Thread: Bunker Gear

Forum Member

Default Bunker Gear

I would like to find out everyones thoughts, "Based on Fact" about bunker gear, we are getting ready to replace ours and have narrowed the field to two, those of which being "Fire Dex" and "Morning Pridr", Globe evidently decided they did not need the money, we currently have the Fire Dex and have no problems with it, in comparison the gear materaials we are looking at are the same, 60-40 Kevlar-Nomex, Meta-Aramid, the only difference is the Fire Dex uses Stedair, and the Morning Pride uses Crosstech. Want your experiences, durability ect.
    Last edited by cvfd605; 09-26-2007 at 10:58 AM.
    "You will never do anything in this world without courage. It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor."

MembersZone Subscriber

If you have good luck with MP, why switch? If the materials are the same as what you currently have, I would say there isn't a question. Go with what you know and have had good experience with.

Stay Safe

makes good girls go bad

Quote Originally Posted by cvfd605 View Post
    I would like to find out everyones thoughts, "Based on Fact" about bunker gear, we are getting ready to replace ours and have narrowed the field to two, those of which being "Fire Dex" and "Morning Pridr", Globe evidently decided they did not need the money, we currently have the Fire Dex and have no problems with it, in comparison the gear materaials we are looking at are the same, 60-40 Kevlar-Nomex, Meta-Aramid, the only difference is the Fire Dex uses Stedair, and the Morning Pride uses Crosstech. Want your experiences, durability ect.
    I just got my Globe G-XTREME jacket yesterday (waiting on pants), and I cannot sing their praises loud enough. Amazingly light, and custom fit...despite what a certain member whos handle starts with hot, and ends with trotter thinks..

try contacting their regional manager, Alan Myers
    amyers@globefiresuits.com
    amyers@alltel.blackberry.com
    Cell: 252-395-2958
    Fax: 252-332-6949

I had some trouble with my local rep about NOT ordering my gear after measured. I emailed my local manager, and not only was the problem rectified, I got the gear in less then 3 weeks.
    Before you write them off, give Alan Myers a shout.
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by cvfd605 View Post
    Go with the stedair membrane. Much better than the crosstech. Better resistance and durability from our experience.

Stay safe.

MembersZone Subscriber

Based on my experience of wearing both Fire-Dex and Morning Pride, if you want to get burned and have your gear fall apat in a year get Fire-Dex. If you dont want to get burned and would like your gear to last buy Morning Pride.

Forum Member

Default Turnout Gear

I have worn several different types of turnout gear. i have had the best fit and design with Janesville by Lion Apparel. They have the expandable shoulder cut and sewn in both the outer shell and inner liner. The Globe Gear that I had only had the Expandable shoulder on the outside liner and used a larger bulking inner liner.

Thread Information