Thread: Need Help!!

Default Need Help!!

I'm studying to become a firefighter in MI and I received a letter for a paid-on-call spot with a local department. I've been lifting a lot for many years and I have a physical agility test on the 20th and written test on the 25th. What can I do to improve myself in both spots?

Forum Member

What city or town? Did they give you any pre-test instructions that might be helpful? If they use the standard agility and you've been lifting and your cardio is decent, you should have no problem. They normally give you plenty of time, don't rush and make a mistake. Just take your time and follow the instructions. As for the written, there is quite a variety of tests out there. I've seen general math and language, psychological, picture memorization, weird stuff. The best advice I can think of there is, don't overthink questions. Usually your first answer is the best. Good luck!

MembersZone Subscriber

Hard to say without seeing what the dept. has for a test, but cardio fitness is a must and so is leg strength and muscular endurance. Dragging a 2 1/2" line, even uncharged several hundred feet puts a premium on leg strength and endurance. Many places still do this as a test station. I've been a serious cyclist for years and find performing this task quite easy now!

Thread Information