Thread: cell phone ?

Forum Member

Question cell phone ?

I just got a new Motorola Nextel cell phone Model i580 and have this question..........I have up loaded pics onto my SD card but cannot seem to save them or make them my wallpaper. My owners manual says nothing about it. I have them saved both to the phone and card.
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Forum Member

Not completely familiar with the i580, but I know with my Moto phones I have to set it to look at the SD card specifically. Open the "Multimedia Menu" where you can add/delete photos, and see if under one of the options it gives you the ability to change the storage medium (phone vs. external storage).

Try having the phone turned on and inserting the SD card. It should pop up and ask what you want to do. You should be able to view the pictures and then use the "option button" to bring up a menu and choose the feature to set as wallpaper, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleMan
    Why? Because we are firemen. We are decent human beings. We would be compelled by the overwhelming impulse to save an innocent child from a tragic, painful death because in the end, we are MEN.

I A C O J
    FTM-PTB

Honorary Disclaimer: While I am a manufacturer representative, I am not here to sell my product. Any advice or knowledge shared is for informational purposes only. I do not use Firehouse.Com for promotional purposes.

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Thumbs up Josh?........

If you can't get it working, PM me, A Nextel Engineer is the AC of the next VFD South of me, I'll enlist his help for you.......
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Forum Member

We (myself and Weruj) tried moving the pic to the phone from the SD card and then trying it, but there is no option to save it as wallpaper. We could do it with pictures taken with the phone, but not with ones loaded from a puter to the card. I was thinking it may have something to do with the size being too large......
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

MembersZone Subscriber

Well Josh; you could always take a pic of me and use that for your wallpaper
    IACOJ
    If you are willing to teach;
    I am willing to learn.

Forum Member

LOL ........dont tempt me ...........
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Forum Member

hey weruj1 don't know if it will exactly help but I found this while searching the net (http://www.howardforums.com/archive/topic/969592-1.html) maybe it can give alittle bit of insight.

MembersZone Subscriber

tempt.....tempt...
    naa naa naa naa booo booo.
    Can;t catch me!
    IACOJ
    If you are willing to teach;
    I am willing to learn.

Banned

How did we ever get along before cell phones? And now we can't even save our favorite pictures as wallpaper . At least you don't try to drive and talk on the stupid thing at the same time. How come as soon as that little gadget makes a funny sound, people flip them open and turn into the worst drivers on the highway? Is it the radiation emanating from them?

IACOJ BOD

No, it is called the Trotter effect.
    Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
    Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

Forum Member

Default I have the 580

It's a great phone but make sure you get the fix and repair insurance. It is only $3.00 a month and well worth it. They don't make replacement parts for the phone so if it breaks you are SOL. If you have the fix and repair insurance they just give you a new phone. I am on my third already.

Anyway to the pictures. You go into your media center, scroll down to the pic you want as your wallpaper, hit your menu key, then scroll down to the set as wallpaper, hit ok. If that doesn't work hit me up on my e-mail.

jesika@firehousemail.com

Any other questions let me know. I have had my phone about a year and a half and have learned a little here and there.

Stay safe. Stay low
    -Nobody Burns-

-You laugh at me because I am different. I laugh at you because you are all the same.-

*Starburst*
    WTFD 6-31

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DozerGrl View Post
    It's a great phone but make sure you get the fix and repair insurance. It is only $3.00 a month and well worth it. They don't make replacement parts for the phone so if it breaks you are SOL. If you have the fix and repair insurance they just give you a new phone. I am on my third already.
    They surely do make repair parts for them. How do you think they refurbish phones to resell?

How do you think they fix and repair your phone when you send it in? There are very few cases where they just give you a whole new phone...
    Quote Originally Posted by ThNozzleMan
    Why? Because we are firemen. We are decent human beings. We would be compelled by the overwhelming impulse to save an innocent child from a tragic, painful death because in the end, we are MEN.

I A C O J
    FTM-PTB

Honorary Disclaimer: While I am a manufacturer representative, I am not here to sell my product. Any advice or knowledge shared is for informational purposes only. I do not use Firehouse.Com for promotional purposes.

Forum Member

you need to size the photo to the size of the phone wallpaper. 176x220 pixels...you need a program called http://www.irfanview.com/ get that open the photo on your computer and resize it save it as the file name you want to appear on your phone, transfer it to the phone and then it should work. e mail me joeamento at yahoo dot com im a i580 guru!!

Forum Member

If I break my cell phone, I take it in, they order me a brand new one. Due to the fact that they are suppose to be water proof, they can not take them apart in the stores to repair them, they have to give you new one, not a refurbished one. And yes they are waterproof. Mine has been tubing with me, I had it clipped to my pocket while playing waterball, etc.
    -Nobody Burns-

-You laugh at me because I am different. I laugh at you because you are all the same.-

*Starburst*
    WTFD 6-31

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HotTrotter View Post
    At least you don't try to drive and talk on the stupid thing at the same time. How come as soon as that little gadget makes a funny sound, people flip them open and turn into the worst drivers on the highway? Is it the radiation emanating from them?
    Last time I was behind some maroon driving a Motorola phone booth,we got stopped at a light.When it went back to green,she didn't even let off her brakes but kept on yammering into her phone.
    I blew my horn just as the light went to yellow and then back to red and she stopped what she was doing and hollered"I'm on the f***ing phone,you idiot!".If I wanted to be yelled at like that,I'd of stayed married.

Thread Information