Forum Member

Default E-One with Cat engines?

Do you know if E-One's custom chassis are available with Cat engines? I know there are commercial chassis with Cat but I haven't seen it in customs.

Forum Member

Default No Cats

To the best of my knowledge E-One does not offer Cat Engines in their Custom Chassis. Cat really struggled with the 2007 Emmissions Requirements and went a different way with their design in comparison to the remainder ofthe Industry. That delay combined with the the higher CAT Engine Costs was enough to remove them from the E-One Product Offering (for now).

Hope this helps. . .
    GB

Forum Member

From the E-One website...
    August 24, 2001 (Ocala, Florida) -- Working in close collaboration with Caterpillar Inc.'s dealer in North Central Florida, Ring Power Corporation (headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida), Emergency One (E-One) has successfully integrated the Caterpillar C-12 engine into their popular Cyclone IIŽ fire truck cab/chassis. Introduced in 1995, E-One's Cyclone IIŽ has become one of its most popular cab/chassis models offered to the global fire service. The popularity of the chassis has continued to grow over the past year as the Cyclone IIŽ exceeded the ECE R-29 test standard for crashworthiness. With a cab built from extruded aluminum and 3/16" outer aluminum plate, the Cyclone IIŽ chassis is utilized for pumper, tanker, rescue, and aerial applications for municipal and industrial customers. Since the Caterpillar C-12 diesel engine was introduced, it has provided the lasting performance and durability of a heavyweight engine in a lightweight, fuel-efficient package. With a single piece, deep-skirted design, the cylinder block of the C-12 is made from 32,000 psi minimum strength cast iron. The cylinder head is a one-piece, stress relieved, gray-iron casting with four valves per cylinder. Robust intake and exhaust valves are equal in size to those found in larger displacement engines, aiding air flow and providing excellent reliability. The piston is a two-piece articulated design consisting of a forged steel crown for maximum strength and a cast aluminum skirt to reduce weight. The aluminum skirt runs cooler than conventional pistons, allowing a closer fit to the cylinder liner and providing longer life. The C-12 Electronic Control Module (ECM) performs as the brain of the engine's control system, responding quickly and precisely with each of its integrated systems. Currently, E-One has a demonstrator Cyclone IIŽ pumper touring the United States with a Caterpillar C-12 455 hp engine and an Allison HD4060P automatic transmission. With generous compartment space for equipment, the truck also has a 1000 gallon polypropylene water tank (with ground ladder storage through the tank), a Hale 1500 gpm water pump, and a 5.5 kW hydraulic generator. Emergency One, Inc. is a subsidiary of Federal Signal Corporation, a publicly held company traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: FSS). Headquartered in Ocala, Florida, USA, Emergency One, Inc. is a leading ISO 9001 certified manufacturer of fire fighting and rescue vehicles with over 23,000 units in service worldwide.
    I think that means yes.

http://www.e-one.com/index.asp?n=22&p=3&s=22&x=12
    ______________________________ __________________
    If you are new to posting please CLICK HERE for an essential lesson
    ______________________________ __________________
    A bad day in the boat is better than a good day in the office. And in my case the office is a boat!

IACOJ Fire Boat 1

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Fire304 View Post
    From the E-One website...

I think that means yes.

http://www.e-one.com/index.asp?n=22&p=3&s=22&x=12
    Not to stir the pot, but that press release was dated 2001...

http://ohe.cat.com/cda/layout?m=85322&x=7

For 2007, the only Cat motors available for fire service/on highway applications are the C7, C9, and C13.
    "Share your knowledge - it's a way to achieve immortality." - Stolen from Chase Sargent's Buddy to Boss program

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by tatancillo View Post
    Do you know if E-One's custom chassis are available with Cat engines?
    Cummins and Detroit only on the Typhoon, Cyclone II and Quest models.
    I have only 2 allegiances, to my country and to my God. The rest of you are fair game.

Thread Information