Forum Member

Default Columbia Universities president on Ahmadinejad

The university President tears into Ahmadinejad before he speaks. This is in 2 parts. 1st part on top.

PART 1

PART 2

I am not happy the Iranian president was even able to have his chance to speak there but this man at least makes me a little happier about the situation.
    ******=================
    ******================
    ******=================
    ******================
    =======================
    =======================
    =======================

------GOD BLESS AMERICA ! ------

Forum Member

That man - if you wanna call him that - has repeated time after time how Israel should be blown off the map. He's said that several times about the US. And they still let him come over here. Something's wrong.

Forum Member

See my post on this over here.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by SapphyreBlues View Post
    He's said that several times about the US. And they still let him come over here. Something's wrong.
    There is no doubt in my mind that this guy is a walking, talking POS. However, it is a sign that something is right that he can come over here and spew his rhetoric. I rarely agree with SCFire86, politically I'm on the opposite side of his views, but by not suppressing other opinions, even those of a tin hat dictator like "Ineedtoshaverealbad", is what separates us from the oppressive societies in the world.

If I went to Iran and openly spoke of democracy, it would be instant death for me and we would all say this shows what a backward society they have. But if a scumbag like this comes over here and people advocate killing him that somehow shows we have the high moral ground. That is something just don't understand.
    -------------------
    "The most mediocre man or woman can suddenly seem dynamic, forceful, and decisive if he or she is mean enough." from "Crazy Bosses"
    -----------------------------------------------
    Genius has its limits, but stupidity is boundless.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by KenNFD1219 View Post
    There is no doubt in my mind that this guy is a walking, talking POS. However, it is a sign that something is right that he can come over here and spew his rhetoric. I rarely agree with SCFire86, politically I'm on the opposite side of his views, but by not suppressing other opinions, even those of a tin hat dictator like "Ineedtoshaverealbad", is what separates us from the oppressive societies in the world.

If I went to Iran and openly spoke of democracy, it would be instant death for me and we would all say this shows what a backward society they have. But if a scumbag like this comes over here and people advocate killing him that somehow shows we have the high moral ground. That is something just don't understand.
    Well, yeah, you have a point. But I still think he has absolutely no business going to ground zero. He's just doing that to mock the US citizens. He's not doing it out of respect. The guy has called for the end of the US...so why would he then show sympathy and sorrow for the deaths of 3,000 of us? So lemme see. Who else died...oh yeah the terrorists. They are the only ones he would have sympathy for. And that's very obvious.

Forum Member

My only issue is that Columbia brings him in under the banner of academic freedom and exchange of ideas, yet these concepts are basically illegal under the rule of the person they invite.

Might as well invite Vladimir Putin to a journalism conference.

Forum Member

My views mirror that.

But I do wonder what it looks like from the average Iranian citizen's point of view. What does it look like for America to let him come and speak when they themselves are denied any form of criticism of their government or "freedom of speech" at the same time? If the "free speech" advocates really want to hear a truthful voice from Iran and let free speech shine, the college should also invite some of the outcasts and political heritics branded and bruised by Mr. A. to come and speak at Colombia University. I'd like to hear what a homosexual Iranian has to say about his government when he's on American soil and can't be arrested or executed for his lifestyle. I want to hear from a representative of an Iranian district who was barred from running due to trumped up disqualifications. I've already heard plenty from "petty and cruel dictators," they get all the air time they want. We haven't done any favors to Mr. A, or the U.S. Constitution, or to ourselves for that matter, for letting a tyrant come and speak. You are right Ken, we can stop acting like we've got higher moral standards until we have heard from the average, non-fanatical Iranian citizen.

However I did listen to the speech, for entertainment purposes, or at least a slow translator's version of it. It was almost funny, but at the same time sad, to hear Mr. A. speak. The first bit was nothing but preaching, and I haven't been to church in nearly a year, so thanks for the brush up but no thanks. Maybe Bush and Mr. A. should find the common ground as far as their mutual inability to give meaningful speeches and use that as a platform for peace. The second part of Mr. A's speech was where we got to see more of a mutated mind, corrupted by one too many religious scholars with agendas against the West.

What I learned from the speech:

The Holocaust needs more investigation by academic scholars.
    Iran needs parts for civilian aircraft.
    There are no homosexuals in Iran.
    "Yeah, but as I've always said, this country has A.D.D." - Denis Leary

http://www.lettertogop.com/

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by emt161 View Post
    My only issue is that Columbia brings him in under the banner of academic freedom and exchange of ideas, yet these concepts are basically illegal under the rule of the person they invite.

That is exactly what makes the US a great nation and Iran a lesser nation. Were it not for their oil, Iran would be nothing more than sand blowing in the wind with their people living as nomads.

Forum Member

How about this, the first due company to Columbia was out of service yesterday for annual medical exams and the rig was out at the Rock for preventative mantaince!

