+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 First ... 3456
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jasper45 View Post
    Here trotter, a little bit of help for you.

and here is some more or you.

http://www.ushistory.org/betsy/flagetiq.html

Try reading the link, this time.
    TITLE 4--FLAG AND SEAL, SEAT OF GOVERNMENT, AND THE STATES

CHAPTER 1--THE FLAG

Sec. 1. Flag; stripes and stars on

The flag of the United States shall be thirteen horizontal stripes,
    alternate red and white; and the union of the flag shall be forty-eight
    stars, white in a blue field.

(July 30, 1947, ch. 389, 61 Stat. 642.)
    TITLE 4--FLAG AND SEAL, SEAT OF GOVERNMENT, AND THE STATES I couldn't find in the code where it says a bra without all of the stars is a flag. Help me out, I gave the link to the actual code and not somebodies interpretation of it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    I could care less about the rest of this debate, but this is just ridiculous. You complain because he said that you were ignorant on a certain idea, not that you yourself were ignorant. These are all posts by you made in the last 2 months. Many of these could be taken as personal attacks. I decided to give up searching after filling up one page.

If you are so much smarter, as you have tried to imply on these forums, than most others here, shouldnt you do the prudent thing when another person spewing personal crap attacks you and ignore him? All of us, myself included, have resorted to personal attacks on these forums in the past. But your incessant crying about it does nothing to stop it, considering your prior posting history.

Now back to your regularly scheduled high school debate.

You do understand that you are dealing with someone who normally lacks reason and common sense. To make up for it he tries to use Big words, and tries to make himself look more worldly and intelligent than he really is. At the same time, he puts others down. I work with a guy like him. We call him Wiki.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HotTrotter View Post
    You do understand that you are dealing with someone who normally lacks reason and common sense. To make up for it he tries to use Big words, and tries to make himself look more worldly and intelligent than he really is. At the same time, he puts others down. I work with a guy like him. We call him Wiki.
    In what way? Sorry if you believe words with more than three syllables are BIG words. Most individuals I know consider that normal conversation.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    In what way? Sorry if you believe words with more than three syllables are BIG words. Most individuals I know consider that normal conversation.
    pedantic - I'm sure you use that word all the time with your dull and obscure daily pleadings to the masses around you.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HotTrotter View Post
    pedantic - I'm sure you use that word all the time with your dull and obscure daily pleadings to the masses around you.
    We must run in different crowds. Mine don't need a dictionary. I guess your's do.
    Last edited by scfire86; 10-15-2007 at 11:00 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default It's just a flag, right?

A Marine's flag, in ashes

Thursday, October 18, 2007
    JULIE SULLIVAN The Oregonian Staff

Flags flew the May day they buried Dale Peterson. They lined the streets of Burns, where hundreds watched, hands on hearts, as his coffin passed. One flag, in particular, made it to Dale's dad.

Greg Peterson, former sheriff of Harney County, went home to Redmond and hung the flag beside his front door. And there it flew, day and night, for the toddler he carried on his back into the Blue Mountains, for the boy he taught to fish the Malheur River, for the only son he sent to Iraq.

Sunday morning, as Greg Peterson left for church, he found the flag. Someone had torn it down, drenched it in lighter fluid and burned it. Ashes and the charred wooden flagpole lay scattered. "This was personal," he thought.

He walked back inside and called police.

Flags at nine other Redmond homes had also been torched overnight. A video camera at one home captured images of the culprits. On Tuesday, police arrested four teenagers, including three 17-year-old students at Redmond High School where Dale Peterson graduated in 2005.

That night, Greg Peterson sat at a friend's desk in Coos Bay where he traveled this week to train police officers. And in an open letter he began to type:

"I want you to know what that flag meant to me . . ."

"The flag you burned had flown over the United States Capitol. It was one of my son's goals to be a United States Marine. He put a lot of effort into it and graduated top of his class as a combat engineer. He also shot as an expert and his PT (physical training) score was 290. I am very proud of my son but words cannot express the sorrow I feel from his death. Dale, like most men and women in our armed services, had the courage to put his life on the line for our country.

"I ask myself, what courage do you have, and your reason for burning our country's flag?"

