Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 71

Thread: Dear WebTeam,

  1. #1
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Toledo/Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,316

    Default Dear WebTeam,

    Dear WebTeam,
    I am wondering what it takes for someone to be removed from the forums. There are people such as cems1983 and law189 that only come on here to bash. Funny how cems1983 only bashes in the Jr/Explorer forums where as law189 does it everywhere. It's annoying and it's childish.
    You [the WT] want us to report "Problemmatic" issues and people, right? Do the reports just go to the "bulk" folder automatically? That's what it seems like. You always seem to hold back until the issue has escilated too high and then block the wrong people (which is what happened when Alabama Explorer was here). We report the person doing the first wrong, which you seem to pretty much ignore. Then, we just get so fed up with the issue/person, we write what we want to say to the person (which may get out of line). In the end, we [the good guys] get screwed out.

    The things law189 and cems1983 have said are just out of line and a disgrace to the profession. They are part of what makes this profession look bad. I think it's time you guys do something about it.

    Thanks in advance for your cooperation.
    Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.


  2. #2
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,480

    Default

    Both temporarily banned for one week.

    Webteam..

  3. #3
    Forum Member ndvfdff33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Winterpeg Manitoba
    Posts
    2,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by webteam View Post
    Both temporarily banned for one week.

    Webteam..
    Not to stir things up here, but is one week really even worth it. After one week they can come back to they way they were before, which I'd put money on them doing. These two have proven countless times the only reason they are here is to stir stuff up. Thats just my thoughts though.
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

    Ryan

  4. #4
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Foggy California
    Posts
    968

    Default

    I recognize the posting style of that cems1983... this isn't the first time he's been around the block around here. He made reference to the AXE SLAYER or whatever, and I seem to recall a banned poster by that SN running around here some months ago....
    My opinions might coincide with someone of importance's POV... I wouldn't know, since I never bothered to ask. My policy is: "Don't ask, don't care."

    IACOJ--West Coast PITA

  5. #5
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Toledo/Pittsburgh
    Posts
    1,316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ndvfdff33 View Post
    Not to stir things up here, but is one week really even worth it. After one week they can come back to they way they were before, which I'd put money on them doing. These two have proven countless times the only reason they are here is to stir stuff up. Thats just my thoughts though.
    I can not agree with you more... but they are actually doing SOMETHING about it.

    Quote Originally Posted by the1141man View Post
    I recognize the posting style of that cems1983... this isn't the first time he's been around the block around here. He made reference to the AXE SLAYER or whatever, and I seem to recall a banned poster by that SN running around here some months ago....
    I thought AXE SLAYER looked familiar also...
    Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

  6. #6
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    N. Ridgeville, Ohio
    Posts
    811

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by webteam View Post
    Both temporarily banned for one week.

    Webteam..
    Whats to stop them or anyone else from creating a new screen name?
    Jason Brooks
    IAFF Local 2388
    IACOJ

  7. #7
    Forum Member Explorer343's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    256

    Default

    I know that it is not really my place to be responding to a topic such as this for some of my posts may have accidently stirred the pot a bit but I do have some things to mention.

    Cems1983 and law189 prove that their ignorance and obvious obsession with bashing other users and destroying threads constantly and continuously has been ridiculous and shall not be tolerated anymore. If I recall, your policy that was posted on this forum had promised permanent banishment from the forums for violations committed. Whether posted as a result of anger or just the WebTeam staff not following through, what is posted should stand true and should be followed through with. You have obviously made it clear that nonsense will not be tolerated anymore and permanent resolutions will be enacted for violations of said policies. To maintain order throughout the forums, rules need to be set and enforced. Obviously order is becoming harder to restore. RFxplr326 has already admitted to posting some things that may have been said out of utter frustration. But what else was he to do? WebTeam wouldn't act until notified by plenty of fed-up users. Users were becoming frustrated with both of their behaviors. Rules were set and punishments for violations have been posted. But, going against what was said in the warning to users, you have decided to resolve the violations committed by the pair of users mentioned above by giving them a suspension of one week. One week is not enough. Cems1983 and law189 obviously do not take the forums seriously. Both do not respond to threads in a constructive manner.

    Secondly, Explorers and Junior Firefighters alike come here to learn from the more experienced. To get positive, thorough, and honest answers from those who have had 5, 10, 20+ years of experience. We are not here to listen to such nonsense. There have been threads that require honest answers and false advice is posted to those said threads, then Explorers/Jr. FF's are becoming misguided. Hopefully they know not to follow the advice of these two.

