Thread: moving

MembersZone Subscriber

Default moving

Help! I'm thinking about moving to Arizona because I hear fire jobs are plentiful. Can anyone offer any insight into where to go? I'm a firefighter/paramedic in Michigan with 5 years paid call experience. I'm looking to go full time now. Anything anyone can offer would be of great help!

Forum Member

Hi! I'm also from the Monroe, Michigan area!! What part of MI are you from?
    I live in the Tucson area and there are several fire departments that hire on an almost yearly basis. There is Golder Ranch, Tucson Fure, Rural/Metro, Avra Valley, Northwest Fire, Drexel Heights, Green Valley, and a few other smaller departments. I currently work for an ambulance service out here, and am working on getting on a FD.
    If you do decide to move out here, contact the State Fire Marshall's office to see about getting your certs transfered over, and then call the Arizona Dept. of Health to get reciprocity for your medic certs. I thought since I had IFSAC I'd be all set. But AZ is kinda behind the times and I had to take the written and practicals in order to get my AZ fire certs.
    You can do a google search for both agencies online.
    Also the nice thing about Tucson is you can go up to Mount Lemon when it gets too hot and in the winter it snows up there.
    If you have anymore questions, just ask and I'd be happy to help!

Nancy

MembersZone Subscriber

Nancy,
    SMALL WORLD!!! I live in Adrian, MI. VERY close to Monroe! Any information you can provide would be of great help. I am looking for a full time department. Do you know of any that will be hiring soon? Thanks! I'm also kind of wondering how different the climate is...Everyone says "it's a dry heat". How bad is it? Is there much to do there?

Forum Member

Like I said, contact the state fire marshal's office here and the dept. of health. Green Valley is testing now, and rumored to be testing again in the Spring. Rural Metro just had there testing process. Golder Ranch also may be hiring soon, though nothing is offical. Tucson Fire always has their application process in January, and the application period is only a week long.
    Lol, I don't care about what kind of heat it is, heat is heat, lol!

Forum Member

Thread Information