MembersZone Subscriber

Default ALDS Cleveland and New York

The Indians in 11 innings. What an incredible finish.
    BE SAFE
    Before Everything, Stop And First Evaluate

Forum Member

I'm sure the Yankees were "bugged" by the loss..
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

MembersZone Subscriber

If you're getting paid a gazillion dollars to play a game, you ought to be able to do it even if someone is peeing on your head.

The bottom line is that the Yankees have sucked offensively for the past two nights. While at the same time, the Indians (Sizemore, Sabathia, Carmona) have come up huge. Cleveland is the better team right now and they are kicking the Yankees ***.

Forum Member

***deleted by Lifeguard911 to eliminate double post***
    Last edited by Lifeguard911; 10-06-2007 at 03:30 PM.

Forum Member

I was born in Cleveland and now I live in Colorado. My dream Series is coming true when the Rockies face the Indians in the World Series! Man, will that be great!

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeWendtCFI View Post
    If you're getting paid a gazillion dollars to play a game, you ought to be able to do it even if someone is peeing on your head.

The bottom line is that the Yankees have sucked offensively for the past two nights. While at the same time, the Indians (Sizemore, Sabathia, Carmona) have come up huge. Cleveland is the better team right now and they are kicking the Yankees ***.
    As I said. They kicked the Yankees ***. Beat them in every aspect of the game. The Yankees were let down by the offense from Jeter to Posada. They ought to hang their heads in shame.

I am (was) a big A-Rod guy. But three years is too many. He needs to be shown the door, free to sign with a team where there won't be so much Octo. pressure-like the Mets.

MembersZone Subscriber

As a very long time fan of the Indians, it is great to see them move on to Boston.

The only disappointment in this series would be if Steinbrener follows through and fires Joe Torre. From my perch nearly 5,000 miles from NY, I don't think he deserves to be fired or even threatened. My only information about him is through the media and he seems to be a stand up guy.

Now it's time to take the swing out of the hands of Ortiz and Ramerez.

Go Tribe.
    BE SAFE

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by jsdobson View Post
    As a very long time fan of the Indians, it is great to see them move on to Boston.

The only disappointment in this series would be if Steinbrener follows through and fires Joe Torre. From my perch nearly 5,000 miles from NY, I don't think he deserves to be fired or even threatened. My only information about him is through the media and he seems to be a stand up guy.

Now it's time to take the swing out of the hands of Ortiz and Ramerez.

Go Tribe.
    Yopu're right Joe isn't up there swinging the bats when the "most potent offense in the league" hits .200 for the series. Pitching wasn't all that bad, but he made a huge mistake tonight going with Wang when he had Mussina out there. Defense was OK. But they won't let the manager hit. So, I think he should stay, too.

MembersZone Subscriber

As I said. They kicked the Yankees ***. Beat them in every aspect of the game. The Yankees were let down by the offense from Jeter to Posada. They ought to hang their heads in shame.

I am (was) a big A-Rod guy. But three years is too many. He needs to be shown the door, free to sign with a team where there won't be so much Octo. pressure-like the Mets.
    Pul - leeeeeeeze! Omar will pass on the best player never to win his team a Championship.

Surprised you're not busy hanging the Black Bunting on the front of your house! The Yankees blow and got beaten by a better team that played old fashioned baseball. The Tribe went 12 for 26 with 2 out and men in scoring position. The kind of game you see in the National League with situational hitting, bunting, hit & run, stealing. Where the pitchers actually have enough sack to step into the batters box. May-Rod, Fade-Rod pulled his typical disappearing act by batting just above the Mendoza line.

Spare me the ole "at least we played a few more games" nonsense. That argument is worth as much as last years NL pennant. Bubkis. Its all about the RING!

After your done hanging your black bunting slip into your Ranger jearsy and grab a fresh box of Cleanex. Go Islanders!
    Fortune does not change men; it unmasks them.

The grass ain't greener, the wine ain't sweeter!! Either side of the hill.

IACOJ PROUD

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by RoughRider View Post
    Pul - leeeeeeeze! Omar will pass on the best player never to win his team a Championship.

Surprised you're not busy hanging the Black Bunting on the front of your house! The Yankees blow and got beaten by a better team that played old fashioned baseball. The Tribe went 12 for 26 with 2 out and men in scoring position. The kind of game you see in the National League with situational hitting, bunting, hit & run, stealing. Where the pitchers actually have enough sack to step into the batters box. May-Rod, Fade-Rod pulled his typical disappearing act by batting just above the Mendoza line.

Spare me the ole "at least we played a few more games" nonsense. That argument is worth as much as last years NL pennant. Bubkis. Its all about the RING!

After your done hanging your black bunting slip into your Ranger jearsy and grab a fresh box of Cleanex. Go Islanders!

First of all, Potvin sucks.

Second of all, sports are not important enough to affect my life enough to hang bunting or to hang my head or cry over. I did not go 0-4.

