Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Forum Member

Default Have you seen this man ?

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/1866020/

Go to wral website if this link won't take you there and search for Ben Barrick.

Please let us know if you have seen him in your area . There are a lot of people in NC looking for Ole Ben Barrick .

Whatever you do do not allow him to sell you on his helicopter services.He has travelled around the US mostly in NC, TN , and now Texas trying to sell Sheriffs the idea of paying him to provide them with helicopter support. He has caused alot of trouble in NC alone. I am not speculating here it is all fact and I don't want any other public safety agencies to be drawn in by his stories. Also he has a white Ford F350 four door cab and a camper shell on it, on that shell is a WIL Burt light tower that he stole from a good friend of mine and an honest Chief of a Rescue Squad.

Ben pulls a very long white trailer and claims he uses it for doing FEMA work. If you have seen him please post here or email beargun@firehousemail.com
    He has a few who are faithful to him that he has really conned into his story.

Please help by letting us know where he is and don't hire him for anything to do with Emergency Services.One deputy has already been killed in Franklin County NC. He may be in NC,TN,Tx,Fla (Orlando)or just about anywhere now.
    Last edited by beargun; 10-12-2007 at 08:03 AM.

Forum Member

Default Reup the post

I am going tp keep posting this story , hopefully someone will see him. I want to find this mutt.He hangs out around fire houses and rescue stations too much not to be found.

If yall think this is inappropriate just say so and I will not post it again.

You've posted it once. IMHO, there's no need to post it again or bump it again just to keep it on top. If it falls off the front page, it means nobody was interested.
    "Nemo Plus Voluptatis Quam Nos Habant"

The Code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules.

Is there a warrant out for him?

If one does see him and e-mails you about it, what is your intentions? (I'm just curious)

Do you intend to report him to authorities? Or is this more of a civil matter?
    "You see things and you ask, 'Why'? I dream of things that never were and I say, 'Why not'?

"I used to work in a fire hydrant factory. You couldn't park anywhere near the place."

"When you are kind to someone in trouble, you hope they'll remember and be kind to someone else. And it'll become like a wildfire."

Forum Member

We want just to recover the stolen equipment from him, he befriended us a couple years ago and now he's off with some equipment that belongs to the rescue team.
    There are Federal Agents looking for him , it has to do with him posing as a Deputy US Marshal during the Katrina Disaster and taking some boats and generators, read the story and you'll find there is a long track record following this guy.
    We only want to recover some equipment and mean no harm to him , there are plenty of others who wish that on him.

Thank you for bringing this information to our attention.

With respect, should I come across this individual I will report him to the local authorities.
    I will not e-mail persons that I do not know who are looking to recover stolen goods privately.
    I'm sure the PD can/will return those goods should they come across them during their investigation.

I hope this will appease you somewhat; There will be action on my part should I see him (Calling local authorities), it may just not be in compliance with the actions you are expecting.

Take care,
    Neil
    "You see things and you ask, 'Why'? I dream of things that never were and I say, 'Why not'?

"I used to work in a fire hydrant factory. You couldn't park anywhere near the place."

"When you are kind to someone in trouble, you hope they'll remember and be kind to someone else. And it'll become like a wildfire."

Forum Member

That's cool with me, as long as someone gets him out of these public safety departments businesses.The law enforcement authorities will most likely catch him first and actually that would be best and safest for getting the equipment back.Thanks

Forum Member

Default South Texas Coast

Anyone in the South Texas coast area who may have seen Ben ? I heard recently he may be in that area befriending a rescue service or water rescue squad. All we want is to get the light back and we'll leave him alone.

Enough with the friggin' spam, this isn't a "wanted" forum.
    Last edited by DeputyMarshal; 01-28-2008 at 09:16 AM.

Forum Member

Then don't read it Deputy Marshal ! This guy is responsible for killing a police officer and has caused trouble everywhere he goes with Fire and Rescue departments.He caused alot of problems in our department alone including getting a firefighter shot at !
    This website is s great way of finding this guy because of the network among us. All we want is to recover some stolen equipment , the law will do the rest. Its not spam , if you dont like it dont read it.

Forum Member

Do not take a man's light and expect to get away with it!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Forum Member

Hey Irish, dont make light of the situation!

Good thing's happening

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyirons2 View Post
    Hey Irish, dont make light of the situation!

Johnny quick question. Is List 6019 a hated list or will every list from 6019 be hated as well as you describe it as it being. (Just saying because if it's just for List 6019 , my advice would be for anyone apart of List 6019 to be quiet since you are already not liked , why make it worse before you have even began ?)

I saw him today at Wal-Mart.............he was trying on women's lingere......

Quote Originally Posted by beargun View Post
    This guy is responsible for killing a police officer
    beargun- do you honestly think, for one second, that if he were indeed responsible for killing a Police Officer, that any law enforcement agencies WONT be watching for him at podunk fire departments, which he probably isnt stupid enough to go near if he did kill a Police Officer?
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

There's no apparent indication that law enforcement is even looking for this guy... This smells much more like a personal vendetta than any kind of legitimate search.

55 Years & Still Rolling hwoods's Avatar
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Wink Yup...........

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyMarshal View Post
    There's no apparent indication that law enforcement is even looking for this guy... This smells much more like a personal vendetta than any kind of legitimate search.
    Will you please stop trying to interject a common sense idea here??

This guy shows up here, he'll be dealt with appropriately.........
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Forum Member

Go to my original post and read it , it gives a link to the story on the WRAL website that will tell you all about it or google his name and read at will.He was posing as a chopper pilot and has done so in other places.There are other agencies looking for him Federal and local.They aren't looking for him about the chopper crash.That case is ongoing. I could write about what he has done for about an hour.This is not a personal vendetta Deputy this is a group of fire and rescue guys trying to repossess some stolen equipment from a very well respected team chief .If he would return it I would remove all these posts and leave him alone. I have had several law enforcement agencies contact me through this website and it is working.You'll just have to take my word as fellow firefighter they are looking for him. Again , If it bothers you Deputy Chief then DONT READ IT .
    Last edited by beargun; 01-29-2008 at 09:48 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesrule1024 View Post
    Johnny quick question. Is List 6019 a hated list or will every list from 6019 be hated as well as you describe it as it being. (Just saying because if it's just for List 6019 , my advice would be for anyone apart of List 6019 to be quiet since you are already not liked , why make it worse before you have even began ?)
    Yes, people hate us. But to be honest I don't mind. I have enough confidence in myself and in guys like me that we can prove people wrong. I'll be doing my best to be at the top of my class. I look forward to all the ball breaking I'm gonna get as a probie(hopefully) and being from 6019. Times change, but the people that want this job never will. And if riling up some southerner about something that got stolen from them makes me hated in New York, well I really doubt that would ever happen.

p.s. I'm an eagles fan..

Go to my original post and read it , it gives a link to the story on the WRAL website that will tell you all about it or google his name and read at will.He was posing as a chopper pilot and has done so in other places.There are other agencies looking for him Federal and local.
    That case is almost 4 years old. He's been in court as recently as last fall. He has at least one lawyer out of Texas. If there are any legitimate law enforcement agencies looking for him, they aren't looking all that hard.

And, even if law enforcement is looking for him, that's their business -- not yours.

They aren't looking for him about the chopper crash.That case is ongoing. I could write about what he has done for about an hour.
    Don't bother. Nobody cares. If they did they could easily find out through more objective channels.

If yall think this is inappropriate just say so and I will not post it again.
    Do you not remember posting that message back in October?
    Last edited by DeputyMarshal; 01-31-2008 at 05:43 AM. Reason: update citation

Thread Information