View Poll Results: Do you support the "War on Terror"?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

19 76.00%
  • No

5 20.00%
  • Indifferent

1 4.00%
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default What groundswell?

The Senate passed the annual defense authorization bill by a vote of 92-3 this week. Did you hear that? The Senate passed the defense authorization bill for the new fiscal year, 92-3!

Since 2006 the Dems have controlled both the Senate and the House they have introduced +/- 56 resolutions to end the war in Iraq. Not one came close to being passed. So my question is what groundswell of public opinion are they referring to??? What mandate have the American people given to the Democrats for "change”? The Dems keep insisting that we the people elected them to end this war and yet when its time to vote for change they vote to play politics. We hear from brothers here who often make claims of a huge majority of Americans want to end this war. I happen to want to see this war end as well. But I would like to see it end in victory for the United States. If their truly was a groundswell of opposition to ending this war I believe the very first resolution to do so would have passed.

I'm curious.

Lets keep it civil.

Do you support the "war on terror"? Yes or No

Yes, no or indifferent I respect your opinion. I believe this poll would produce a more realistic result than a NYT/ CBS poll.
    Last edited by RoughRider; 10-05-2007 at 12:26 PM.
    Fortune does not change men; it unmasks them.

The grass ain't greener, the wine ain't sweeter!! Either side of the hill.

IACOJ PROUD

Banned

All one has to do is remember 9-11 to remember we need to fight terrorism

MembersZone Subscriber

All one has to do is remember 9-11 to remember we need to fight terrorism

Your wrong on that one. What about all the previous terrorist activies before 9-11?

Tehran... WTC 93, USS Cole, Embassy bombings, the cruise ship hijacking during the 80's... abu nidal...

Were they not big issues too?

Forum Member

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by JHR1985 View Post
    I guarantee you they were big issues to those families that lost loved ones to the Islamists.

Forum Member

Default Least we forget.

The largest terrorist attack on American soil in history before 9/11. 168 people were killed and over 800 others were injured. The Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by rfdlou View Post
    The largest terrorist attack on American soil in history before 9/11. 168 people were killed and over 800 others were injured. The Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building.
    You mean the one with the home-grown American terrorist? Yeah, funny how we forget about that one...

Wars occur between sovereign nations. America hasn't been at war since 1945. All the so-called "wars" since have just been bad euphemisms for distracting the populace through double-speak.
    "Nemo Plus Voluptatis Quam Nos Habant"

The Code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JHR1985 View Post
    Your wrong on that one. What about all the previous terrorist activies before 9-11?

Tehran... WTC 93, USS Cole, Embassy bombings, the cruise ship hijacking during the 80's... abu nidal...

You got me there. The list goes on. I guess it is time we stop the madness and do something about it.

An yes Oklahoma City was an awful act of terrorism as well. However, that was an isolated incident.

Forum Member

How does a nation declare war on a idea or concept? It's completely absurd, and only opens up the opportunity for abuse, merely requiring a label be applied before attacking or sanctioning other nations, or prosecuting individuals. Dangerous stuff. Bush's never-ending "war on terror" is a scam.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleman View Post
    How does a nation declare war on a idea or concept? It's completely absurd, and only opens up the opportunity for abuse, merely requiring a label be applied before attacking or sanctioning other nations, or prosecuting individuals. Dangerous stuff. Bush's never-ending "war on terror" is a scam.
    Just interjecting a non-combative comment here please. Going by the histories that I've read over the years, war has always been based on an idea or concept. That seems to be the nature of the beast, from cavemen fighting for the idea that the piece of food in a neighbors' hand should be theirs all the way to the political socio-religious wars of our time. Yes, war is absurd but then, so are a lot of people. At least when animals fight, it's beastial need rather than, like humans, beastial greed.

Thread Information