Thirdly, I think if you look at my posts, I made it very clear that the Yankees had their asses kicked by the better team. I even commented how they were beaten in every aspect of the game.

Fourth, as a Yankee fan, I take no solace in playing a few extra games. I never wrote that. There is no acceptable result but to win it all. They did not do that and the consequences will follow.

Fifth, I think if you read my posts, I acknowledged that Rodriquez failed miserably and, if I were King, he would not be playing in the Bronx in April.

Sixth, while I am a huge Ranger fan, I do not own a Ranger jersey (or a Yankee jersey, or a Giant jersey).

Seventh, even an idiot Islander fan (Potvin sucks) would have a hard time arguing that the Rangers did not improve themselves with the signing of Drury and Gomez. They have likely filled in the weaknesses that were exploited last year with not having quality centers capable of feeding Jagr and Shanahan. Will they win the Cup? Not this year. But they will definitely turn some heads in the league.

Forum Member

free to sign with a team where there won't be so much Octo. pressure-like the Mets.
    Ouch, that will leave a mark.

And I'm not a Yankee fan, but I don't see a reason for Torre to go either.

Will be an interesting few weeks ahead.

signing of Drury and Gomez
    I'll be curious to see how Gomez works out.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking

Those trades worked out well last night......

IACOJ PROUD

MembersZone Subscriber

Those trades worked out well last night......
    Yeah. You're right. In fact there is an announcement on the Rangers website that due to the loss last night to the Islanders (Potvin sucks), they are suspending operations for the season. All of the players have cleaned out their lockers. The coaching staff has been fired. The uniforms have been sold.

MembersZone Subscriber

Yeah. You're right. In fact there is an announcement on the Rangers website that due to the loss last night to the Islanders (Potvin sucks), they are suspending operations for the season. All of the players have cleaned out their lockers. The coaching staff has been fired. The uniforms have been sold.

Self-fulfilling prophecy.
    Jimmy Dolan can F up a wet dream. Hopefully Sather can continue to keep him out of the kitchen.

IACOJ PROUD

Forum Member

Self-fulfilling prophecy.
    Jimmy Dolan can F up a wet dream. Hopefully Sather can continue to keep him out of the kitchen.
    Well, considering the entire Knicks fiasco as well....I think the best idea would be to simply implode MSG and start over.

P.S. Potvin sucks.
    Proud East Coast Traditionalist.

MembersZone Subscriber

P.S. Potvin sucks.
    You mean Cap? One of the best ever?

SMURF THIS!!

IACOJ PROUD

MembersZone Subscriber

Looks like the ALDS title has shifted to Rangers vs Islanders.

Ok, I'll bite.......Scott Gomez grew up playing hockey in Anchorage (I work with some of his old teammates) and even played minor league hockey for the local team during the NHL strike....

Is he fitting in with his new team? I mean is he productive on his line? It's hard to tell from the media.

Honestly, I'm not a hockey fan but I do appreciate good plays and good teamwork.

I also appreciated the opportunity to hold Lord Stanley's Cup when it came to Anchorage a few years ago compliments of Scott Gomez.
    BE SAFE

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jsdobson View Post

Ok, I'll bite.......Scott Gomez grew up playing hockey in Anchorage (I work with some of his old teammates) and even played minor league hockey for the local team during the NHL strike....

Is he fitting in with his new team? I mean is he productive on his line? It's hard to tell from the media.

Honestly, I'm not a hockey fan but I do appreciate good plays and good teamwork.

I also appreciated the opportunity to hold Lord Stanley's Cup when it came to Anchorage a few years ago compliments of Scott Gomez.

Im not as nutty about the Rangers as I am about the Yanks. I still sometimes slip and call Johnny Damon Robert Hansen (although he has finally grown on me that maybe he is a Yankee), so the fact that Gomez played and won a cup for the team I hate more than the Islanders doesnt kill me. Maybe its just because Im desperate for the Rangers to be good again.
    Proud East Coast Traditionalist.

makes good girls go bad

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    Maybe its just because Im desperate for the Rangers to be good again.
    Keep dreaming
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

the 4-1-4

I know who the Texas Rangers are, but who are these Islanders?

makes good girls go bad

Quote Originally Posted by jasper45 View Post
    I know who the Texas Rangers are, but who are these Islanders?
    They live in the Pacific. Texas is trying to expand.
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    Im not as nutty about the Rangers as I am about the Yanks. I still sometimes slip and call Johnny Damon Robert Hansen (although he has finally grown on me that maybe he is a Yankee), so the fact that Gomez played and won a cup for the team I hate more than the Islanders doesnt kill me. Maybe its just because Im desperate for the Rangers to be good again.
    Damon also won my respect. He was one of the only Yankees who showed up for the ALDS. He took the move to LF like a man and never has an unkind thing to say about anybody.

As for the Rangers, I think we have to have patience. I think that once Drury and Gomez begin to click with their new linemates, the wins will come.

Thread Information