Thread: Teambuilding

Forum Member

Question Teambuilding

Our FD has a junior firbrigade program.
    The recruits, boys and girls, are of the age between 12 and 18.
    Every 2 weeks on sunday mornings or friday nights we have an exercise witch takes about 2 hours.
    Now i had the idea of having a teambuilding exercise.
    Does anyone have any suggestions how to take this on?
    It would be nice if someone could chare some ideas about this.
    Tnx.
    *The BOSS rules*

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by zippo99 View Post
    Our FD has a junior firbrigade program.
    The recruits, boys and girls, are of the age between 12 and 18.
    Every 2 weeks on sunday mornings or friday nights we have an exercise witch takes about 2 hours.
    Now i had the idea of having a teambuilding exercise.
    Does anyone have any suggestions how to take this on?
    It would be nice if someone could chare some ideas about this.
    Tnx.
    To get an idea, you are looking for more of like team building exercises that have to do more with firefighting or just team building in general? I have a few that have nothing to do with firefighting that you could do from a church retreat I was at a couple years ago. RFRDxplorer may have a couple also as he was at nearly the same retreat just a year before I was.
    Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RFxplr326 View Post
    To get an idea, you are looking for more of like team building exercises that have to do more with firefighting or just team building in general? I have a few that have nothing to do with firefighting that you could do from a church retreat I was at a couple years ago. RFRDxplorer may have a couple also as he was at nearly the same retreat just a year before I was.
    Hey ace...........I helped at your retreat. Thanks for remembering. lol

But seriously, there are a ton of great team building exercises out there. I have been on plenty of retreats and have seen pretty much a new one each time. So do a quick google search and see what you get. If you have any other questions or want to see if anyone on here had done a particular exercise, feel free to ask.
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RFRDxplorer View Post
    Hey ace...........I helped at your retreat. Thanks for remembering. lol
    Now that you say that, I do remember that.
    Sorry...
    Wow... that was nearly 3 years ago. I'm so old.
    Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

Forum Member

tnx for the replies.
    The exercises don't have anything to do with firefighting.
    We just want to teach them to work as a team and to have fun.
    We do enough Firefighting exercises, and i thought that maybe some other things would help them to think and work as a team.
    *The BOSS rules*

Forum Member

At the FF Survival and Rescue class I took two years ago,we were placed into 6 person groups and handed a coiled and tangled up rope.
    The exercise had us each put one hand and one hand only on the line and untangle it while maintaining a grip on it.We could shift from one hand to the other as we did so but we had to keep hold of the rope as we maneuvered about untangling and figuring out which way to go next.Kinda like Rubik's Cube without the pretty colored squares.
    I could give you some ideas garnered from what little I know about SEAL training to teach that one person doesn't have a chance but we are dealing with kids here.Log carries,and PT for not coming in first in a drill wouldn't be too appropriate,would it?
    Last edited by doughesson; 10-03-2007 at 05:09 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by doughesson View Post
    Log carries,and PT for not coming in first in a drill wouldn't be too appropriate,would it?
    Now youre talking!

Now only if I could convince everyone else that those are the things that we need to be doing!
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Forum Member

Smile

i would say put one of the jrs./explorers in a trapped place so the rest of the team has to get that person and that will show teamwork.
    **The knowledge given within these forums is my own personal insight and information and does not and should not necessarily reflect any organizations that I am associated with**

Thread Information