Banned

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    To some. Not me. The first rule of the fire service is life over property. I see no reason why that belief isn't used for other issues. Rings and flags can be replaced. Buildings can be rebuilt. The dead can never be brought back to life.
    So I guess you would have no problem using the "N" word would you. After all, it is only a word.

Banned

And your point is? The French's ability to resist was minimal. Your scenario is similar to what is going on Iraq. The French weren't able to confront the Germans militarily so they fought unconventionally via the French Resistance. The insurgents in Iraq are in no way capable of fighting us head on in a fight, so they are fighting us unconventionally. To use a historical comparison. If the Revolutionary War is the model, the US is the British.
    Good point, we as Americans aren't going to just roll over and let the foreigners take over our country. We have a greater will and desire to resist.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by HotTrotter View Post
    Yes but the jackass flying the flags was making a very bad statement. He was putting Mexico over America. If that is the way he feels then ship his tired butt back! Maybe you wouldn't mind if the same goof came in and took a big dump on your departments patch! The POS made a statement by doing what he did, and a fine American citizen did what the PC people don't have the guts to do. By that man who ripped down the flag a keg!!!!
    Simma-down-nah! Just trying to look at both sides. Now if someone took a crap on my company's patch question. I wouldn't really care. Not like he crapped in my boot! It's just a symbol of the dept. Not like I can't get another one for $3.50...lol If he blew up the fire dept.? I'd be hurt emotionally i'd bet. But we would rebuild. Hopefully no one would be hurt.

Only thing is that some people are taking this a little far. So he made a bad statement and put his foot in his mouth. Like we all haven't. Some of us on here are talking about this flag statement like he has planned a major invasion..lol

Now I will agree with you in saying if he has such a big problem with america and then yes he can take his tired behind back to his original country and drop his legal citizenship status!

Again just trying to see both sides.
    "Courage is the resistance to fear, the mastery of fear, not the lack of fear." Mark Twain
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." Uknown

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dickey View Post
    I totally agree!!!!

Thank you oh bearded one with the knife.
    So you and Bou believe the person whose property was taken has no rights? What ever happened to the conservative mantra that a man's home is his castle? The bearded exercised a might makes right mentality. We claim to be a nation of laws, yet you support street justice.

The bearded guy with the knife is a bully, plain and simple.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Forum Member

So I guess you would have no problem using the "N" word would you. After all, it is only a word.
    No I wouldn't use it. But feel free to come out to South LA and yell it at the top of your lungs. I wouldn't want to know what would happen to you, even if I don't approve.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs down what would you do?

Just had a guy walk in where I work and apparently some one decided to burn his American flag. Thankfully it didn't really catch well and possible burn his house down.

Now what is the real issue in your opinion?

A.) That an American Flag was burned.
    B.) That someone has a problem with lighters.
    C.) Or this person could have been hurt.

What is the real issue? Why the hell would someone be so stupid to do that?
    Hopefully they will stomp this ********* into the ground for reasons A-C. Some seriously screwed up people!
    "Courage is the resistance to fear, the mastery of fear, not the lack of fear." Mark Twain

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffscm72 View Post
    Hopefully they will stomp this ********* into the ground for reasons A-C. Some seriously screwed up people!
    Honestly, if it was his flag and his house, then he hasn't committed any crime. You can't really legislate effectively against stupid.

If was someone else's flag and house you've got a pretty good arson case or at least reckless burning...
    "Nemo Plus Voluptatis Quam Nos Habant"

The Code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyMarshal View Post
    Honestly, if it was his flag and his house, then he hasn't committed any crime. You can't really legislate effectively against stupid.
    He stated he doesn't know who did it. I don't know the whole story I'm not the officer....lol

Just the dispatcher...lol

MembersZone Subscriber

Thank you soldier. When the time comes and we the people of the U.S. have to finally take a stand to keep the soil of this great land free, I hope I can look to my side and see this man standing beside me. To me the American flag is a reminder of all the warriors that have lived and died defending our freedom. We as a country are being invaded very slowly. Anytime somebody disgraces our flag it should be a slap in the face to every American. Some say its only a piece of cloth, BULL****. Come on people quit being so naive about why people come to this great country and why other hate us so much. This is the best place on the planet to live. Don't believe me, then I ask you find someplace better, if you could. Then after you come crawling back we will talk. Again, thank you soldier.
    IACOJ - Senior Jake

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by firecat1 View Post
    We are flexible enough to accept your point of view, why will you not return the courtesy?
    Liberals expect that others bend to accept their pints of view but don't understand that in return,they have do accept other points of view as well.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by doughesson View Post
    Liberals expect that others bend to accept their pints of view but don't understand that in return,they have do accept other points of view as well.
    So am I obligated to accept other points of view when I am compared to mass murderers?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SSHANK42 View Post
    We as a country are being invaded very slowly.
    More nonsense. This was believed when the Irish, Italians, Chinese, Cubans, (fill in ethnic group) came to this country fleeing an impoverished nation.

