Forum Member

Default looking for sexy men and women in the service who want to pose for a charity calendar

The search is on for the 12 sexiest men and women in emergency services!
    Firehouse Babes.com is accepting nominations for the hottest men and women in firefighting, EMS and police work to be photographed for a calendar. We plan to sell more than 40,000 calendars as a fundraiser to benefit burn centers across the country.

What follows is a list of requirements. If you do not meet these requirements, please do not send us an entry, as it will not be considered.
    ~ You must be 21 years of age or older and must be prepared to show identification prior to signing a contract.
    ~ You must be in shape, i.e.: six pack abs or better for males, flat stomach for females. If you are overweight, this is not the project for you.
    ~ You must be attractive with good hygiene.
    ~ You must be willing to travel. Some photo shoots may require you to travel long distances. Firehouse Babes will pay your expenses.
    ~ You must be willing to have your hair styled and makeup applied by a licensed professional who will be working with Firehouse Babes.

If you meet ALL of the above requirements, please take at least two photos* of yourself - one taken from the front and one taken from the back (Females must be clad in lingerie or a bikini, males in bikini underwear or a small bathing suit. Both sexes may send nude photos) - along with your body measurements to schedule67@comcast.net no later than November 10th..

Aside from paid expenses, including but not limited to travel, food and hotel, there will be no monetary compensation for this photo shoot due to the money going to charity. You will get some copies of the calendar for yourself.

Questions can be directed to Kelly at schedule67@comcast.net.

*PHOTOS MUST BE TIME AND DATE STAMPED, AND TAKEN NO SOONER THAN TWO WEEKS PRIOR TO YOUR ENTRY. ANYONE WHO DOES NOT ADHERE TO THIS GUIDELINE WILL BE IMMEDIATELY DISQUALIFIED.

Forum Member

******=================
    ******================
    ******=================
    ******================
    =======================
    =======================
    =======================

------GOD BLESS AMERICA ! ------

MembersZone Subscriber

Here I IS!!!!

Fortune does not change men; it unmasks them.

The grass ain't greener, the wine ain't sweeter!! Either side of the hill.

IACOJ PROUD

Forum Member

Talking

hey but all firefighters are sexy,men and women!!!
    "sauver ou périr"

"courage et dévouement"

2 french mottoes in french fire service.

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool Not Spam!!!

Kelly Johnston is a firefighter/celebrity in PA and this is a legitimate fundraiser. I met her 2 years ago at a 09/11 memorial service and Red Kiights fundraiser in Ocean City, MD. She was there again this year. I remember this project being mentioned this year but didn't pay much attention, as I have 12 pack abs!!! She's OK in my book.

Disillusioned Subscriber

Just let m know when and where I need to be.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Steve Gallagher
    IACOJ BOT
    ----------------------------
    "I don't apologize for anything. When I make a mistake, I take the blame and go on from there." - Woody Hayes

IACOJ BOD

Steve.

Dude you didn't read very well, take the shirt off big guy.
    Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
    Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by kellyjohnston View Post
    The search is on for the 12 sexiest men and women in emergency services!
    Firehouse Babes.com is accepting nominations for the hottest men and women in firefighting, EMS and police work to be photographed for a calendar. We plan to sell more than 40,000 calendars as a fundraiser to benefit burn centers across the country.

What follows is a list of requirements. If you do not meet these requirements, please do not send us an entry, as it will not be considered.
    ~ You must be 21 years of age or older and must be prepared to show identification prior to signing a contract.
    ~ You must be in shape, i.e.: six pack abs or better for males, flat stomach for females. If you are overweight, this is not the project for you.
    ~ You must be attractive with good hygiene.
    ~ You must be willing to travel. Some photo shoots may require you to travel long distances. Firehouse Babes will pay your expenses.
    ~ You must be willing to have your hair styled and makeup applied by a licensed professional who will be working with Firehouse Babes.

If you meet ALL of the above requirements, please take at least two photos* of yourself - one taken from the front and one taken from the back (Females must be clad in lingerie or a bikini, males in bikini underwear or a small bathing suit. Both sexes may send nude photos) - along with your body measurements to schedule67@comcast.net no later than November 10th..

