1. #1
    Forum Member
    Explorer343's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    256

    Default Apology To Firehouse.com

    I just have a few things to say regarding my week long suspension from the forums.

    First off, any of my opinions do not reflect the opinions of my department. I am not writing on behalf of my department, I am writing on behalf of myself and myself only.

    While I was away, I had some time to reflect on some extreme comments I may have posted while "surfing" through the Off Duty forums. I want to apologize for the way it was written but not the point I was trying to get across. I will stand firm in my opinions about President Bush. I will not respect him for the sole reason that he is the President. I respect good Presidents. By good I mean those who make decisions for the best interest of our country and not of himself. The way I may have worded the comments may have been too extreme.

    I want to address a second point. After the word got out that I was suspended from the forums I feel like users have negative thoughts against me - and that's fine - but I want to assure you all that my work here on the forums by no means whatsoever reflects my field work. Here, there is no emergency. There is no victim trapped on the 30th floor of the World Trade Center and there is no person who fell into cardiac arrest. If those things were to occur on my watch, I would do whatever I could possibly do (within my limits) to save that person. But there is nothing to be so serious about. I am lax and loose, not lazy (big difference). Lazy is when a person just doesn't want to do much of anything. Lax and loose is when you do what you can but nothing "over-the-top". I am not going to go back and look for spelling errors and grammatical mistakes. This isn't an English essay. This is just a place to chat and learn. Plus, I have a strong devotion to America and a strong opposition against our President. He has made many poor choices have left a mark on our country. But I won't get too deep into that.

    There is another situation that I want to address. The WebTeam was obviously frustrated with my arguing but I did have a reason. I will not ever apologize for arguing when there is a reason behind it. WebTeam assured us that users who expressed such immaturity and foolishness which was exhibited by cems and law was not going to be tolerated. I just wanted to point out some holes in their system. It may seem like more than it really is because I am the only one to question the authority of the WebTeam. I looked at the facts that were out there and felt that such a punishment was too lax. The comments are obviously not the result of not knowing what goes on here at the forums. It is merely the result of immaturity and a poor attempt at trying to be humorous. But apparently WebTeam felt differently. I had a reason behind my arguing, so therefore I will not apologize for that.

    Once again, I want to send out my sincere apology to all who may have been offended by my comments and will assure you that I will do my best to prevent such strong language and continuous arguing from occuring again.

    Explorer343

  2. #2
    Permanently Removed
    CALFFBOU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    6,520

    Default

    I always felt it takes a better person to stand up and apologize. Thank you.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Explorer343 View Post
    I am lax and loose
    Fiber should take care of that!

  4. #4
    Forum Member
    KEEPBACK200FEET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    East Carolina University
    Posts
    1,176

    Default

    Um, thanks for manning up but if you want respect and acceptance you have to earn it. It isn't just here on firehouse, it's also like that in the real world. No one expects you to go back on what you said. To do so would be cowardly. However, if you can't hold an intellectual discussion around here without blowing up and saying things like you said, then we don't want you around. Otherwise, welcome back.
    Just know, I chose my own fate. I drove by the fork in the road and went straight.

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingKiwi View Post
    Go put your pussy 2 1/2" lines away kiddies.

    Quote Originally Posted by Explorer343

    By the way KEEPBACK200FEET, you're so dramatic!

  5. #5
    Forum Member
    KEEPBACK200FEET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    East Carolina University
    Posts
    1,176

    Default

    I have a feeling we will be seeing this shortly...
    Quote Originally Posted by Webteam


    Thread closed. Please talk about the topics and not the forums.
    Just know, I chose my own fate. I drove by the fork in the road and went straight.

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingKiwi View Post
    Go put your pussy 2 1/2" lines away kiddies.

    Quote Originally Posted by Explorer343

    By the way KEEPBACK200FEET, you're so dramatic!

  6. #6
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    492

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Explorer343 View Post
    I just have a few things to say regarding my week long suspension from the forums.

    First off, any of my opinions do not reflect the opinions of my department. I am not writing on behalf of my department, I am writing on behalf of myself and myself only.

    While I was away, I had some time to reflect on some extreme comments I may have posted while "surfing" through the Off Duty forums. I want to apologize for the way it was written but not the point I was trying to get across. I will stand firm in my opinions about President Bush. I will not respect him for the sole reason that he is the President. I respect good Presidents. By good I mean those who make decisions for the best interest of our country and not of himself. The way I may have worded the comments may have been too extreme.

    I want to address a second point. After the word got out that I was suspended from the forums I feel like users have negative thoughts against me - and that's fine - but I want to assure you all that my work here on the forums by no means whatsoever reflects my field work. Here, there is no emergency. There is no victim trapped on the 30th floor of the World Trade Center and there is no person who fell into cardiac arrest. If those things were to occur on my watch, I would do whatever I could possibly do (within my limits) to save that person. But there is nothing to be so serious about. I am lax and loose, not lazy (big difference). Lazy is when a person just doesn't want to do much of anything. Lax and loose is when you do what you can but nothing "over-the-top". I am not going to go back and look for spelling errors and grammatical mistakes. This isn't an English essay. This is just a place to chat and learn. Plus, I have a strong devotion to America and a strong opposition against our President. He has made many poor choices have left a mark on our country. But I won't get too deep into that.

