Banned

Default Who says Bush is an idiot???

He isn't as dumb as he looks. Thankfully, he vetoed the most recent child health care bill. This bill did absolutely nothing but make those who supported it look good to the masses. The sad part is this bill would have only covered 0.0011% of all Americans. Wouldn't it be nice of the dopey congress could come up with soe well thought out legislation that made sense. Let's start by not giving illegal aliens any kind of money at all. No SSI, No food Stamps, No Nothing. Except for a ticket back home.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HotTrotter View Post
    He isn't as dumb as he looks. Thankfully, he vetoed the most recent child health care bill.
    This bill did absolutely nothing but make those who supported it look good to the masses. The sad part is this bill would have only covered 0.0011% of all Americans. Wouldn't it be nice of the dopey congress could come up with soe well thought out legislation that made sense. Let's start by not giving illegal aliens any kind of money at all. No SSI, No food Stamps, No Nothing. Except for a ticket back home.

This bill has broad GOP support in the Senate. Good luck on elections in 2008 on this veto. After 6 years of spending like a drunken sailor Bush finally decides to sober up at the expense of kids.

Gotta love it.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Forum Member

Let's start by not giving illegal aliens any kind of money at all. No SSI, No food Stamps, No Nothing.
    Oh geez. Now you've done it. You're gonna get the bleeding hearts going now.

My opinion.... when it comes to giving illegals handouts, my heart is bone dry. If they came legally, and worked, fell on hard times, fine. But just coming over here right of the bat bummin around, that's another story.

**Back to the scheduled thread, already in progress**
    Last edited by SapphyreBlues; 10-04-2007 at 12:59 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Personally, I think this country needs to put an abrupt halt to a major part of the hand-outs. One of our countries biggest problems is that we lost track of the idea that welfare was created to get people off of welfare. It has evolved to the situation now that our gov't has to pay for people to raise their kids.

I'm all for helping kids (if it's helping kids and not a bill with a bunch of fat and BS involved), but at some point the parents have to be forced to be accountable. Until the day comes that we do that, we (us who actually work instead of drawing a gov't check) are going to pump more and more money into supporting families in which the adults are too lazy to get a freaking job to do it themselves.

Forum Member

I'm for welfare - to an extent. I know if people need help, they need it. Anybody can fall on hard times. But to fall and stay that way for 10 years? No way. They need to beef up the system. One way to do it is to require a photo ID when making a purchase. I've heard of people that get stamps, but sell the card every month to different people. If an ID was required, that couldn't be done. Wouldn't hurt to send the case workers out on surprise visits. That way they can check to see if that person still has their card in possession. If not, cut them immediately. Also, the day they sign up for stamps, they must go to the unemployment office. Simple things like that could make a huge difference.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    This bill has broad GOP support in the Senate. Good luck on elections in 2008 on this veto. After 6 years of spending like a drunken sailor Bush finally decides to sober up at the expense of kids.

Gotta love it.
    Sure it had broad support. They are all trying to buy votes with your tax dollars. The reality of it all is that this bill did absolutely nothing. How about providing health care for everyone under the age of 21, regardless of income? Not there is a bill that will do something. The way things are going, pretty soon there won't be a middle class, it will be the rich and the poor.

Forum Member

This administration has spent billions for schools, hospitals, and houses for kids.....in Iraq.

Yet doing the same here is advocating for big government. And conservative lapdogs buy it hook, line, and sinker.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    This administration has spent billions for schools, hospitals, and houses for kids.....in Iraq.

Yet doing the same here is advocating for big government. And conservative lapdogs buy it hook, line, and sinker.
    I never said spending all of that in Iraq was a good idea either, or Bosnia, or Kosovo, or any other country for that matter. I guess one difference is in those countries all of the citizens get the benefit, not just a few.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by SapphyreBlues View Post
    I'm for welfare - to an extent. I know if people need help, they need it. Anybody can fall on hard times. But to fall and stay that way for 10 years? No way. They need to beef up the system. One way to do it is to require a photo ID when making a purchase. I've heard of people that get stamps, but sell the card every month to different people. If an ID was required, that couldn't be done. Wouldn't hurt to send the case workers out on surprise visits. That way they can check to see if that person still has their card in possession. If not, cut them immediately. Also, the day they sign up for stamps, they must go to the unemployment office. Simple things like that could make a huge difference.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm all for helping someone get back on their feet. The problem is that there are too many who don't want to get back on their feet, they want to sit on their tails and get free money.