Forum Member

Funny how everyone is giving Bollinger accolades for his "academic freedom" and his cruel and petty dictator and other remarks.

But how everyone has forgotten that the founder of the Minutemen was booed out of one forum, and disinvited to the next. Academic freedom and/or Freedom of Speech applies to everybody, and not selective. Shame how parents spend tons of money to raise selfish, leftist in training kids at this University. And don't forget this school has a student lounge named after a black revolutionary who killed a NJ State Trooper.

I may not like Billary, Obama bin Laden, or many other people, but they have a right to be heard. You may boo them, I may walk out, and others may cheer them. That is our right.

Columbia's "Academic Freedom", and it's idea of "Freedom of Speech" would be laughable, if it wasn't so sad.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by pwrstrkinsmketr View Post
    But how everyone has forgotten that the founder of the Minutemen was booed out of one forum, and disinvited to the next. Academic freedom and/or Freedom of Speech applies to everybody, and not selective. Shame how parents spend tons of money to raise selfish, leftist in training kids at this University. And don't forget this school has a student lounge named after a black revolutionary who killed a NJ State Trooper.
    Same thing happened here in CA. Students at USC booed Walter Mondale off stage in 1984. And there is a HUGE debate going on right now over Stanford offering Donald Rumsfeld an appointment as a Hoover Institution visiting fellow.

For the record. Stanford has a rep as being a conservative school.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyirons2 View Post
    How about this, the first due company to Columbia was out of service yesterday for annual medical exams and the rig was out at the Rock for preventative mantaince!
    Meaning what exactly? Was this purposely done because of Mr. A's presence? What about the other citizens and taxpayers who live in that locale? Were they at risk because of some spiteful FDNY firefighters over one man?

If this act was deliberate it gives the entire profession a bad name.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Meaning what exactly? Was this purposely done because of Mr. A's presence? What about the other citizens and taxpayers who live in that locale? Were they at risk because of some spiteful FDNY firefighters over one man?

If this act was deliberate it gives the entire profession a bad name.

This schedule is done months in advance. Company goes out of service for their annual medicals, at which time the shops pick up the rig for its PM.

Coincidental... Unless someone changed it. But that's rare.

Forum Member

Same thing happened here in CA. Students at USC booed Walter Mondale off stage in 1984. And there is a HUGE debate going on right now over Stanford offering Donald Rumsfeld an appointment as a Hoover Institution visiting fellow.

For the record. Stanford has a rep as being a conservative school.
    Mondale should have been heard. While I voted for Bush both times, and still think he was the lesser of 2 evils, Rumsfeld was a cold, callous, cocky SOB. Never really showed me anything, IMO. Must be the borderline Conservative/Liberals who are upset at Stamford.

As for Columbia, being an obviously VERY liberal school does not allow an voice opposing their viewpoints is hypocritical of their claim of free speech.

One might expect a conservative school to be "stuffy", but Columbia is a very left wing school. So much for their rights for all, unless you disagree with them.

Forum Member

This schedule is done months in advance. Company goes out of service for their annual medicals, at which time the shops pick up the rig for its PM.

Coincidental... Unless someone changed it. But that's rare.
    That's what I thought. The implication was that it was deliberate.

Forum Member

That's what I thought. The implication was that it was deliberate.
    No, the implication is that the City of NY takes up to 30 or so companies out of service every day for annual medical exams, EEO training, annual education day, etc. Things that should be done on OT, so that the citizens dont lose their protection. On a day when someone like this terrorist POS was visiting, wouldnt it be prudent to have that company in service, God Forbid something was to happen? For the FD, it was business as usual. For the PD, 10,000 extra POs on OT.
    Proud East Coast Traditionalist.

MembersZone Subscriber

I agree. It doesnt any balls to come and speak in America. It takes a great amount of courage to go and speak in Iran.
    Fortune does not change men; it unmasks them.

The grass ain't greener, the wine ain't sweeter!! Either side of the hill.

IACOJ PROUD

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    No, the implication is that the City of NY takes up to 30 or so companies out of service every day for annual medical exams, EEO training, annual education day, etc. Things that should be done on OT, so that the citizens dont lose their protection. On a day when someone like this terrorist POS was visiting, wouldnt it be prudent to have that company in service, God Forbid something was to happen? For the FD, it was business as usual. For the PD, 10,000 extra POs on OT.
    EEO is now part of Co medicals, I'm sure you experienced it. I wasn't going to go into details about the particulars of PMP, CM, ED, and all that stuff, but you did. Thanks.

Yes, certain members of the upper echelon have been putting the cart before the horse lately. As for OT, having high OT numbers may prevent them from getting that star, or losing that politcal appt. (COD, FC).

The job did put a few rigs in service on "Other" OT over the weekend, for I was offered a spot, but declined. But I have to agree 1,000 % , PMP and Co medicals should have been rescheduled, or the company placed in service on OT.

We know that won't happen anytime soon.

