Forum Member

Default Custom Fab and Body LLC?

Has anyone here ever heard of or have a fire apparatus built by Custom Fab and Body LLC. They are located in Marion, WI. We requested bids from 8 manufacturers for a new Heavy Rescue and we got bids from only 4 companies. One of the bids came from Custom Fab and Body (they were given our specs by a rep).

Thanks for any help with this question.

For those interested we requested bids from: (If they have an asterix next to it they submitted a bid.)
    *Alexis
    Crimson
    *HME
    KME
    Rosenbauer
    *Spencer
    Toyne

Forum Member

I have heard of them but never seen their product. I had thought they were the old Welch company renamed but they are an entirely new company which has been around over 10 years. Their main guy came from Marion. I suggest you get a customer list from them and go look at some deliveries.

Their website is http://www.cfbody.com/

Forum Member

Default ???????

what type of construction is your heavy rescue? I'm guessing aluminin with welds vs. bolted stainless steel?

Forum Member

Yes it will be Aluminum with welds.

Forum Member

Default Custom Fab and Body

Quote Originally Posted by rschultzjr View Post
    Has anyone here ever heard of or have a fire apparatus built by Custom Fab and Body LLC. They are located in Marion, WI. We requested bids from 8 manufacturers for a new Heavy Rescue and we got bids from only 4 companies. One of the bids came from Custom Fab and Body (they were given our specs by a rep).
    Based on the web, Custom Fab and Body is a smaller manufacturer positioned in the vacinity of Pierce, Seagrave, Marion Body, Elite, Welch, and ALF destroyed 3D. It's a pretty good bet the the employees are acumulated from those manufacturers.

The HD Rescue should be pretty much a lower priced Marion. The web site says the owner put in a lot of time at Marion.
    Last edited by danweb; 11-03-2007 at 12:34 PM. Reason: spelling

Thread Information