    There is another situation that I want to address. The WebTeam was obviously frustrated with my arguing but I did have a reason. I will not ever apologize for arguing when there is a reason behind it. WebTeam assured us that users who expressed such immaturity and foolishness which was exhibited by cems and law was not going to be tolerated. I just wanted to point out some holes in their system. It may seem like more than it really is because I am the only one to question the authority of the WebTeam. I looked at the facts that were out there and felt that such a punishment was too lax. The comments are obviously not the result of not knowing what goes on here at the forums. It is merely the result of immaturity and a poor attempt at trying to be humorous. But apparently WebTeam felt differently. I had a reason behind my arguing, so therefore I will not apologize for that.

    Once again, I want to send out my sincere apology to all who may have been offended by my comments and will assure you that I will do my best to prevent such strong language and continuous arguing from occuring again.

    Explorer343

    As Bou said it takes a better person to stand up and admit his/her mistakes/errors. It will take a bigger person to remember this and not do it again. This will be one of your many learnig experiences in life, not just here on the forums.

    Welcome back..

    T.J.

  7. #7
    MembersZone Subscriber
    WaterbryVTfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    547

    Default

    I guess I missed your postings. But, you have been alive to for what maybe 3different Presidential terms? 4 at the most? And maybe old enough to really understand one of them? I think you need to "grow up" a little in your political beliefs before stating your somewhat "trendy" position on the President.
    I do admire you for standing up and apologizing though. That takes a lot!
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."
    ********

    IACOJ

    ********

    "Criticism is prejudice made plausible."
    - H. L. Mencken (1880-1956)

  8. #8
    Forum Member
    KnightnPBIArmor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Beautiful downtown Hortense, GA
    Posts
    745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Explorer343 View Post
    I just have a few things to say regarding my week long suspension from the forums.

    First off, any of my opinions do not reflect the opinions of my department. I am not writing on behalf of my department, I am writing on behalf of myself and myself only.

    While I was away, I had some time to reflect on some extreme comments I may have posted while "surfing" through the Off Duty forums. I want to apologize for the way it was written but not the point I was trying to get across. I will stand firm in my opinions about President Bush. I will not respect him for the sole reason that he is the President. I respect good Presidents. By good I mean those who make decisions for the best interest of our country and not of himself. The way I may have worded the comments may have been too extreme.

    I want to address a second point. After the word got out that I was suspended from the forums I feel like users have negative thoughts against me - and that's fine - but I want to assure you all that my work here on the forums by no means whatsoever reflects my field work. Here, there is no emergency. There is no victim trapped on the 30th floor of the World Trade Center and there is no person who fell into cardiac arrest. If those things were to occur on my watch, I would do whatever I could possibly do (within my limits) to save that person. But there is nothing to be so serious about. I am lax and loose, not lazy (big difference). Lazy is when a person just doesn't want to do much of anything. Lax and loose is when you do what you can but nothing "over-the-top". I am not going to go back and look for spelling errors and grammatical mistakes. This isn't an English essay. This is just a place to chat and learn. Plus, I have a strong devotion to America and a strong opposition against our President. He has made many poor choices have left a mark on our country. But I won't get too deep into that.
    There is another situation that I want to address. The WebTeam was obviously frustrated with my arguing but I did have a reason. I will not ever apologize for arguing when there is a reason behind it. WebTeam assured us that users who expressed such immaturity and foolishness which was exhibited by cems and law was not going to be tolerated. I just wanted to point out some holes in their system. It may seem like more than it really is because I am the only one to question the authority of the WebTeam. I looked at the facts that were out there and felt that such a punishment was too lax. The comments are obviously not the result of not knowing what goes on here at the forums. It is merely the result of immaturity and a poor attempt at trying to be humorous. But apparently WebTeam felt differently. I had a reason behind my arguing, so therefore I will not apologize for that.

    Once again, I want to send out my sincere apology to all who may have been offended by my comments and will assure you that I will do my best to prevent such strong language and continuous arguing from occuring again.

    Explorer343
    You know, it's a much more effective apology if you just say you're sorry without continuing to spout the stuff that ticked off folks in the first place...

  9. #9
    Forum Member
    ndvfdff33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Winterpeg Manitoba
    Posts
    2,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CALFFBOU View Post
    I always felt it takes a better person to stand up and apologize. Thank you.
    Amen to that Bou.
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

    Ryan

  10. #10
    Banned

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    In my house
    Posts
    2,332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WaterbryVTfire View Post
    I guess I missed your postings. But, you have been alive to for what maybe 3different Presidential terms? 4 at the most? And maybe old enough to really understand one of them? I think you need to "grow up" a little in your political beliefs before stating your somewhat "trendy" position on the President.
    I do admire you for standing up and apologizing though. That takes a lot!
    Funny thing about that. I find a lot of people start out as very liberal and over time they become conservative. But that could be a function of the area. I know in my own personal case I was once very liberal, but as time went on and I matured I leaned more towards the conservative side. Although I still hold some liberal views as very important as well.

