Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default A research paper

If i was doing a research paper on a junior fire dept. what you you guys think i would want to point out or talk about?
    Last edited by jorylanken2009; 10-12-2007 at 12:14 PM.
    Jory Lanken Kamrar, Iowa
    Jr. Firefighter

Forum Member

Deff what kind of learning aspect it offers, how much and what exactlly you are their for... you start out as junior or explorer to learn what the job is all about and what the big thing with holes and weird tieth are for, or what the weird looking tool does. when i was a junior (for 2years) i learned soo much... some junior ff's that join a department dont know what their really getting into... its a stepping stone... to know if you really wanna do it fulltime or you just like doing it for something else to do and stick to the volunteer side which their is nothing wrong with... or you might not even like the fire aspect side of it and want to just do EMS or vice versa...

Quote Originally Posted by edff322 View Post
    Deff what kind of learning aspect it offers, how much and what exactlly you are their for... you start out as junior or explorer to learn what the job is all about and what the big thing with holes and weird tieth are for, or what the weird looking tool does. when i was a junior (for 2years) i learned soo much... some junior ff's that join a department dont know what their really getting into... its a stepping stone... to know if you really wanna do it fulltime or you just like doing it for something else to do and stick to the volunteer side which their is nothing wrong with... or you might not even like the fire aspect side of it and want to just do EMS or vice versa...
    I am so confused!

Talk about the discipline, respect, critical thinking skills, and emergency preparedness that it teaches young adults. Also talk about how it can give them a leg up as far as experience and certifications go if they decide to pursue this as a career. Don't talk about how cool it is to ride the BRT or "how cool it is to see fire". I promise you'll get a better grade.
    Just know, I chose my own fate. I drove by the fork in the road and went straight.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingKiwi View Post
    Go put your pussy 2 1/2" lines away kiddies.

Quote Originally Posted by Explorer343

By the way KEEPBACK200FEET, you're so dramatic!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by KEEPBACK200FEET View Post
    Talk about the discipline, respect, critical thinking skills, and emergency preparedness that it teaches young adults. Also talk about how it can give them a leg up as far as experience and certifications go if they decide to pursue this as a career. Don't talk about how cool it is to ride the BRT or "how cool it is to see fire". I promise you'll get a better grade.
    haha this is what i ment to say thanks mate, sorry when i get on here its usually after working a 11pm to 9am shift thanks for clearing it up

Thread Information