    My advice is for WebTeam to monitor, more closely, the threads that go on in the forums. If you want to maintain order and maintain Firehouse.com forums to be an educational place for Explorers and Junior Firefighters to come, then you should definitely be patrolling these threads making sure all is appropriate and acceptable.

    I would strongly advise you to conduct a more thorough investigation into their numerous disruptive posts and to reconsider your ruling.

  8. #8
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Foggy California
    Posts
    968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Explorer343 View Post
    I know that it is not really my place to be responding to a topic such as this for some of my posts may have accidently stirred the pot a bit but I do have some things to mention.

    Cems1983 and law189 prove that their ignorance and obvious obsession with bashing other users and destroying threads constantly and continuously has been ridiculous and shall not be tolerated anymore. If I recall, your policy that was posted on this forum had promised permanent banishment from the forums for violations committed. Whether posted as a result of anger or just the WebTeam staff not following through, what is posted should stand true and should be followed through with. You have obviously made it clear that nonsense will not be tolerated anymore and permanent resolutions will be enacted for violations of said policies. To maintain order throughout the forums, rules need to be set and enforced. Obviously order is becoming harder to restore. RFxplr326 has already admitted to posting some things that may have been said out of utter frustration. But what else was he to do? WebTeam wouldn't act until notified by plenty of fed-up users. Users were becoming frustrated with both of their behaviors. Rules were set and punishments for violations have been posted. But, going against what was said in the warning to users, you have decided to resolve the violations committed by the pair of users mentioned above by giving them a suspension of one week. One week is not enough. Cems1983 and law189 obviously do not take the forums seriously. Both do not respond to threads in a constructive manner.

    Secondly, Explorers and Junior Firefighters alike come here to learn from the more experienced. To get positive, thorough, and honest answers from those who have had 5, 10, 20+ years of experience. We are not here to listen to such nonsense. There have been threads that require honest answers and false advice is posted to those said threads, then Explorers/Jr. FF's are becoming misguided. Hopefully they know not to follow the advice of these two.

    My advice is for WebTeam to monitor, more closely, the threads that go on in the forums. If you want to maintain order and maintain Firehouse.com forums to be an educational place for Explorers and Junior Firefighters to come, then you should definitely be patrolling these threads making sure all is appropriate and acceptable.

    I would strongly advise you to conduct a more thorough investigation into their numerous disruptive posts and to reconsider your ruling.
    .....ok, who are you and what'd you do with the real Explorer343???? This doesn't look like your usual work... did you get bodysnatched or something????
    My opinions might coincide with someone of importance's POV... I wouldn't know, since I never bothered to ask. My policy is: "Don't ask, don't care."

    IACOJ--West Coast PITA

  9. #9
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the1141man View Post
    .....ok, who are you and what'd you do with the real Explorer343???? This doesn't look like your usual work... did you get bodysnatched or something????
    LOL! Yeah his post seemed very intellectual

  10. #10
    Forum Member nmfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Posts
    5,738

    Default

    In my experience on other forums, I've tried the "one week suspension" thing before. I thought it would be better way to make them realize they need to shape up or they will be banned for good next time. It doesn't work. Banning should be a permanent banning and thats it. If they were that useless before, they won't be any less useless next week.

    These two idiots I suspect will be a shining example of such.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

  11. #11
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Foggy California
    Posts
    968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nmfire View Post
    In my experience on other forums, I've tried the "one week suspension" thing before. I thought it would be better way to make them realize they need to shape up or they will be banned for good next time. It doesn't work. Banning should be a permanent banning and thats it. If they were that useless before, they won't be any less useless next week.

    These two idiots I suspect will be a shining example of such.
    Well, occasionally you have respectable long-time posters who get a little too heated in their debates and need a bit of "cool-off" time, maybe 2-5 days depending. But since they're established and respected posters, you're not going to ban them permanently for a minor infraction.
    However, some guy comes in brand new, 2 posts to his name, and starts stirring crap and becoming disruptive to the boards, then give em a warning and if they continue, boot their azz.
    Punishment proportionate to the transgression.
    You don't put a shoplifting 10 yr old in prison for 5 yrs, right?
    My opinions might coincide with someone of importance's POV... I wouldn't know, since I never bothered to ask. My policy is: "Don't ask, don't care."

    IACOJ--West Coast PITA

  12. #12
    Forum Member Explorer343's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the1141man View Post
    .....ok, who are you and what'd you do with the real Explorer343???? This doesn't look like your usual work... did you get bodysnatched or something????
    I told you that I was more intellegent than I presented myself out to be. Now you know.