I've got one way to save millions. Require random drug tests. You get one failed test, you get a stern warning. Second one, you get your benefits pulled. Disability is another area we could save millions. Do the above drug tests, as well as getting more stringent on finding the frauds. If you really need the benefits, you're going to do what it takes to get them.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Catch22 View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I'm all for helping someone get back on their feet. The problem is that there are too many who don't want to get back on their feet, they want to sit on their tails and get free money.

I've got one way to save millions. Require random drug tests. You get one failed test, you get a stern warning. Second one, you get your benefits pulled. Disability is another area we could save millions. Do the above drug tests, as well as getting more stringent on finding the frauds. If you really need the benefits, you're going to do what it takes to get them.
    I didn't even think about drug tests. But in my opinion, one failed drug test should result in pulled benefits. If they can buy (insert random drug here), they can buy food. But yeah, I definitely agree.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Catch22 View Post

I'm with you on that. Problem is it is demeaning to those poor unfortunate souls to have to do that. However, it is demeaning for me to give up half my paycheck so they can sit their lazy butts at home all day long. And for god's sake, stop giving benefits to "illegal" aliens. And like I said, I'm all for helping the kids, but let's do for every last one regardless of income. Why should only the lazy get he benefits? OH Yea, stop giving them money for each kid they have. Now there is an incentive - Have more kids and we pay you more money.

Forum Member

OH Yea, stop giving them money for each kid they have. Now there is an incentive - Have more kids and we pay you more money.
    I know of women that do this very thing. Matter of fact, some time ago in Michigan, some chick asked my dad if he would knock her up. She said she would give him some of the check. She already had a houseful.

