Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default Need Iron's marrynig strap!

Does anyone know where we can get a good irons marrying strap that actually works and is not a pain in the *** to stay on? We would like to get one that has a shoulder strap as well, but ours seems to less than effective and it is more of a hassle to use it. Thanks!

Follow the KISS principal.

Go to the local craft shop, and pick up some of the strips of 2" Velcro and have a seamstress (*cough* One of the guys' better half ) so each "half" together so you end up with one long strip that is double the length. Repeat so that you have two.

Have your seamstress sew a piece of webbing at whatever length is comfortable for ya'll and you now have a strap that cost less then 10$ to make yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleMan
    Why? Because we are firemen. We are decent human beings. We would be compelled by the overwhelming impulse to save an innocent child from a tragic, painful death because in the end, we are MEN.

I A C O J
    FTM-PTB

Honorary Disclaimer: While I am a manufacturer representative, I am not here to sell my product. Any advice or knowledge shared is for informational purposes only. I do not use Firehouse.Com for promotional purposes.

Forum Member

Email me directly and I can help. I can get them from both True North Gear and Evac. They both have lifetime warranties. I personally use the True North ones and they are very nice. jason@jbrescue.com
    Jason Brooks
    IAFF Local 2388
    IACOJ

Quote Originally Posted by jbrescue View Post
    Email me directly and I can help. I can get them from both True North Gear and Evac. They both have lifetime warranties. I personally use the True North ones and they are very nice. jason@jbrescue.com
    No free advertising on the forums....
    Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleMan
    Why? Because we are firemen. We are decent human beings. We would be compelled by the overwhelming impulse to save an innocent child from a tragic, painful death because in the end, we are MEN.

I A C O J
    FTM-PTB

Honorary Disclaimer: While I am a manufacturer representative, I am not here to sell my product. Any advice or knowledge shared is for informational purposes only. I do not use Firehouse.Com for promotional purposes.

We have a manufactured carrying strap, but to keep the axe and bar together, we just use a leather strap. About 3 wraps around the narrow end, make it tight, and push it down towards the wider end to make it tighter. Seems to work fine and we can get all theleather straps we want from logistics for free.

I can put a pic up if you want.
    RK
    cell #901-494-9437

Management is making sure things are done right. Leadership is doing the right thing. The fire service needs alot more leaders and a lot less managers.

"Everyone goes home" is the mantra for the pussification of the modern, American fire service.

Comments made are my own. They do not represent the official position or opinion of the Fire Department or the City for which I am employed. In fact, they are normally exactly the opposite.

MembersZone Subscriber

Ours marry together nicely and don't require any straps. Not sure why one would need this or a shoulder strap.

KISS.

FTM-PTB

Just know, I chose my own fate. I drove by the fork in the road and went straight.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingKiwi View Post
    Go put your pussy 2 1/2" lines away kiddies.

Quote Originally Posted by Explorer343

By the way KEEPBACK200FEET, you're so dramatic!

MembersZone Subscriber

We too have no issue marrying the irons with no straps. You'll of course need to start with the proper Halligan (Pro-bar) and depending on your axe, you might need to grind a little off the blade where the fork fits. Then it's just a matter of tunking them together. They'll stay so well that often you might need a slight tunk to free them. See the Vent Enter Search website for making the most of your tools. If you have the cheap knock off halligan tools? You'll need a strap, but it would be better to get the quality tools.

Forum Member

Just as FFFred and RFDAC have said why do you need some strap to carry your irons. All you need to do is get a proper set that marry properlly together and you should be able to carry both of them at the same time by just holding either the axe or haligan! In order to get them apart you just slam the butt of the axe on the floor and they will fall apart!

MembersZone Subscriber CKirk922's Avatar

Default Sticky Velcro strap

I have a 4-foot length of velcro 1-inch strap that I made from two rolls of sticky back velcro I bought at store (Maybe Target, maybe WalMart). It cost me around ten bucks and it works great for getting up a ladder (that would be a ground ladder...cuz some of us just don't have a stick to climb) leaving my hands free. I would never think of using it to support more weight than the tools, but it serves it's pupose. I got a buddy who uses tubular webbing. It makes a great tool unto itself when not wrapped around the irons.

Quote Originally Posted by firefiftyfive View Post
    Just as FFFred and RFDAC have said why do you need some strap to carry your irons. All you need to do is get a proper set that marry properlly together and you should be able to carry both of them at the same time by just holding either the axe or haligan! In order to get them apart you just slam the butt of the axe on the floor and they will fall apart!
    Cause its a toy to spend $$ on.
    We have these POS things on our Irons sets, and, granted, our halligans are cheap knock offs, but they slings suck more then Pam Anderson on her wedding night. I throw em off at the first chance I got.
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

Forum Member

Go buy a set of man hands, then you wont need the straps to hold them together.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BLSboy View Post
    Cause its a toy to spend $$ on.
    We have these POS things on our Irons sets, and, granted, our halligans are cheap knock offs, but they slings suck more then Pam Anderson on her wedding night. I throw em off at the first chance I got.
    No, BLS for some of us its not a toy but a tool. We run a 4 man engine company and our nozzleperson must get off the engine with the irons, and carry them with the nozzle to the front door. We do not have a separate truck company, and our truck company(mutual aid) is 10 minutes out.
    Our strap works pretty good, we normally drop the strap at the front door.

I see 23's point. You have one person trying to do the work of two, bringing tools and a line to the front door because of poor panpower. I'm not looking to start a "if you do more they wont hire more" discussion. Just saying I understand. . . Unless I'm wrong I think you're still allowed to call them nozzleman.

MembersZone Subscriber

Here is a strap that I found online:https://www.thefirelocker.com/displa...&categoryId=11

That being said, our department does not use straps, with a Probar you don't need one.

Stay Safe

Thread Information