America not only survived, it prospered. Somehow we are to believe the current influx of immigrants is different.

MembersZone Subscriber

So you think the immagrant that come to the US are coming here to be product citizens like most of the immagrants did 50 years ago.
    IACOJ - Senior Jake

Forum Member

So you think the immagrant that come to the US are coming here to be product citizens like most of the immagrants did 50 years ago.
    Absolutely. I wouldn't use 50 years as a time frame. More like a hundred years ago.

MembersZone Subscriber

scfire86, I think I know why you picked your avatar. Is it to shield you from the truth of what is going on in the US today. We are going down a path of self destruction if we do not protect ourselves.
    IACOJ - Senior Jake

Forum Member

We are going down a path of self destruction if we do not protect ourselves.
    So, if we want to keep this relevant to this thread, we should be protecting ourselves from knife wielding American veterans who break the law; vandalizing private property and stealing from other law abiding Americans? Is that correct?

I think I know why you picked your avatar.
    Do you recognize it? It's a picture of a policeman tasked with keeping order and enforcing the law.

Forum Member

scfire86, I think I know why you picked your avatar. Is it to shield you from the truth of what is going on in the US today. We are going down a path of self destruction if we do not protect ourselves.
    And what truth would that be? That your xenophobic epithets have been said about every other immigrant group during our nation's history?

Or that you might be a racist?

Banned

When someone disrespects the flag, or any symbol for that matter, they are making a statement. Just like using the "N" word. Just like using KKK, or Jena 6. It isn't that they are burning a piece of cloth, it is the statement they make when they do it. Some people are mart enough to figure that out, then we have the liberals

Forum Member

When someone disrespects the flag, or any symbol for that matter, they are making a statement. Just like using the "N" word. Just like using KKK, or Jena 6. It isn't that they are burning a piece of cloth, it is the statement they make when they do it. Some people are mart enough to figure that out, then we have the liberals
    That's all true except for your little remark at the end. As reprehesible as the acts of using the "N" word, and burning a flag may be, I'm more concerned with idiot rednecks who drag a man to death behind a pickup truck that is chosen for the sole reason of the color of his skin.

MembersZone Subscriber

And what truth would that be? That your xenophobic epithets have been said about every other immigrant group during our nation's history?

Or that you might be a racist?
    So me not having the same beliefs as so makes me a racist. Well hell that must mean you a dick.
    IACOJ - Senior Jake

Forum Member

So me not having the same beliefs as so makes me a racist. Well hell that must mean you a dick.
    I didn't say you "were." I said you "might be." Reading, it's FUNdamental.

Your comments speak for themselves. As I've pointed out earlier, I never ceased to be amazed at how quickly conservatives resort to personal attacks. It only proves your point has no merit.

Thanks for sharing.

MembersZone Subscriber

No, I read what you wrote, I just figured you were afraid to come right out and say it. Just responding to somebody that thinks I am a racist and does not no me from Adam.
    IACOJ - Senior Jake

Forum Member

No, I read what you wrote, I just figured you were afraid to come right out and say it. Just responding to somebody that thinks I am a racist and does not no me from Adam.
    Apparently you don't understand the meanings of words. And you're right on one thing. I don't "no" you from Adam. I don't even "know" you from Tom.

Forum Member

Thank you soldier. When the time comes and we the people of the U.S. have to finally take a stand to keep the soil of this great land free, I hope I can look to my side and see this man standing beside me. To me the American flag is a reminder of all the warriors that have lived and died defending our freedom. We as a country are being invaded very slowly. Anytime somebody disgraces our flag it should be a slap in the face to every American. Some say its only a piece of cloth, BULL****. Come on people quit being so naive about why people come to this great country and why other hate us so much. This is the best place on the planet to live. Don't believe me, then I ask you find someplace better, if you could. Then after you come crawling back we will talk. Again, thank you soldier.
    Hurrah soldier! That is, until he brings his knife to your house because he thinks you're not flying the flag properly. I just love people who wrap themselves in the flag while wiping their asses with the Constitution.
    No, your ranting about Mexicans as a race of people who don't want to become hard-working productive Americans simply because of who they are and where they're from makes you a racist. These people line up every chance they can get to work their asses off in the hot sun all day, just to make a better life for their families. They are some of the most honest, dedicated people I've ever known. And for you to make such a sweeping statement about them is completely ignorant and totally racist in every way.
    Hey, maybe you and "Dickey" can line Mexican women and children up and shoot them with machine guns as they come across the border.
    You guys make me sick.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleman View Post
    I just love people who wrap themselves in the flag while wiping their asses with the Constitution.
    That just needs to be repeated.

Thread Information