Aside from paid expenses, including but not limited to travel, food and hotel, there will be no monetary compensation for this photo shoot due to the money going to charity. You will get some copies of the calendar for yourself.

*PHOTOS MUST BE TIME AND DATE STAMPED, AND TAKEN NO SOONER THAN TWO WEEKS PRIOR TO YOUR ENTRY. ANYONE WHO DOES NOT ADHERE TO THIS GUIDELINE WILL BE IMMEDIATELY DISQUALIFIED.
    In this PC world you are discriminating against the following groups
    1-Megafuglies
    2-Fat,hairy no hopers
    3-Pedophiles
    4-Arsonists
    5-Gender disorientated
    6-Politicians
    7-Real Estate agent's
    8-Used car sales person

Care to rectify the situation?

I of course will not be entering-- 12 pictures of me staring at you all year?
    "If you thought it was hard getting into the job--wait until you have to hang the "fire gear"up and walk away!"
    Harry Lauder 1981.Me on the left!

Forum Member

Default :)

For some reason, after reading this post, I'm hearing that tune by Right Said Fred----"I'm Too Sexy"
    (........please.....someone make it stop)

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by davjohnson View Post
    Kelly Johnston is a firefighter/celebrity in PA and this is a legitimate fundraiser.
    That doesn't prevent it from being spam...
    "Nemo Plus Voluptatis Quam Nos Habant"

The Code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules.

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool

Why would it be spam??? There's nothing for sale and it's for a non-profit agency.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by davjohnson View Post
    Why would it be spam??? There's nothing for sale and it's for a non-profit agency.
    It may be as you say--BUT--and there is always a but

"If it looks like a duck,quacks like a duck,walks like a duck,has feathers like a duck-----maybe, just maybe, it might be a ~~~~?"

Personally I think it might be a swan--or a chicken that can swim?
    "If you thought it was hard getting into the job--wait until you have to hang the "fire gear"up and walk away!"

Forum Member

We plan to sell more than 40,000 calendars
    nope, nothing for sale there.

Tell me the price of a calendar and I'll send the full amount to a burn center. That way, the burn center will get all the money, not just what's left over after the calendar covers it's "costs".
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bones42 View Post
    nope, nothing for sale there.

Tell me the price of a calendar and I'll send the full amount to a burn center. That way, the burn center will get all the money, not just what's left over after the calendar covers it's "costs".
    I'm with you on that one

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tooanfrom View Post
    In this PC world you are discriminating against the following groups
    1-Megafuglies
    2-Fat,hairy no hopers
    3-Pedophiles
    4-Arsonists
    5-Gender disorientated
    6-Politicians
    7-Real Estate agent's
    8-Used car sales person

Care to rectify the situation?

I of course will not be entering-- 12 pictures of me staring at you all year?
    You forgot to add truckies to your list!
    IAFF

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by snowball View Post
    You forgot to add truckies to your list!

Sorry--by popular request Truckies

MembersZone Subscriber

You rang?.......

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool

I guess we're going to disagree on this one. I see this as an opportunity for emergency personnel to help raise money for burn centers across the nation. I would imagine when these calendars are printed and on the market, there'll be an ad just like all the other calendars out there.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by kellyjohnston View Post
    ...please take at least two photos* of yourself ...(Females must be clad in lingerie or a bikini, males in bikini underwear or a small bathing suit. Both sexes may send nude photos)
    I see this as an opportunity for someone to have a bunch of nude photos of the individuals gullible enough to fall for this.

The contact email is suspect too. Not even an ISP for the "non-profit" but a Comcast address???

Slightly suspect.....

Forum Member
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

To me this is just more of the same crap from this poster who openly advertised and sold her posters and more on this site in a different post. Perhaps if more of you would apply the same standard to her that is applied to every other person that advertises something on this site you wouldn't look like a bunch of adolescent boys. Harsh? You bet but this is so blantantly obvious special treatment because you find her attractive.

Advertising is PROHIBITED here and there are so many instances of people, usually men, being pounced upon for trying to sell things here that by allowing this it appears completely hypocritical.