And no for those that are wondering...he didn't do it

Forum Member

Default Lord, Please watch over Dick Cheney

Bush on Himself
    "Actually, I, this may sound a little West Texan to you, but I like it. When I'm talking about, when I'm talking about myself, and when he's talking about myself, all of us are talking about me."

~~~~~~~~~~
    "I am a person who recognizes the fallacy of humans."
    Oprah, Sept. 19, 2000
    ~~~~~~~~~~

"I think if you know what you believe, it makes it a lot easier to answer questions. I can't answer your question."

In response to a question about whether he wished he could take back any of his answers in the first debate. Reynoldsburg, Ohio, Oct. 4, 2000
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    "They have miscalculated me as a leader."
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    "The most important job is not to be governor, or first lady in my case."
    Concord, N.H., Jan 29, 2000
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    "Laura and I really don't realize how bright our children is sometimes until we get an objective analysis."
    Meet the Press, April 15, 2000

Bush's politics for the people
    "Who cares what you think?"
    George W. Bush, July 4, 2001 In response to a citizen who told him that he's doing a poor job.
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    "They want the federal government controlling Social Security like it's some kind of federal program."
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    "I am not part of the problem, I am a Republican."
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    "It's clearly a budget. It's got a lot of numbers in it."
    Rueters, May 5, 2000
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    "I don't think there is any correlation at all between pay of teachers and quality of education...there might even be a negative connotation."
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    "I hope to show Hispanics that Republicans do have a heart, but I also want to send a message to people from around the country as to how to pick up the Hispanic vote"
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    "I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family."
    Greater Nashua, N.H, Chamber of Commerce, Jan. 27, 2000
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    "We're going to have the best educated American people in the world."
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    "States should have the right to enact reasonable laws and restrictions particularly to end the inhumane practice of ending a life that otherwise could live."
    Cleveland, June 29, 2000
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    "The only things that I can tell you is that every case I have reviewed I have been comfortable with the innocence or guilt of the person that I've looked at. I do not believe we've put a guilty ... I mean innocent person to death in the state of Texas."
    All Things Considered, NPR, June 16, 2000
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    "The important question is, How many hands have I shaked?"

Answering a question about why he hasn't spent more time in New Hampshire, in the New York Times, Oct. 23, 1999
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    "The Senate needs to leave enough money in the proposed budget to not only reduce all marginal rates, but to eliminate the death tax, so that people who build up assets are able to transfer them from one generation to the next, regardless of a person's race."
    Washington, D.C., April 5, 2001

Bush on Space
    "For NASA, space is still a high priority."
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    "It's time for the human race to enter a solar system."
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    "Mars is essentially in the same orbit…Mars is somewhat the same distance from the Sun, which is very important. We have seen pictures where there are canals, we believe, and water. If there is water, that means there is oxygen. If oxygen, that means we can breathe."

Bush on Professionals
    "Quite frankly, teachers are the only profession that teach our children."
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    "I want you to know that farmers are not going to be secondary thoughts to a Bush administration. They will be in the forethought of our thinking."
    Salinas, Calif., Aug. 10, 2000

Bush on the environment
    "It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that is doing it."
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    "After all, ozone is not a poison or a carcinogen."
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    "Anyway, I'm so thankful, and so gracious—I'm gracious that my brother Jeb is concerned about the hemisphere as well."
    Miami, Fla., June 4, 2001
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    "Thirdly, the explorationists are willing to only move equipment during the winter, which means they'll be on ice roads, and remove the equipment as the ice begins to melt, so that the fragile tundra is protected."
    Conestoga, Pa., May 18, 2001
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    "There are some monuments where the land is so widespread, they just encompass as much as possible. And the integral part of the - the precious part, so to speak - I guess all land is precious, but the part that the people uniformly would not want to spoil, will not be despoiled. But there are parts of the monument lands where we can explore without affecting the overall environment."
    Media round table, Washington, D.C. March 13, 2001

Bush on Geography and general knowledge
    "The only thing I know about Slovakia is what I learned first-hand from your foreign minister, who came to Texas."
    To a Slovak journalist as quoted by Knight Ridder News Service, June 22, 1999. Bush's meeting was with Janez Drnovsek, the prime minister of Slovenia.
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    "Keep good relations with the Grecians."
    Quoted in the Economist, June 12, 1999
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    "I was raised in the west. The west of Texas. It's pretty close to California. In more ways than Washington, D.C., is close to California."
    In Los Angeles as quoted by the Los Angeles Times, April 8, 2000
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    "We have a firm commitment to NATO, we are a part of NATO. We have a firm commitment to Europe. We are a part of Europe."
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    "Neither in French nor in English nor in Mexican."
    Declining to answer reporters' questions at the Summit of the Americas, Quebec City, Canada, April 21, 2001

