Forum Member

Thumbs up Cutting/Spreading Late Model Autos!!!

Allstate has agreed to furnish several very late model autos to actually cut/spread during the Texas ExtricationFest next March. Many vendors will have their latest tools available to use. This will offer a great opportunity for those seriously interested in extrication to determine how the vehicles will in fact behave and how well a variety of tools will work.

The event is scheduled for March 14-16 at the TX Motor Speedway in Ft. Worth.

Also, TX will likely be offering some of the first ever state certification training for extrication.

If you're interested, please visit MidSounth Rescue Techmologies and click on ExtricationFest.
    Developer and Sr. Presenter, Team Xtreme
    BIG RIG RESCUE

MembersZone Subscriber

i thought texas already had a certification program for auto extrication

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterbeau View Post
    i thought texas already had a certification program for auto extrication
    At this time Texas does not have a certification for auto extrication. We have been working with the SFFMA board for about a year now to develop a program requiring certain hours and objectives. The program has been agreed on and will hopefully go into effect in Jan. 08. We are preparing now to present the program to the Commission on Fire Protection, if they pass it we will then have a State wide certification.

For those attending Extrication Fest this year all classes will be focused on meeting these hours and objectives.

The program is based on NFPA 1670, NFPA 1006 and NFPA 472.
    There will be three levels of certification: Awareness, Operations and Technician. After completing these three the rescuer can take the accreditation test and receive an accredited technicians cert. This test is a pool of 250 questions on automotive technology and extrication techniques, the computer will randomly pick 100 questions for each test.
    http://www.midsouthrescue.org
    Is it time to change our training yet ?

Forum Member

Class sounds interesting. I'm in the west coast and have attended classes with Corona Auto X, Sunnyvale Auto X, Gig Harbor Crunch Time. All of these classes were highly the best I've ever seen. I've also recieved State CE from these. Corona Auto X brings in different manufacturers with Hybrids for expert factory direct answers to all your high voltage questions.

Forum Member

Default More is being added...

Even more is being added to ExtricationFest...

The SkidCar is scheduled to be there and offer LIVE opportunities to experience skidding in a controlled environment, plus instruction on skid avoidance and management.

Also, plans are being made to offer a Difficult Airway Mgt During Extrication course. This will offer basic and advanced instruction for managing airways of those trapped.

Lee is working hard to offer one of the best learning experiences available using a variety of tools and late model vehicles.

Everyone is welcome!!!
    Developer and Sr. Presenter, Team Xtreme
    BIG RIG RESCUE

Forum Member

Default Cutting new car components

As far as I know, Genesis is the only tool on the market thatproves their ability to cut this boron steel stuff. See the video at www.genesisrescue.com. The local rep said the post cut in the video is the toughest B post in the industry, located in the new Volvo and Subaru (per State Farm Insurance). He gave me a heads up that if another manufacturer rep says they can cut it, tell them you want proof...valid point I suppose- if they can actually do it, they must have some proof, right? Let me know if anyone has proof that another brand can cut this stuff besides Genesis- I'd be curious to see since we have multiple tool brands surrounding our city.
    Keep me posted!

Thread Information