Forum Member

Default Apology To Firehouse.com

I just have a few things to say regarding my week long suspension from the forums.

First off, any of my opinions do not reflect the opinions of my department. I am not writing on behalf of my department, I am writing on behalf of myself and myself only.

While I was away, I had some time to reflect on some extreme comments I may have posted while "surfing" through the Off Duty forums. I want to apologize for the way it was written but not the point I was trying to get across. I will stand firm in my opinions about President Bush. I will not respect him for the sole reason that he is the President. I respect good Presidents. By good I mean those who make decisions for the best interest of our country and not of himself. The way I may have worded the comments may have been too extreme.

I want to address a second point. After the word got out that I was suspended from the forums I feel like users have negative thoughts against me - and that's fine - but I want to assure you all that my work here on the forums by no means whatsoever reflects my field work. Here, there is no emergency. There is no victim trapped on the 30th floor of the World Trade Center and there is no person who fell into cardiac arrest. If those things were to occur on my watch, I would do whatever I could possibly do (within my limits) to save that person. But there is nothing to be so serious about. I am lax and loose, not lazy (big difference). Lazy is when a person just doesn't want to do much of anything. Lax and loose is when you do what you can but nothing "over-the-top". I am not going to go back and look for spelling errors and grammatical mistakes. This isn't an English essay. This is just a place to chat and learn. Plus, I have a strong devotion to America and a strong opposition against our President. He has made many poor choices have left a mark on our country. But I won't get too deep into that.

There is another situation that I want to address. The WebTeam was obviously frustrated with my arguing but I did have a reason. I will not ever apologize for arguing when there is a reason behind it. WebTeam assured us that users who expressed such immaturity and foolishness which was exhibited by cems and law was not going to be tolerated. I just wanted to point out some holes in their system. It may seem like more than it really is because I am the only one to question the authority of the WebTeam. I looked at the facts that were out there and felt that such a punishment was too lax. The comments are obviously not the result of not knowing what goes on here at the forums. It is merely the result of immaturity and a poor attempt at trying to be humorous. But apparently WebTeam felt differently. I had a reason behind my arguing, so therefore I will not apologize for that.

Once again, I want to send out my sincere apology to all who may have been offended by my comments and will assure you that I will do my best to prevent such strong language and continuous arguing from occuring again.

Explorer343

Permanently Removed

I always felt it takes a better person to stand up and apologize. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Explorer343 View Post
    I am lax and loose
    Fiber should take care of that!

Forum Member

Um, thanks for manning up but if you want respect and acceptance you have to earn it. It isn't just here on firehouse, it's also like that in the real world. No one expects you to go back on what you said. To do so would be cowardly. However, if you can't hold an intellectual discussion around here without blowing up and saying things like you said, then we don't want you around. Otherwise, welcome back.
    Just know, I chose my own fate. I drove by the fork in the road and went straight.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingKiwi View Post
    Go put your pussy 2 1/2" lines away kiddies.

Quote Originally Posted by Explorer343

By the way KEEPBACK200FEET, you're so dramatic!

Forum Member

I have a feeling we will be seeing this shortly...
    Quote Originally Posted by Webteam

Thread closed. Please talk about the topics and not the forums.
    Just know, I chose my own fate. I drove by the fork in the road and went straight.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingKiwi View Post
    Go put your pussy 2 1/2" lines away kiddies.

Quote Originally Posted by Explorer343

By the way KEEPBACK200FEET, you're so dramatic!

MembersZone Subscriber

I just have a few things to say regarding my week long suspension from the forums.

First off, any of my opinions do not reflect the opinions of my department. I am not writing on behalf of my department, I am writing on behalf of myself and myself only.

While I was away, I had some time to reflect on some extreme comments I may have posted while "surfing" through the Off Duty forums. I want to apologize for the way it was written but not the point I was trying to get across. I will stand firm in my opinions about President Bush. I will not respect him for the sole reason that he is the President. I respect good Presidents. By good I mean those who make decisions for the best interest of our country and not of himself. The way I may have worded the comments may have been too extreme.