Bush's pearls of wisdom
    "Well, I think if you say you're going to do something and don't do it, that's trustworthiness."
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    "Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream."
    LaCrosse, Wis., Oct. 18, 2000
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    "We must all hear the universal call to like your neighbor like you like to be liked yourself."
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    "A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls."
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    "When I was coming up, it was a dangerous world, and you knew exactly who they were," he said. "It was us vs. them, and it was clear who them was. Today, we are not so sure who the they are, but we know they're there."
    Iowa Western Community College, Jan 21, 2000

Bush's inner thoughts and doubts
    "I would have to ask the questioner. I haven't had a chance to ask the questioners the question they've been questioning.
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    "Will the highways on the Internet become more few?"

Concord, N.H., Jan. 29, 2000
    ~~~~~~~~~
    "I'm gonna talk about the ideal world, Chris. I've read, I understand reality. If you're asking me as the president, would I understand reality, I do."
    Hardball, MSNBC; May 31, 2000

Forum Member

Execerpt from Bush's kids healthcare veto speech

"My job is a decision making job, and as a result, i make a lot of decisions."

Speaks for itself.

Link for video.

http://www.comedycentral.com/shows/t...ow/index.jhtml

3/4 way through
    Last edited by alpha4; 10-06-2007 at 09:51 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by rfdlou View Post
    "I'm gonna talk about the ideal world, Chris. I've read, I understand reality. If you're asking me as the president, would I understand reality, I do."
    Hardball, MSNBC; May 31, 2000
    What's always seemed paradoxical to me is how conservatives will blast away at the education system in our nation and then support a person who cannot speak a simple sentence correctly.

Even more puzzling it is claimed by Bush supporters that he reads 60 plus books a year. Yet his lack of speaking literacy is apparent and an embarassment.
    Last edited by scfire86; 10-06-2007 at 10:46 PM.

Forum Member

rfdlou, did you compile that? or did u get it from a website? if so can you please post the link. thanks!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by alpha4 View Post
    rfdlou, did you compile that? or did u get it from a website? if so can you please post the link. thanks!
    Here is a good place to start.

http://www.dubyaspeak.com/

Forum Member

lol thanks scfire!

Forum Member

scfire86 said......
    "After 6 years of spending like a drunken sailor Bush finally decides to sober up at the expense of kids.

This administration has spent billions for schools, hospitals, and houses for kids.....in Iraq. Yet doing the same here is advocating for big government. And conservative lapdogs buy it hook, line, and sinker.

What's always seemed paradoxical to me is how conservatives will blast away at the education system in our nation and then support a person who cannot speak a simple sentence correctly."
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    Wow....scfire....I think I've found something that you posted that I totally agree with. I couldn't have said it better myself. Strong work!

AZFF

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by AZFF25 View Post
    Wow....scfire....I think I've found something that you posted that I totally agree with. I couldn't have said it better myself. Strong work!
    AZFF
    Not strong at all. Any rational thinking person could make those posts in their sleep.

Forum Member

Bush is an ***, always been an ***, WILL ALWAYS BE AN ***! We are spending way too much money/time on those f-ing Iraqis who are so freaking lazy to do anything for themselves. If they don't want to be helped, then why help them?

BUSH SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!

Forum Member

We are spending way too much money/time on those f-ing Iraqis who are so freaking lazy to do anything for themselves. If they don't want to be helped, then why help them?
    While I agree on your views of Bush, your opinions on the Iraqis and their current plight are way off. It's not their fault they're in the position they are...it's ours. This whole "we'll stand down as they stand up" thing is a line of crap, just like every other buzzword to come out of the White House in the last six years. You think we are really going to empower the Iraqi military to stand on its own? Think again. American forces aren't being pulled out of Iraq for one reason, and one reason only: Bush and his neocon cronies never intended for them to leave...ever.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Explorer343 View Post
    Bush is an ***, always been an ***, WILL ALWAYS BE AN ***! We are spending way too much money/time on those f-ing Iraqis who are so freaking lazy to do anything for themselves. If they don't want to be helped, then why help them?

BUSH SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!
    Pretty strong language and tough talk from someone who is not old enough to vote

Forum Member

Pretty strong language and tough talk from someone who is not old enough to vote
    Too bad they weren't old enough to vote in the last election, because he/she is obviously more endowed with insight than most of the legal voters on this forum who voted for the idiot-in-chief.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleman View Post
    Too bad they weren't old enough to vote in the last election, because he/she is obviously more endowed with insight than most of the legal voters on this forum who voted for the idiot-in-chief.
    What ever you say, Bob. I normally don't get into the middle of the childish name-calling rants of you and your ilk...I consider the source and respect your opinion as much as it ticks me off, but at least you can back up your opinion with an opposing vote. I will not take it from a child who has no say in the matter and is merely going along with the side that is "popular". Call me a "conservative lapdog" or whatever clever putdown you and SC can come up with but I'm sorry but I was taught that even if I didn't agree with the man that I still respect the office and not call the President the names that I see you and others do. Sorry if being respectful and expressing disappointment in a leader in more polite means is quaint and worthy of ridicule to you...I'm sure you will call me some name or put me down in some fashion like you do anyone else who dares speak up against you.

Thread Information