Thread: Looking...???

Forum Member

Default Looking...???

Hey Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knew of any fire dept.s close to them hiring. I am looking for a great dept that is hiring. I am willing to move if nesscary any where in the US. I fyou know of any where I'd love to know.

Thanks
    One firefighter....one passion. and one hell of a b!tch if you rub me the wrong way.

Ich liebe Männer in der Uniform, die eine Mädchenwelt schaukeln können

MembersZone Subscriber

Check Here:

http://www.vafirenews.com/employment/index.htm

A lot of "great departments" in VA. Just have to do your research and choose a department that will suite your needs.

Good Luck in your search.......

Permanently Removed

are you a medic?

MembersZone Subscriber

I'd recommend subscribing to a site like firecareers.com. There are TONS of jobs on there. They even have a lot of POC and volly jobs.

Permanently Removed

hey firegirl, send me some pictures, if you are hott i can give you some leads!! PS no FUPA or flat ***
    Last edited by cems1983; 10-03-2007 at 10:52 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by law189 View Post
    are you a medic?
    Finishing up my emt-b classes now
    One firefighter....one passion. and one hell of a b!tch if you rub me the wrong way.

Forum Member

I know that Ridgeland, Mississippi is taking applications for the position of Firefighter. Here's the link:

http://www.ridgelandms.org/041207FireFighterII.htm

MONEY magazine just voted Ridgeland one of the "100 Best Places to Live" in the country.

Forum Member

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by LightsAndSirens View Post
    I know that Ridgeland, Mississippi is taking applications for the position of Firefighter. Here's the link:

http://www.ridgelandms.org/041207FireFighterII.htm

MONEY magazine just voted Ridgeland one of the "100 Best Places to Live" in the country.
    Thanks.. for your help!!

Forum Member

Default Harvey IL

Harvey is testing...apps due by the 19th.. 708 333 3351

Forum Member

Milwaukee FD will be taking applications soon, watch their website milfire.org

Forum Member

Austin,TX will be taking applications shortly. This is a beautiful city and great FD. I would highly recommend checking out the AFD website. There is a link there to the application process. I believe it is all done online now. Good luck.

Forum Member

Your best bet really is to subscribe to such a resource like www.firerecruit.com and such. I used that one and it is updated often and gives a good list of depts hiring throughout the U.S. Otherwise going about looking for a job like this you will only get tidbits of information and there could be a dept close to you that you may not have a clue is hiring. While out testing in some city spending quite a lot on travel, hotel, meals, etc you could have tested for several other depts close by you.

Secondly, just because a dept is hiring, the process is long and drawn out. Meaning just because you take the written exam, you will have to travel again for the physical agility, then again for the interview, then again for possible second interview and so forth. If you don't think the pocketbook won't take a huge hit, you are only fooling yourself. Paying a little for a subscription like firerecruit or firecareer etc will save you a lot of time, money, and headaches. There were many depts in WI I got to test for because of such resources and I wouldn't have known about them had I not had it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jccrabby3084 View Post

Secondly, just because a dept is hiring, the process is long and drawn out. Meaning just because you take the written exam, you will have to travel again for the physical agility, then again for the interview, then again for possible second interview and so forth. If you don't think the pocketbook won't take a huge hit, you are only fooling yourself. Paying a little for a subscription like firerecruit or firecareer etc will save you a lot of time, money, and headaches. There were many depts in WI I got to test for because of such resources and I wouldn't have known about them had I not had it.
    I understand your point in money but, that's not a big factor for me. I did join the fire recruit website though thank you for suggesting it.

Forum Member

You could also try bookmarking the websites for the departments that interest you and you feel you might be a good fit for. Keep checking back for updates on recruitments and have your application ready to update and send.
    Vita brevis; terra larga.

Permanently Removed

Another good job site- www.firerecruit.com

And the City of Las Vegas is now hiring- http://www.lasvegasnevada.gov/Apply/jobs.htm

Thread Information