I want to address a second point. After the word got out that I was suspended from the forums I feel like users have negative thoughts against me - and that's fine - but I want to assure you all that my work here on the forums by no means whatsoever reflects my field work. Here, there is no emergency. There is no victim trapped on the 30th floor of the World Trade Center and there is no person who fell into cardiac arrest. If those things were to occur on my watch, I would do whatever I could possibly do (within my limits) to save that person. But there is nothing to be so serious about. I am lax and loose, not lazy (big difference). Lazy is when a person just doesn't want to do much of anything. Lax and loose is when you do what you can but nothing "over-the-top". I am not going to go back and look for spelling errors and grammatical mistakes. This isn't an English essay. This is just a place to chat and learn. Plus, I have a strong devotion to America and a strong opposition against our President. He has made many poor choices have left a mark on our country. But I won't get too deep into that.

There is another situation that I want to address. The WebTeam was obviously frustrated with my arguing but I did have a reason. I will not ever apologize for arguing when there is a reason behind it. WebTeam assured us that users who expressed such immaturity and foolishness which was exhibited by cems and law was not going to be tolerated. I just wanted to point out some holes in their system. It may seem like more than it really is because I am the only one to question the authority of the WebTeam. I looked at the facts that were out there and felt that such a punishment was too lax. The comments are obviously not the result of not knowing what goes on here at the forums. It is merely the result of immaturity and a poor attempt at trying to be humorous. But apparently WebTeam felt differently. I had a reason behind my arguing, so therefore I will not apologize for that.

Once again, I want to send out my sincere apology to all who may have been offended by my comments and will assure you that I will do my best to prevent such strong language and continuous arguing from occuring again.

Explorer343

As Bou said it takes a better person to stand up and admit his/her mistakes/errors. It will take a bigger person to remember this and not do it again. This will be one of your many learnig experiences in life, not just here on the forums.

Welcome back..

T.J.

MembersZone Subscriber

I guess I missed your postings. But, you have been alive to for what maybe 3different Presidential terms? 4 at the most? And maybe old enough to really understand one of them? I think you need to "grow up" a little in your political beliefs before stating your somewhat "trendy" position on the President.
    I do admire you for standing up and apologizing though. That takes a lot!
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

IACOJ

"Criticism is prejudice made plausible."
    - H. L. Mencken (1880-1956)

Forum Member

Explorer343
    You know, it's a much more effective apology if you just say you're sorry without continuing to spout the stuff that ticked off folks in the first place...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CALFFBOU View Post
    I always felt it takes a better person to stand up and apologize. Thank you.
    Amen to that Bou.
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by WaterbryVTfire View Post
    I guess I missed your postings. But, you have been alive to for what maybe 3different Presidential terms? 4 at the most? And maybe old enough to really understand one of them? I think you need to "grow up" a little in your political beliefs before stating your somewhat "trendy" position on the President.
    I do admire you for standing up and apologizing though. That takes a lot!
    Funny thing about that. I find a lot of people start out as very liberal and over time they become conservative. But that could be a function of the area. I know in my own personal case I was once very liberal, but as time went on and I matured I leaned more towards the conservative side. Although I still hold some liberal views as very important as well.

Forum Member

Explorer343

It does take a bigger man to apologise than not say anything and be a ***** hole.
    (Not saying anyone here is.)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by KEEPBACK200FEET View Post
    Um, thanks for manning up but if you want respect and acceptance you have to earn it. It isn't just here on firehouse, it's also like that in the real world. No one expects you to go back on what you said. To do so would be cowardly. However, if you can't hold an intellectual discussion around here without blowing up and saying things like you said, then we don't want you around. Otherwise, welcome back.
    -Good advice KEEPBACK200FEET, Mike you should take his advice. When the guys on the dept. start to talk to you and treat you like you belong here, they respect you. It's the same way in explorers.

I give testament to Mike, I've known him since he started as an explorer like I am. He is actually eager to learn, while some explorers and maybe some firefighters just do it and aren't eager. He might be outspoken, but he's apologized and learned (hopefully) from his actions
    Last edited by Motorhead90; 10-16-2007 at 09:52 PM.

Permanently Removed

Quote Originally Posted by KnightnPBIArmor View Post
    You know, it's a much more effective apology if you just say you're sorry without continuing to spout the stuff that ticked off folks in the first place...
    I have to back that as well....Bou

Truckie

You where gone?
    My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
    "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    George Mason
    Co-author of the Second Amendment
    during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
    Elevator Rescue Information

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by KEEPBACK200FEET View Post
    I totally agree.

I also totally agree with this.
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
    ------------------------------------

Thread Information