Forum Member

Question Firefighter/Paramedics?

Can anyone help me with a list of bases in DOD that have GS-9 Firefighter / Paramedic positions? I know that there were a few at Ft. Rucker, AL, Cherry Point, NC, Camp Lejeune, NC and a DLA site in Richmond, VA. I know that most of the larger bases with hospitals have Paramedics that work for the hospital and fall under the medical series; I think they are only GS-7. Thanks for the help.

Northeast bound

Kirtland AFB in Albuquerque, NM has GS-9 Medics.

Forum Member

Aberdeen Proving Ground, Md.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

DSCC/DFAS (not sure how its classified to you guys) In Columbus Ohio has a full fire/ems department, as does Wright Patt AFB in Dayton Ohio. I have no idea what GS level they are, but worth looking into either way.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default There are several posted on usa jobs

[QUOTE=mopanglow;863869]Can anyone help me with a list of bases in DOD that have GS-9 Firefighter / Paramedic positions?

Did you look online yet? http://www.usajobs.com
    too many to past here.

Has several posted right now, Might I also recommend you check out this contract company they have at least one for FF but several openings if you are at all interested in teaching medical to military.
    -----------------------
    http://www.csc.com

Firefighter Las Vegas • Nevada • USA
    Firefighter Technician

Trainer/Instructor Seoul • Seoul • South Korea
    Emergency Medical Military Simulation Training Facilitator with Emergency Medical Technician experience for Camp Stanley, Seoul, Korea

Trainer/Instructor Sparta • Wisconsin • USA
    Emergency Medical Military Simulation Training Facilitator with Emergency Medical Technician experience at Ft. McCoy, WI

Trainer/Instructor Pascagoula • Mississippi • USA
    MSTC-Training Facilitator with US Army Experience for our location at Camp Shelby, MS.

Trainer/Instructor Wheeler Aaf • Hawaii • USA
    Emergency Medical Military Simulation Training Facilitator with Emergency Medical Technician experience at Schofield Barracks, Hawaii

Trainer/Instructor Ft Riley • Kansas • USA
    Emergency Medical Military Simulation Training Facilitator with Emergency Medical Technician experience for Ft. Riley, KS
    ---------
    CEA07137764 Firefighter Basic Life Support/Hazardous Material Tech(0081) 7 7 U.S Army Garrison, Directorate of Emergency Services, Fire Prevention & Protection Division, Fire Protection Branch (FB) Ft Benning 2007-09-28

SWAU07181277 Firefighter (Basic Life Support)(0081) 7 7 Directorate of Services and Support, Fire & Emergency Services Div., Richmond, KY 2007-09-19
    NEAI07236567 Firefighter (Basic Life Support/Hazmat Technician)(0081) 5 7 Tobyhanna Army Depot (TYAD), Dir/Industrial Risk Management, Fire & Emergency Services Division, Tobyhanna, PA 18466 2007-09-21

WTDS07209871 Lead Firefighter (Basic Life Support/Haz Mat Tech)(0081) 8 8 TACOM, Sierra Army Depot, Directorate of Risk Management, Fire & Emergency Services Div, Herlong, CA 2007-09-27

SCEP07229499 FIREFIGHTER (HAZARDOUS MATERIALS OPERATIONS)(0081) 6 6 US ARMY GARRISON-JRTC & FT POLK, DIRECTORATE OF EMERGENCY SERVICES, FIRE PROTECTION & PREVENTION DIVISION, FT POLK, LA 71459 2007-09-21

SCEP07229579 FIREFIGHTER (HAZMAT TECH/INTERMEDIATE LIFE SUPPORT)(0081) 8 8 US ARMY GARRISON-JRTC & FT POLK, DIRECTORATE OF EMERGENCY SERVICES, FIRE PROTECTION & PREVENTION DIVISION, FT POLK, LA 71459 2007-09-21

SWDM07249924 Lead Firefighter (Basic Life Support/HAZMAT Technician)(0081) 8 8 US Army Installation Management CMD, USAG, Directorate of Emergency Services, Fire Protection & Prevention Division, FOB, Fort Knox, KY 2007-09-27
    ---------------
    These were only for US states you didnt mention the desire to go down range, If so then when you search the usajobs type in iraq it will list all jobs avail to go DOD there. also on same sime home page there is a gov link very small but they are searching for persons to go to iraq with medical or security but as GS job.

If you wish you cand rop me an email for further info

Be safe

FF Medic
    flightmedic

Forum Member

Default Thanks

Sassy,

Thanks for the info, I am currently a Federal F/F EMT-P. I was looking for other DOD bases with GS-9 slots. I have seen them every now and then on USA Jobs, I was just trying to get an idea of other places. I think for now I will stay with the federal service. I have too much time to get out now. Again thanks for the info. Thanks to everyone!