Rest of story here:
    http://www.oregonlive.com/news/orego...220.xml&coll=7
    Be safe y'all!
    IACOJ Animal Control
    Ladder 8
    "Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"

Forum Member

"The teenagers are accused of arson, abuse of venerated objects, reckless burning, reckless endangering, disorderly conduct and criminal mischief, said Redmond Police Capt. Brian McNaughton . . . "

That's an interesting charge.

A disheartening story, to say the least.
    "Yeah, but as I've always said, this country has A.D.D." - Denis Leary

http://www.lettertogop.com/

Banned

Sickening and disgusting to say the least. It's the kind of fabric (pun intended) we are making these days. Now respect for anything or anyone. But hey - it's just a piece of cloth.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by quint1officer View Post

It meant quite a bit to these Marines also.
    Actually those guys were following orders to fly the flag. The real pride they probably had right than was the fact that at that point they were temporarily in a fairly safe position. The pride I have in the flag is great, but the pride I have in the fact that folks in this country are free to burn, mutilate, or disrespect the flag without fear of prosecution by the State is even greater. I fought for this country, and I fought for the freedom of citizens of another nation. Freedom in itself is a greater symbol than our beautiful flag can ever hope to be, squelching a little of that Freedom just to protect a symbol of the very freedom is wrong.

Semper Fi,
    Dennis
    Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
    -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DennisTheMenace View Post
    Freedom in itself is a greater symbol than our beautiful flag can ever hope to be, squelching a little of that Freedom just to protect a symbol of the very freedom is wrong.
    Very well put!
    "Nemo Plus Voluptatis Quam Nos Habant"

The Code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules.

Forum Member

Default One look and i was ****ed

I dont care where you come from if you live in America support America, and if you are an imigrant then Support this country then yours or get out! Fly the American Flag with Pride ... Theres a reason why we call it old Glory ... The blood that went into making it. UGH!

Forum Member

Thumbs up best post on on this OT forum...ever.

Thank you for that excellent post. I enjoyed reading it in its entirety.

Quote Originally Posted by the1141man View Post
    I thought you said you lived in CA? How can you live here yet be so ignorant of the ways in which the "right to bear arms" is just about damn near obliterated in this state?
    Wouldn't surprise me if you lived in or around San Francisco... remember, the city that said it was banning private guns anywhere within the city limits? Excepting of course the cops and criminals... but you as a law-abiding citizen, could own a gun, you just couldn't have it anywhere within the city limits, or face arrest.

Forum Member

Thumbs up thank you, thank you, thank you.

I could care less about the rest of this debate, but this is just ridiculous. You complain because he said that you were ignorant on a certain idea, not that you yourself were ignorant. These are all posts by you made in the last 2 months. Many of these could be taken as personal attacks. I decided to give up searching after filling up one page.
    (snip)
    If you are so much smarter, as you have tried to imply on these forums, than most others here, shouldnt you do the prudent thing when another person spewing personal crap attacks you and ignore him? All of us, myself included, have resorted to personal attacks on these forums in the past. But your incessant crying about it does nothing to stop it, considering your prior posting history.
    It needed to be said, just know that many of us who do not regularly post but who read the threads daily, feel the same way you do.

Thanks for speaking up.

Forum Member

a good punishment would to put the flag burners through USMC basic. Then they will know what that flag means.
    FF I
    FF II
    Hazmat Operations
    EMT-B
    ---------------------------------------------------

The light at the end of the tunnel has been temporarly shut off due to the current work load. The Mangement

When all else fails USE DUCT-TAPE!!!

My views posted in this fourm are my personal views only and do not reflect on any agencies that I am afiliated with.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMikey View Post
    a good punishment would to put the flag burners through USMC basic. Then they will know what that flag means.
    Speaking for myself. If someone did that to me, it would only make me resent the institution even more.

DM,

Hits the nail on the head.

Freedom in itself is a greater symbol than our beautiful flag can ever hope to be, squelching a little of that Freedom just to protect a symbol of the very freedom is wrong.
    Last edited by scfire86; 11-06-2007 at 12:22 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raughammer1 View Post
    Thank you for that excellent post. I enjoyed reading it in its entirety.
    Only because you don't live here. I've never had a problem buying a firearm. I own several.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMikey View Post
    Obviously you have not spent 13 weeks on Parris Island or next to the SanDiego Airport.
    Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
    -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 First ... 3456

Thread Information