  11. #11
    Forum Member
    afrexplorer1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Asheville NC
    Posts
    210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Explorer343 View Post
    I just have a few things to say regarding my week long suspension from the forums.

    First off, any of my opinions do not reflect the opinions of my department. I am not writing on behalf of my department, I am writing on behalf of myself and myself only.

    While I was away, I had some time to reflect on some extreme comments I may have posted while "surfing" through the Off Duty forums. I want to apologize for the way it was written but not the point I was trying to get across. I will stand firm in my opinions about President Bush. I will not respect him for the sole reason that he is the President. I respect good Presidents. By good I mean those who make decisions for the best interest of our country and not of himself. The way I may have worded the comments may have been too extreme.

    I want to address a second point. After the word got out that I was suspended from the forums I feel like users have negative thoughts against me - and that's fine - but I want to assure you all that my work here on the forums by no means whatsoever reflects my field work. Here, there is no emergency. There is no victim trapped on the 30th floor of the World Trade Center and there is no person who fell into cardiac arrest. If those things were to occur on my watch, I would do whatever I could possibly do (within my limits) to save that person. But there is nothing to be so serious about. I am lax and loose, not lazy (big difference). Lazy is when a person just doesn't want to do much of anything. Lax and loose is when you do what you can but nothing "over-the-top". I am not going to go back and look for spelling errors and grammatical mistakes. This isn't an English essay. This is just a place to chat and learn. Plus, I have a strong devotion to America and a strong opposition against our President. He has made many poor choices have left a mark on our country. But I won't get too deep into that.

    There is another situation that I want to address. The WebTeam was obviously frustrated with my arguing but I did have a reason. I will not ever apologize for arguing when there is a reason behind it. WebTeam assured us that users who expressed such immaturity and foolishness which was exhibited by cems and law was not going to be tolerated. I just wanted to point out some holes in their system. It may seem like more than it really is because I am the only one to question the authority of the WebTeam. I looked at the facts that were out there and felt that such a punishment was too lax. The comments are obviously not the result of not knowing what goes on here at the forums. It is merely the result of immaturity and a poor attempt at trying to be humorous. But apparently WebTeam felt differently. I had a reason behind my arguing, so therefore I will not apologize for that.

    Once again, I want to send out my sincere apology to all who may have been offended by my comments and will assure you that I will do my best to prevent such strong language and continuous arguing from occuring again.

    Explorer343

    It does take a bigger man to apologise than not say anything and be a ***** hole.
    (Not saying anyone here is.)

    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

  12. #12
    Forum Member
    Motorhead90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    No. Central Ma.
    Posts
    103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KEEPBACK200FEET View Post
    Um, thanks for manning up but if you want respect and acceptance you have to earn it. It isn't just here on firehouse, it's also like that in the real world. No one expects you to go back on what you said. To do so would be cowardly. However, if you can't hold an intellectual discussion around here without blowing up and saying things like you said, then we don't want you around. Otherwise, welcome back.
    -Good advice KEEPBACK200FEET, Mike you should take his advice. When the guys on the dept. start to talk to you and treat you like you belong here, they respect you. It's the same way in explorers.

    I give testament to Mike, I've known him since he started as an explorer like I am. He is actually eager to learn, while some explorers and maybe some firefighters just do it and aren't eager. He might be outspoken, but he's apologized and learned (hopefully) from his actions
    Last edited by Motorhead90; 10-16-2007 at 09:52 PM.

  13. #13
    Permanently Removed
    CALFFBOU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    6,520

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KnightnPBIArmor View Post
    You know, it's a much more effective apology if you just say you're sorry without continuing to spout the stuff that ticked off folks in the first place...
    I have to back that as well....Bou

  14. #14
    Truckie
    SPFDRum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 1999
    Location
    St Paul, MN
    Posts
    2,516

    Default

    You where gone?
    My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
    "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    George Mason
    Co-author of the Second Amendment
    during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
    Elevator Rescue Information

  15. #15
    Forum Member
    backsteprescue123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KEEPBACK200FEET View Post
    Um, thanks for manning up but if you want respect and acceptance you have to earn it. It isn't just here on firehouse, it's also like that in the real world. No one expects you to go back on what you said. To do so would be cowardly. However, if you can't hold an intellectual discussion around here without blowing up and saying things like you said, then we don't want you around. Otherwise, welcome back.
    I totally agree.

    You know, it's a much more effective apology if you just say you're sorry without continuing to spout the stuff that ticked off folks in the first place...
    I also totally agree with this.
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
    ------------------------------------

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Firehouse.Com Visitors..Take Note! :)
    By webteam in forum Meet and Greet
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-09-2001, 07:05 PM
  2. New Front Page of Firehouse.com
    By webteam in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-09-2001, 07:02 PM
  3. Firehouse.Com Expo 2000 Promotions!
    By webteam in forum Meet and Greet
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-26-2000, 01:35 AM
  4. Firehouse.Com Launches!
    By webteam in forum New Web Site Announcements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-25-1998, 05:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register