MembersZone Subscriber

DLA Susqueanna, PA has them. I also know that the Navy has a bunch in the Norfolk area.

Forum Member

I think Quantico Marine Base FD went ALS.

Permanently Removed

Federal Fire Navy in San Diego, CA.

Proof-

http://www.firecareers.com/testimonial_detail.cfm?id=45

Forum Member

Default 0081 Firefighter Paramedic

I work in Yuma and we have GS-09 Fireghter Paramedics. Camp Pendleton has them as well, but they are also using the 0640 Paramedics also. Federal Fire San Diego has a few, but are upstaffing as we speak. Most of the Marine Corps Bases have Firefigther Paramedics. Keep looking there are always jobs at a base for ff/pms.

Forum Member

Default FF/Paramedic

I know that out in Montery county in CA they are either starting up a GS-9 program or they have started it up and are looking for a few more. There are also a few bases that are GS-8 FF/EMT-I but I don't have a list of those either.

Mike

Forum Member

Talking Hey

Meapplegate,

That sounds familiar.. So, how are things down at the Point? You still there? I know you had sent an email one time and said you were leaving, or maybe it was sent for you… We still get a kick out of that. What is the status of the ALS program there? Is Brunswick County still stalling the EMT-P program? I heard that you guys might go to EMT-I. It is a shame that Federal Department Chiefs let local jurisdictions dictate how things run. I know several places that presented mutual aid packages to the local governments and said this is what we offer, take it or leave it. Such is life. You all stay safe down there. Drop me a line some time.

Forum Member

Default Miramar Federal Fire Department

I know MCAS Miramar, CA has paramedics and I hear they are great to work for. I have heard they have a 3rd station slated to open in 08 or 09. It was told it will house 2 engines, an ambulance and a rescue. If that is true they will be hiring a ton of new bodies. They currently work the 2/3 schedule and do plenty of automatic aid outside the base. I know for there testing process the pull from the navy open continuous 0081. First its an interview then you do the agility the same day. However, if they do have tons of openings to fill, they might post the jobs specifically on usajobs, perfect firefighter canidate or firerecruit.com to make the public more aware.

Anybody work at Miramar, please let me know if I am way off on my info. Hopefully I am pretty close.

Stay safe,

Kev
    I-25

Permanently Removed

I used to work for the Chief at Miramar and can call him up if needed. A very close friend is a Captain there.

What can I help you with?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mopanglow View Post
    Meapplegate,

That sounds familiar.. So, how are things down at the Point? You still there? I know you had sent an email one time and said you were leaving, or maybe it was sent for you… We still get a kick out of that. What is the status of the ALS program there? Is Brunswick County still stalling the EMT-P program? I heard that you guys might go to EMT-I. It is a shame that Federal Department Chiefs let local jurisdictions dictate how things run. I know several places that presented mutual aid packages to the local governments and said this is what we offer, take it or leave it. Such is life. You all stay safe down there. Drop me a line some time.
    Point is going well. We are trying to get some more people hired so we don't have to run 4 and 5 overtimes a day. EMT-I course is supposed to start near the end of Jan and if all goes well we should upgrade somewhere around June or July to GS-8's. I have been keeping my eye out for some FF/medic jobs so if you hear of anything good let me know. Nearest to here is Lejeune and They just hired about 4 months ago.
    Mike

Forum Member

Default Calffbou

Please let me know if my info on miramar was correct. I have heard from some that they are opening a 3rd station soon. I was told they will fill spots for 2 engines, rescue and ambulance. This is only what I heard.

If you work up north, any info on CDF for San Mateo-Santa Cruz Unit. They sent me a letter for FF2 and it looks like the want to hire me.

Forum Member

Default ME Too!!

Hey Mike, Good to hear things are going well down there. I will keep my eyes open for the announcments. Are they going to limit the number of GS-8 EMTI personnel or will everyone be eligible? I guess if I come back I can go work pt for Brunswick County as an EMTP. I will be down there next week. I will stop in and say hello to everyone. Don't tell them or they will lock the place down!! Stay safe.

Mike

Forum Member

That is what I do. PT about one shift every other week or so with the county. they are paying $16 hr for the part time people. We will probably get as many slots for the EMT-I stuff as we have qualified people or at least that is the guess. We will need a minimum of 7 to run the upgrade to make sure we have someone here every day but with the class and the few of us that are qualified it shouldn't be an issue or at least I hope not. Another cpt is leaving in around March so there will be another slpt open then. See ya next week.

Mike

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by blownmerc View Post
    Kirtland AFB in Albuquerque, NM has GS-9 Medics.

Not true anymore. They just dropped the paramedic program and went back to basic trucks. Took all ILS and ALS items off the truck and wait for an offsite ambulance for 15 minutes to show up

Thread Information