Thread: Jr. Check off!

MembersZone Subscriber

Exclamation Jr. Check off!

I was wondering if there was any companies out there that use a check off sheet for Jr. members. If so what does it consist of? Would you be will be willing to send a copy to me? I'm trying to design a check off sheet for our Jr. members and I've been finding it harder than I would expect. Thanks for your help!
    "Courage is the resistance to fear, the mastery of fear, not the lack of fear." Mark Twain
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." Uknown

What do you mean by check off sheet? That could be any number of things.

MembersZone Subscriber

Check off what training they have done etc. Anything that would be useful to there development and learning in the fire company and for me to see their progress.
    "Courage is the resistance to fear, the mastery of fear, not the lack of fear." Mark Twain

We don't, but your best bet would probably be Microsoft Excel. Just put every type of training along the top, the names going down, and check off as you go.

MembersZone Subscriber

i was thinking on doing that. I just wanted to see if there was any different ways of doing it. i like seeing what everyone is doing and see if will help us in any way.

Forum Member

We've got one. I'll try to email it sometime today or tomorrow.
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

MembersZone Subscriber

I'd appreciate that RFRD .

Forum Member

My department has one that is not to complex or big. Ill see if I can find it too. If you want it.
    "...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
    For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
    Shall be my brother;..." - King Henry V - Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Catch22 View Post
    It's not the brightest thing to come into a topic and try to provoke a bunch of guys/gals with more time on the firehouse crapper than you do in the firehouse.
    "crispitycrunchitypeanutbuttery t0ast" - DFurtman

MembersZone Subscriber

thanx toasty! I'll take (almost..lol) whatever anyone wants to send me

Forum Member

i would excel and put the training at the top and the member names down the left side and as they pass the training, one of the ADVISORS, initials the appropriate box for that member.

Forum Member

Our Juniors names are on the Training roll call as well they have a section on the Call Sheets for them.
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

MembersZone Subscriber

Oh. CHECK off.

Never mind.

Forum Member

I didn't forget about ya. I just realized that I don't have the file on my jump drive anymore so I'll have to get it when I get home.
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ffscm72 View Post
    I was wondering if there was any companies out there that use a check off sheet for Jr. members. If so what does it consist of? Would you be will be willing to send a copy to me? I'm trying to design a check off sheet for our Jr. members and I've been finding it harder than I would expect. Thanks for your help!
    Have you checked with the Fire School??? Send me an email......I've probably got something along those lines but you're close enough to buy me a cup of coffee some day. .

Quote Originally Posted by ffscm72 View Post
    My dept. has a list of Jr. members every drill or call we fill in a breif description on the top about what the call/drill was. The Jr. FF just have to sign their name on the sheet in a blank. Then in the end we enter it into a computer and print out the info for the Month or year.

Forum Member

Chris,
    We tried to have a probie board up here at 55, but it just didn't work.

Now we work it so that when you receive a fire school certificate, you turn a copy into the Chief officer responsible for training and it gets filed away. The only real check off we seem to have is the truck check off when you are ready to get your black shield, when an officer runs you through the trucks and you have to know whats in each compartment.
    Do a little dance, make a little rum, Italian Ice! Italian Ice!

Actual lyric: Do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight, get down tonight.
    (KC & The Sunshine Band "Do A Little Dance")

My thoughts are mine alone and do not represent the thoughts of any Organization to which I am affiliated.

Thread Information