Stay safe.
    Last edited by pwrstrkinsmketr; 09-25-2007 at 12:14 PM.

Forum Member

EEO is now part of Co medicals, I'm sure you experienced it. I wasn't going to go into details about the particulars of PMP, CM, ED, and all that stuff, but you did. Thanks.

Yes, certain members of the upper echelon have been putting the cart before the horse lately. As for OT, having high OT numbers may prevent them from getting that star, or losing that politcal appt. (COD, FC).

The job did put a few rigs in service on "Other" OT over the weekend, for I was offered a spot, but declined. But I have to agree 1,000 % , PMP and Co medicals should have been rescheduled, or the company placed in service on OT.

We know that won't happen anytime soon.

Stay safe.
    I forgot about that. I have medicals next month, havent experienced the joyfulness yet.
    Proud East Coast Traditionalist.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    ....wouldnt it be prudent to have that company in service, God Forbid something was to happen?
    Apparently not.

Forum Member

The way to back a liberal into a connundrum(sp?)is to bring in someone who hates President Bush with a purple headed passion and then revealing that your guest hates what the liberal stands for as well.
    If the court that hanged Hussein had reminded folks of all the environmental damage he'd ordered done after Desert Storm,he'd have been dragged from his cell and had rocks thrown at him on the way to the gallows.

Quote Originally Posted by emt161 View Post

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Ahmad parroting Dems?

Or are Dems parroting Ahmad .....?

We didnt learn a thing from this guy's lecture. We have all heard all his talking points before by our own political hacks.

Now, what we don't know here is who's parroting who, although my guess is that Mahmoud is parroting Democrats. That's why he kind of gets off track when he got the homosexual question at Columbia. Here is Mahmoud Ahmadinejad accusing the Bush administration of running secret prisons, and kidnapping, and torture, and wiretapping and all that in his speech at the UN.

AHMAD: Setting up secret prisons, abducting persons, trials, and secret punishments without any regard to due process, extensive tapping of telephone conversations, intercepting private mail, and frequent summons to police and security centers have become commonplace and prevalent.

BYRD: Unchecked power to spy on our own people, the power to create covert prisons for secret prisoners, the torture of prisoners to extract information from them. That resolution does not authorize running black hole secret prisons in foreign countries to get around US law. That resolution does not give this president, or any president, the powers reserved only for kings and potentates.

AHMAD: The Palestinian people have been displaced or are under heavy military pressure, economic siege, or are incarcerated under abhorrent conditions. The occupiers are protected and praised, while the innocent Palestinians are subjected to political, military, and propaganda onslaughts. The people of Palestine are deprived of water, electricity, and medicine for the sin of asking for freedom.

JIMMY CARTER: In December of 2006 on Meet the Press. The apartheid that is perpetrated now on the Palestinians in the occupied territories is not based on racism. It's based on the desire by a minority of Israelis for Palestinian land. And in the acquisition of that land, the occupation, the confiscation, and then the colonization of that land, they are perpetuating an absolute and total division between the Israelis living on Palestinian territory and the right of Palestinians to interrelate with any Israelis who occupy their own land.

AHMAD: Iraq was occupied under the pretext of overthrowing a dictator and the existence of weapons of mass destruction. The Iraqi dictator, who had been supported by the same occupiers, was disposed of, and no weapons of mass destruction were discovered. But the occupation continues under different excuses.

RANGEL: July 31st of this year, Charles Rangel on Wolf Blitzer's show on CNN.
    We started the civil war; we knocked off Saddam Hussein; nothing to do with Al-Qaeda; nothing to do with weapons of mass destruction; nothing to do with 9/11.

AHMAD: Poverty, illiteracy, health care issues, and the gap between the poor and the rich. The situation of poverty and deprivation is very alarming.

KENNEDY: ecember 17th, 2006. Thirty-six million Americans that are going to bed hungry every night, 36 million Americans who are going -- and 12 million of those are children. We've had the total number of people that have fallen back into poverty during this Bush administration, and we have five million more people that are drop back into poverty.

AHMAD: How can the incompetent, who cannot even manage and control themselves, rule humanity and arrange its affairs?

HILLARY: August 3rd, 2006. Because of the administration's strategic blunders and frankly the record of incompetence in executing, you are presiding over a failed policy. Given your track record, why should we believe your assurances now?

AHMAD TRIPS WHEN THE QUESTIONS STRAY FROM THE DEMOCRATIC TALKING POINTS.

REPORTER: You mentioned that there is no such phenomenon in Iran as homosexuality. Could you please elaborate on that? I know a few myself.

AHMAD: Seriously, I don't know of any. As for homosexuality, I don't know where it is. Give me an address so that we are also aware of what happens in Iran.
    Last edited by RoughRider; 09-27-2007 at 01:08 PM.
    Fortune does not change men; it unmasks them.

The grass ain't greener, the wine ain't sweeter!! Either side of the hill.

IACOJ PROUD

Thread Information