  13. #13
    Forum Member nmfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Posts
    5,738

    Default

    It might take more than one well typed posting to make up for the other 138... but you are on the right track anyways.
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

  14. #14
    Forum Member Explorer343's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nmfire View Post
    It might take more than one well typed posting to make up for the other 138... but you are on the right track anyways.
    Like previously said, I don't care about small things such as spelling/grammar. As long as I get my point across, then I'm happy. But sometimes the intellect can creep out at times. It's unpredictable!

  15. #15
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Foggy California
    Posts
    968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Explorer343 View Post
    Like previously said, I don't care about small things such as spelling/grammar. As long as I get my point across, then I'm happy. But sometimes the intellect can creep out at times. It's unpredictable!
    I don't think he was referencing the minor spelling errors...more like the ranting and raving when someone posted something you didn't like.
    My opinions might coincide with someone of importance's POV... I wouldn't know, since I never bothered to ask. My policy is: "Don't ask, don't care."

    IACOJ--West Coast PITA

  16. #16
    Forum Member Bones42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Pt. Beach, NJ
    Posts
    10,658

    Default

    Try the Ignore feature. They can keep posting, just no one sees it.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

  17. #17
    MembersZone Subscriber mcaldwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Panorama, British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    3,022

    Default

    Bingo Bones.

    I've only got one moron on my Ignore list, but life sure is simpler after you push it.
    Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

    IACOJ

  18. #18
    Forum Member Explorer343's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bones42 View Post
    Try the Ignore feature. They can keep posting, just no one sees it.
    Nobody sees it or you don't see it? Just wondering.

  19. #19
    Forum Member Explorer343's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    256

    Default

    It is 2:33pm on October 8, 2007 and WebTeam is currently offline. It seems that most often WebTeam is offline. Judging from the history that the WebTeam here at Firehouse.com Forums has as far as punishments is concerned and the fact that their almost never around gives me the suspicion that this latest move was one made without any investigation, without any real thought. WebTeam was pressured into making a decision, so they decided to throw out the first thing that popped into their head. They didn't conduct a thorough investigation into the past histories of both Cems and law189. They didn't follow protocol, the same protocol that they themselves designed and posted for all users to read and to abide by. So why would WebTeam post a warning if they, themselves, won't uphold and enforce it? Is it because of poor attendence? Or is it the laziness on the part of the WebTeam? I think it is about time the WebTeam steps up to the plate and uphold the regulations that was created and posted for all users to see. I assume that they expected all to abide by that seeing how they closed the thread and refused to read any more responses. In fact, there was no responses. Either no one cared to comment or the comments that were there were deleted. So why would they not want us to respond? Ah, that is truly suspicious. My theory is that they do not wish to negotiate rules that they set. What they say is final and if you do not like it, then you will have to find somewhere else to post. The stern message that was being sent was obviously nothing but another action intended to boost the ratings of the WebTeam. So since there was no negotiating the regulations of the forum, then that means that the WebTeam and the WebTeam only designed the rules. Somewhat like a dictatorship; no negotiations. But how do they expect to throw out orders when they themselves don't enforce them? Hmmm? They warned ALL users that childish behavior will result in banishment from the forums. Instead of terminating their account, they make up this "one-week suspension" just to "shut us up". Well I believe that if you make rules, especially via a stern message posted for us to read, then they should be upheld and enforced. When they are not, frustration and tension builds. People become angry that nothing is being done or what has been done in inadequate. WebTeam, you set the rules and the punishments. Enforce them. Don't wait until many angry users come and tell you. A good analogy would be cancer. You catch it early, chances are you will be fine. You wait until it has spread, it can become terminal.

  20. #20
    Forum Member Bones42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Pt. Beach, NJ
    Posts
    10,658

    Default

    WebTeam was pressured into making a decision
    By who? 1 email from you? Don't give yourself so much credit. If WebTeam acted on 1 single email from anyone about a poster, you'd probably have been gone a long time ago.

    Relax. You know their posts are junk, move on.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Dear Webteam, Please contact me
    By Ryane1 in forum Firehouse.Com Site Comments
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-14-2006, 12:34 PM
  2. Dear John...
    By martinm in forum The Off Duty Forums
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-23-2004, 01:08 AM
  3. Dear Webteam...
    By RescuHoppy7 in forum The Off Duty Forums
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-04-2004, 05:14 PM
  4. Dear Webteam,
    By baudyna in forum Firehouse.Com Site Comments
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-11-2003, 10:31 AM
  5. HEY WEBTEAM ATTN WEBTEAM
    By Engine 101 in forum Firehouse.Com Site Comments
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-06-2000, 12:28 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts