Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Explorer343 View Post
    I was just wondering if firefighters, police, and EMS mind if an Explorer pulls over to render medical aid to an accident victim(s) outside of the city/town that your dept. is located even if he/she as a medical certification? What kind of care would you give them? Could you use tools that you have to gain entrance into the car on a first responder cert. or would that be considered a "breech of duty"?

Just handy to know when I'm traveling.
    ummm well i as an emt have stoped at vehicle accidents if no fire or ems personell are their yet or if their arnt any fire trucks or cops their, and ive used my emt skills to hold c-spine. i would highlly recomend keeping your fire gear in your car. dont put it on it could come back to bite you in the B-hind. and if you think that the scene is to dangerous to not use gear then stay back away from the vehicles and coach the patients to keep their heads straight and remain calm that help is on the way. the two most recent accidents that i have come across while driving somewere was a roll over on an interstate up hear and i was the first ems person on scene an i made sure that everyone was out of the vehicle and did an assesment of the pt that was in the car, and remained with the patient till ems arrived and gave them my findings (oh dont take it personal if they do their own assesment and just kinda brush yours off) the second was a car vs person and i was the first on scene and held the head of the victims till ems arrived, little things like this is good and offer your help to load them on the back board if they dont need it thats cool too

Forum Member

E343's been banned...
    PLEASE, just let his threads die.
    Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

Forum Member

im a ff, and i only stop if there is no emergency equipment on scene, as far as explorers, i feel they should stop, as long as THEIR SAFETY COMES FIRST

Permanently Removed

Me personally, I like to carry my ALS-BLS jump bag on me while i'm off duty. You guys should see this thing. There was this guy on here that created a first responder mini-van that was totally neat. You guys should see it, i'll ask him to post some pics. But anyways I got off track. I asked him to stitch together a all-n-1 bag for when I run across a scene I can quickly jump out of my 87 cj jeep Grass rig to render aid.
    I dont know a whole lot about this stuff, but let me know if i'm wrong here, I quickly put on the leather gardener gloves, grab my zip-lick face shield and just jump on chest compressions. That pretty much how I operate, I read an AHA book that says don't check for a pulse just start pushing fast and hard on the patient's chest.
    I personally haven't seen any writing stating I can't do this. and I don't live in Vermont either.
    So how to you guys operate?
    Stay Safe!

Permanently Removed

Oh I try to get about 6 to 8 inches of compression depth on everyone one. even pediatrics. That way I can tell that there is absolutely know doubt that I keep up the intra thoracic pressure.
    The leather gloves are kind of cumbersome. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Stay Safe!

Forum Member

In any medical approach, the explorers donít have the right to give or to render some to an accident victim. Without the restricted permission of any of the emergency personnel, it wouldnít be possible. There is also a basis on the medical emergency depending from the situation.
    My tv shows hospital

Forum Member

you are about a couple years late.
    just sayin'
    Benton Fire District Four
    Ladder One
    First Due!

Caddo Parish Fire District 1
    Career Firefighter/Paramedic

When things get rough, just say:
    Acabo de perder cinco minutos de su vida.

Thread Information