Thread: Use your head

Default Use your head

Disclaimer: This post is not aimed at any one person, but the group of us (juniors, explorers, and cadets) as a whole. So I don't have to type the whole list of people who this forum was made for I will use "explorer" as a broad term.

Some of the recent posts on here have been laughable. As an explorer you should be asking questions about training and how to better your post, not if explorers should use blue lights.If you wouldn't say it at the firehouse DON'T say it here. If you got to go interior, great, good for you, now keep it to yourself to avoid the crap storm that will follow shortly after you posting about how you fought what people fear. We are not little kids, and we shouldn't act like them, but we will be treated like them until this stops.

Write in English, not Ebonics, you just make yourself look dumb. If you can't spell download firefox, it corrected 5 spelling errors for me in this post so far.

Use these boards as a tool to learn, not to sling poo.

And edit:

When you are at an emergency of any type, the people you are dealing with are having a really bad day. Don't say anything that seems funny within earshot of anyone, especially the homeowner, or family.

Jack
    Last edited by jacklrd; 09-25-2007 at 02:56 PM. Reason: spelling-odd huh?

Forum Member

yea, another forum "cop".

Lighten up, Francis.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Quote Originally Posted by Bones42 View Post
    yea, another forum "cop".
    Lighten up, Francis.

Bones,

I was not trying to be a forum cop, I actually enjoy some of the debates that happen here. But on this part of the forum at least one of the messages in my post are brought out in almost every thread. This thread was an attempt to guide some of the explorers that get beat up on every time they make a thread or post. I'm sorry that you don't like the message, but I am going to leave it there so maybe someone will take something away from it.

Jack

Thread Information