Forum Member

Wink Equality? Yeah,right

Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    To me this is just more of the same crap from this poster who openly advertised and sold her posters and more on this site in a different post. Perhaps if more of you would apply the same standard to her that is applied to every other person that advertises something on this site you wouldn't look like a bunch of adolescent boys. Harsh? You bet but this is so blantantly obvious special treatment because you find her attractive.

Advertising is PROHIBITED here and there are so many instances of people, usually men, being pounced upon for trying to sell things here that by allowing this it appears completely hypocritical.
    Hold on,hold on--to allow her to do her thing is allowed.But isn't this the same sort of twisted logic in allowing non-performing groups into the job anyway? One set of rules for them because they have lady bumps--different set for others who haven't!

Forum Member

Unfortunately, I don't meet the requirements to be a model.

But I'm willing to judge for free!!!

Edit: The females, that is. I'll judge the females.
    "Yeah, but as I've always said, this country has A.D.D." - Denis Leary

http://www.lettertogop.com/

Forum Member

Default calendar and questions answered!

I have received some emails with regards to this project.
    Below is an email with my response....also there was questions raised about advertising with firehouse.com... I would like to assure people that we do. Check it out. http://directory.firehouse.com/buyer...ars/index.html

Here is one of the emails I received:

I read your recent post on www.firehouse.com and have some interest in the calendar project, even though I don't meet the qualifications to submit an entry. I would be willing to judge the photos if that opportunity exists in the future.
    Some of the people at firehouse have raised some questions which cast doubt on your real motives and the legitimacy of the project. Your posting has been cast as spam but rather than engage in the negativity of their discussion, I would rather hear from you. Further, I went to the firehouse babes website which says it is still under construction.
    Could you clarify which burn centers will benefit from your efforts??? Also, how can you assure the submitted photos will not appear on some other website???

my answer:

This project is still in it's infancy. My partner Barry and I are working many hours to try and get this going.
    I know people have made comment as to why we want scantily clad or nude photos. Reason is I have worked on other projects where the girls or guys have hidden their figures with bunker gear or clothes. This has caused a lot of extra expense that would then take away from the charity. I can adamantly guarantee that there are only a few select people that will see the pictures. We are not putting the pictures out to be judged. I would not want my pictures to show up on some web site and so I would definitely not do it to someone else.
    Also there are a lot of comments about why we have a criteria....my response is are you going to buy a calendar with just ok people or do you want to look at a calendar and be like "damn they are hot!"

Since it is still in it's infancy we have a lot of work to do. We have decided that the money will go to burn centers around the country. I am currently researching where the larger burn centers are so that someone from California is not having money sent to Philadelphia. it will instead go to one closer to them.

I can guarantee that if this goes well there will be a substantial amount of money being donated to charity. I nor my partner are looking to get rich! We are looking to do something good for the emergency services community by making donations in the name of emergency services.

I hope I have cleared some of this up. I am extremely hurt by what has been said. These people do not know me and they are automatically tearing apart what it is that they know nothing about.
    I completely respect that you have sent me an email. I only wish more people would be curious and ask versus verbally destroying a potentially amazing project.

If you have any more questions please feel free to email me. We are working on the web site. It was up on another server when we tried to move servers the other server locked all the info and would not let us transfer it. This is not a scam this is for real. I pray that we are able to put it together and get the support we desperately need.

again thank you for your email
    Kelly Johnston

Forum Member

Spam is still spam no matter how you spice it up
    ******=================
    ******================
    ******=================
    ******================
    =======================
    =======================
    =======================

------GOD BLESS AMERICA ! ------

MembersZone Subscriber

If you truly want to raise money for burn centers, organize a "fill the boot" or other fundraiser. This profession has enough stereotypes without adding another "sexy firefighter" calendar to the mix. Those of us female firefighters who bust our butts everyday don't want anything to distract from the good work we do. Sorry to sound so negative, but I've earned my spot on the "team" and don't mix business with pleasure, even for charity.
    PAJ

IACOJ Rehab Sector

Thread Information