Forum Member

Default Just a short rant from the new guy

Okay, I'm the new guy here and, as such, know my opinion means less than squat, but I just found something in these forums that is too disturbing and angering to not vent about.

Maybe it's just me; though I doubt anyone here would disagree; but the use of these forums to conduct free marketing of your line of products is not what they are intended for and in the case of the LODD announcements page in quite poor taste.

I cannot fathom what sort of low life piece of scum it takes to disgrace one of the gateways used by fellow firefighters to express their condolences upon the passing of their brothers in such a crass attempt to make money. It makes me sick. I do not know who this turd, trade1 is, but I suspect he is just a worthless hump who would pick a kid's pocket for a few pennies.

If, which I find hard to believe is possible, this bottom dweller has a problem with my characterization of his scurvy dog nature, I will gladly make myself available to discuss it in person, at great length, at less than spitting range.
    America's Volunteer Firefighters -- Putting the Wet Stuff on the Red Stuff since 1736.

"To make rescues fast, pull on past. Don't get stuck, because you blocked the truck."

"The reason Smokey Bear had no children? Every time his wife got hot, he beat her with a shovel."

"It's quite simple, really. You call, we come. Nothing to it. Whether you really need us or not, we'll come, because you called. That's what we do."

RTF

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Thumbs down And..............

Make that two of us............... I was going to be Mr. nice chief and send him an email, but his email is blocked, so a call was made to the WT. It should go away quick.
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Forum Member

im in .. we can road trip it... ill drive... maybe he has some ****ball friends that share his views of how best to be a lowlife and get the wrong people ticked... they can most certainly be addressed..

I do believe he has been eliminated.

Come on out WT and take a bow.

Forum Member

what are we talkin about? the computer guy ?>
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Forum Member

Thumbs down

yeah the computer guy.... what a worthless fu#$
    JOHN 15:13

ISAIAH 43:2

1st Asst. Chief Ray Johns

FF/NREMT-B

Marion Volunteer Fire Department

makes good girls go bad

???????????????
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

MembersZone Subscriber

I must have totally missed that...But, I'm still game for kicking a low life POS's *****...lol
    "Courage is the resistance to fear, the mastery of fear, not the lack of fear." Mark Twain
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." Uknown

Forum Member

Default Thanks, WT and Chief Woods, and others

The offending post has been removed, and my ire has begun to lessen... some.

Much thanks to Chief Woods for the assist and to those of you who were ready to jump in. I knew you would have my back even before I made my post. I - as I imagine do most of you - try to live and let live, but there are just some things that I can't tolerate and that was right at the top of the list.

Also, thanks Web Team for understanding how that dishonored our fallen brothers and those left behind, and acting quickly.
    America's Volunteer Firefighters -- Putting the Wet Stuff on the Red Stuff since 1736.

"To make rescues fast, pull on past. Don't get stuck, because you blocked the truck."

"The reason Smokey Bear had no children? Every time his wife got hot, he beat her with a shovel."

"It's quite simple, really. You call, we come. Nothing to it. Whether you really need us or not, we'll come, because you called. That's what we do."

RTF

Forum Member

Default Just a minute...

I did not see the post in question but every newspaper, radio, and TV station makes money on the news both good and very bad (LODD's) in fact this forum obviously is even here to make money look to the left more banner ads than most websites! Should Firehouse.com remove all adverts when announcing a death?
    Anyhow just seems the rant is really bull**** when everyone else is advertising including this website.

My two cents...

Editor - CAL FIRE NEWS - http://calfire.blogspot.com

Forum Member

Thumbs down

What firehouse.com is doing helps honor those who have lost their live's and it gives us a place to comfort each other and send wishes to their families....

Your post couldn't be further from the truth!!

If you think this so called "RANT" is Bull****, then my suggestion to you would be..... don't read it, and don't bother posting FTM-PTB

as for the rest of you I appologize that any of you had to read that crap that was just posted above this
    JOHN 15:13

ISAIAH 43:2

1st Asst. Chief Ray Johns

FF/NREMT-B

Marion Volunteer Fire Department

Forum Member

. . rocdad, if you " did not see the post in question". . how do know the rant was BS. Especially when so many others agree with the Ranter. Get the facts first.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LtJohns355 View Post

If you think this so called "RANT" is Bull****, then my suggestion to you would be..... don't read it, and don't bother posting FTM-PTB
    Actually, I think his whole point in posting was to inflame people and hopefully draw some people to visit his site - they probably make money on a "per hit" basis, which means that the more people who show up there, even just to criticize, the more jing they make. Make him irrelevant and he'll go away. Visit the site and he'll keep coming back to post more antagonizing drivel.

Forum Member

Default TV, Radio, Web they all make revenue from news and dead first providers are news

Quote Originally Posted by LtJohns355 View Post
    What firehouse.com is doing helps honor those who have lost their live's and it gives us a place to comfort each other and send wishes to their families....
    AND THEY ARE ADVERTISING THE WHOLE TIME, Just like any news provider TV, Radio, Web they all make revenue from news and dead first providers are news...Firehouse.com is here to make a profit period, no money no Firehouse.com and LODD's make money for news providers like it or not! In my humble opinion they are glutted with adverts and there is no scared ground on this site for LODD's which maybe is a idea that should be explored, Bottom line a forum spammer is no more guilty than the forum itself...

Go ahead rant, Rave call me names but it does not change the facts...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nuthead View Post
    Actually, I think his whole point in posting was to inflame people and hopefully draw some people to visit his site - they probably make money on a "per hit" basis, which means that the more people who show up there, even just to criticize, the more jing they make. Make him irrelevant and he'll go away. Visit the site and he'll keep coming back to post more antagonizing drivel.
    My point was not to inflame people it was simply to express my opinion on this subject and to point out the Irony of the discusion, And now this holier than thou attitude is amazing instead of discussion you revert to name calling and shunning? Is this what I should always expect from members of this forum when someone disagrees?
    So tell me how is Firehouse.com adverts less irritating on a LODD forum than someone else's

As for making money per hit that is not true at all in fact I know of no way to make money for any website on a "per hit" basis my blogs and websites are supported by google ads so no money per hit only if you click on a advert

I am a retired disabled Ground Zero vet hoping to make a few dollars to support myself with my websites is that a crime too! I have found a niche and have filled a need for realtime California Fire news and have been thanked numerous times for it should I remove all ads every time I announce a death?
    Last edited by rocdad; 10-03-2007 at 02:39 PM.

55 Years & Still Rolling

Post Hold On A Minute.............

Quote Originally Posted by rocdad View Post
    My point was not to inflame people it was simply to express my opinion on this subject and to point out the Irony of the discusion, And now this holier than thou attitude is amazing instead of discussion you revert to name calling and shunning? Is this what I should always expect from members of this forum when someone disagrees?
    So tell me how is Firehouse.com adverts less irritating on a LODD forum than someone else's

As for making money per hit that is not true at all in fact I know of no way to make money for any website on a "per hit" basis my blogs and websites are supported by google ads so no money per hit only if you click on a advert

I am a retired disabled Ground Zero vet hoping to make a few dollars to support myself with my websites is that a crime too! I have found a niche and have filled a need for realtime California Fire news and have been thanked numerous times for it should I remove all ads every time I announce a death?

The problem is not the Banner or Border Advertising, but the manner in which this person placed his/her "Advertising" in a page of LoDD Announcements, Condolences, Etc. I'll tell anyone, This Website that we're holding this discussion on, is a commercial enterprise. It has Rules, Terms of Service, and other Requirements that must be adhered to by Posters. This person ignored that fact. End of Story.
    In memory of

IACOJ Budget Analyst

www.gdvfd18.com

Forum Member

Thumbs down Very unprofessional responses

I will gladly make myself available to discuss it in person, at great length, at less than spitting range.
    Make that two of us
    im in .. we can road trip it... ill drive... maybe he has some ****ball friends that share his views of how best to be a lowlife and get the wrong people ticked... they can most certainly be addressed..
    I must have totally missed that...But, I'm still game for kicking a low life POS's *****...lol .
    Ok Chief agreed it is a commercial site, And I agree the guy was posting on the wrong thread but to threaten to physically assault some poor mislead poster? With a gang of guys at that! Very unprofessional at the least and is a outright crime and can be prosecuted as such.
    Is this how you address problems in your Glen Dale department? Might is right?
    Quote Originally Posted by hwoods View Post
    This Website that we're holding this discussion on, is a commercial enterprise. It has Rules, Terms of Service, and other Requirements that must be adhered to by Posters. This person ignored that fact. End of Story.
    And you ignored the same facts when the threats started...All of you should be banned by the forum moderator for making open threats...End of story
    The whole thread sounds like self righteous school age punks whining and strutting...take it somewhere else!
    Last edited by rocdad; 10-03-2007 at 04:40 PM. Reason: title

MembersZone Subscriber

Whoever it was, wasn't just posting on the wrong thread. They were posting on the wrong site.

Do a search for "trade1" and you'll see the ad was placed in the following forums:

U.S. States
    Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Firefighters Forum
    General Forum
    Treatment and Protocols
    World of Fire Daily Report
    University of Extrication
    Apparatus Innovation

Flat out: You don't post an advertisement in the middle of a condolences thread.

Forum Member

Exclamation Probably not even a human

Quote Originally Posted by ffbam24 View Post
    Whoever it was, wasn't just posting on the wrong thread. They were posting on the wrong site.
    Do a search for "trade1" and you'll see the ad was placed in the following forums:
    Flat out: You don't post an advertisement in the middle of a condolences thread.
    My somewhat experienced guess is that all the yelling is about a robot (software) that is posting this stuff all over the net and the responsible party(Spammer) does not even know where this crap gets put let alone care and this too is against the law and has been recently enforced with some real jail time for spammers...So the carload of tough guys have nowhere to go...no body to beat up... anyhow the mods should just remove the poster from the membership...that is why you had to input the letters and numbers when you join so that machines can not just join forums but it only slows them down does not stop them all.

Administrator

There is no need to continue on in the manner below.
    Simply agree to disagree and move along.

Very unprofessional responses

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
    I will gladly make myself available to discuss it in person, at great length, at less than spitting range.

Quote:
    Make that two of us

Quote:

Quote:
    I must have totally missed that...But, I'm still game for kicking a low life POS's *****...lol .

Ok Chief agreed it is a commercial site, And I agree the guy was posting on the wrong thread but to threaten to physically assault some poor mislead poster? With a gang of guys at that! Very unprofessional at the least and is a outright crime and can be prosecuted as such.
    Is this how you address problems in your Glen Dale department? Might is right?
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hwoods
    This Website that we're holding this discussion on, is a commercial enterprise. It has Rules, Terms of Service, and other Requirements that must be adhered to by Posters. This person ignored that fact. End of Story.

And you ignored the same facts when the threats started...All of you should be banned by the forum moderator for making open threats...End of story
    The whole thread sounds like self righteous school age punks whining and strutting...take it somewhere else!

Forum Member

Default Take a Pill

Is this how you address problems in your Glen Dale department? Might is right? And you ignored the same facts when the threats started...All of you should be banned by the forum moderator for making open threats...End of story
    One might assume, by the zealous nature of your defense of the cur in question, you are - if not he himself using a second screen name, someone who finds the actions of such a weasel admirable and worthy of emulating.

At least you finally admit, after seriously failing to bring anyone to you way of thinking through your innane ravings as to this being a commercial site, the post was in the wrong place.

As for your allegation of there being an open threat of physical violence toward the "poor misled poster" in my initial post, and it being an outright crime and as such a prosecutable offense, get a grip! Even self righteous school age punks know a threat must contain the words " i am" or "I will", or imply, not infer, a violent act which I did not. Nor, did anyone else, directly. Therefore, not criminal.

To attack Chief Woods' professional integrity, when he simply states the fact that such commercialization of the forums goes counter to the purpose for which they exist is just bad form, and I apologize to him for voicing an opinion which has brought about your assault on his spotless reputation in these forums.

But, I do not apologize for expressing my opinion as to the character of anyone who would seek to dishonor the memory of our fallen brothers and to diminish the heartfelt sympathy and grief expressed in the LODD page by some jerk who thinks it's the place to post a thread to sell something. A real Brother, I dare say, would feel the same.

So, take a pill, drink a beer or whatever and take a minute. If, after that you want to go after someone on this, I'm standing right here. No reason to go after anyone else, particularly Chief Woods.

RTF

MembersZone Subscriber

My somewhat experienced guess is that all the yelling is about a robot (software) that is posting this stuff all over the net and the responsible party(Spammer) does not even know where this crap gets put let alone care...
    I agree.

This was kind of like watching two people who were both totally right.
    Yet were argueing about two different things with each other.

Forum Member

Cool Everyone just stay safe

I'm finished with this...Everyone just stay safe....Especially in R5 the season is not over..LCES

55 Years & Still Rolling

Thumbs up Weather Help?........

I'm finished with this...Everyone just stay safe....Especially in R5 the season is not over..LCES

The Weather Channel showed scenes from out west somewhere this morning, and several inches of Snow was quite noticeable. I could be wrong, but I think it was Colorado........... The National "Sit Report" only shows one Fire for Yesterday, and that was in Virginia. Best Wishes for a Safe and early end to the Season for you folks...........

Edit to add:
    I just went and looked at today's report, 4 Fires, 3 in Kentucky, (Coldfront, you there?) and one in Illinois. Total Acreage of all 4 combined 1,150 acres..... Looks like things West of the mississippi are improving.
    Last edited by hwoods; 10-04-2007 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Add Info.......
    In memory of

IACOJ Budget Analyst

www.gdvfd18.com

Forum Member

All i implied was a willingness to have a rather frank discussion about ones motives.. I take exception to those type of stunts , and was merely expressing a need to state that directly to an individual . I would prefer to be honest as opposed to running nonsence via keyboard... If i get booted it will be for the response i would like to give to the boston thread ... but i should calm down before get worked up on that issue... to close to home...

Thread Information