Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Re: Dear WebTeam 2

Dear WebTeam,
    I have some concerns that I want to bring to your attention. User FFmedicGump has been frequently bashing others here at the forums and now is complaining about the "lack of respect" that us "youngsters" apparently express. Obviously he is here for nothing more than to stir the pot and cause disruption throughout the forums.

FFmedicGump has trolled the forums here (for some reason or another) and has given the complete opposite of advice. He constantly talks about random nonsense and now is actually whining to you about the way we are? He is obviously not too serious in his request considering the numerous times he's stirred the pot. This looks like nothing more than stirring the pot...again. If you look on "Dear WebTeam 2", jacklrd has given examples of why his request should not be taken seriously.

One more thing I want to say is that when I addressed problems to WebTeam in a mature and respectful manner, I was suspended for a week. I did not demand. I did not use profane language. I simply addressed some things that I have been noticing. I believe rules and regs should be followed especially if they are posted publicly on a forum. Of course, the final decision is left to you but all I was doing is urging you to review your decision. Not demanding or ordering you to do anything. So, with all due respect and to be completely honest, if you can suspend me for one week for what I did, then he should be either suspended or permanetly (spelling?) banished from the forums. I do not want to seem demanding or disrespectful, I just feel that if I could get suspended for addressing problems and respectfully urging you to review your decision, then he should recieve a punishment of the same nature considering the content of the posts and the amount of nonsense posts he has made over the course of his brief time here.

Thanks,
    Explorer343
    FDNY | 343 | NEVER FORGET

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool

I wish you all could learn to play nice or ignore those who offend you. None of you have to throw gas on the fire and engage in the flame wars. The response, or lack of, says a lot about one's character.

....just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by davjohnson View Post
    I wish you all could learn to play nice or ignore those who offend you. None of you have to throw gas on the fire and engage in the flame wars. The response, or lack of, says a lot about one's character.

....just a thought.
    Yeah, or send the Dear Webteam "emails" directly to the Webteam!
    Vita brevis; terra larga.

Quote Originally Posted by davjohnson View Post

....just a thought.
    Their nonsense comments are just a waste of space and do not need to be put on the forums. FFmedicGump had posted "Dear WebTeam 2" which was basically a complaint about how Explorers have such a lack of respect and demand things from the WebTeam. He was the one causing the most disruption around here and now he's the one complaining about us? He is just stirring the pot...again and just trying to **** people off...again.

By the way, if you don't like reading the "Dear WebTeam" posts, then why don't you take your own advice and ignore them???

I have an idea!

Lets talk about firefighting, exploring and how to better our posts instead of "bob is being an a**" It would be much more beneficial to everyone. Just leave him alone and he will go away.

Administrator

Default Thread

Be the better man and be mature. Ignore the person and use the appropriate methods for reporting a problem.
    Don't turn the forums into a personal crying board.

Webteam..

Quote Originally Posted by webteam View Post
    Be the better man and be mature. Ignore the person and use the appropriate methods for reporting a problem.
    Don't turn the forums into a personal crying board.

Webteam..
    What's so immature here? We are just bringing something to your attention and making it public so that people can stop in and give input.

By the way, I was suspended for bringing up some of my views in an appropriate manner. So if I can be suspended for that, then how come there is no punishment for FFmedicGump? Just asking...

Administrator

By ignoring such an individual, you give him or her nothing to feed on, nothing to continue with in an effort to post childish banter back and forth. When this type of person fnds he has no one to carry on with, he simply falls away. In FFmedicGump's case, he has made one post. Others of you have 'moderated' him by subsequent posts and for a moment the thread was dead. You'll notice that we did not reply in public; what is the point? Why, as some post on here, "feed the troll"? Likewise, others have attempted to 'moderate' you in this thread with encouragment to let it go, report it properly and just ignore it. Making it "public" does very little other than creating a vitrual gang war, if you will. Users begin to pull in any bit of information they can cut and paste to accuse or defend one another. This is part of the reason why we are reluctant to allow users to moderate the forums. If it were left to many of you, we would most likely see a clique war with a large number of users banned for any minor infraction. Additionally, if we have to start banning strictly on a "he said this..." basis, then many, many, many of you will end up being banned in the end.

Finally, we are well aware of why you were banned. We suggest you review the Forum Guidelines as well as the Terms of Service aggrement, again.

Well I took your suggestion and read the forum guidelines and guess what I found....

Now I will drop it.

Originally Posted by webteam
    DO NOT POST if you cannot answer a question or ask a question in a constructive manner.
    This is the thread that I was constantly referring to. You see how you strongly expressed your frustration with unruly users??? Well....

Originally Posted by webteam
    THIS IS THE LAST TIME WE BRING THIS UP BEFORE USERS ARE WHOLESALE REMOVED.

ATTACKING OTHER USERS, FOR *****ANY***** REASON WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. ADULTS AND KIDS ALIKE: GROW UP.

If ANY user personally attacks another user from this point forward, regardless of what 'he or she said', you will be removed PERMANENTLY.

If you have a problem with a user, report them. If you don't like what they say, ignore them. If you don't agree with their opinion, post yours.

BUT IF ANY CASE A USER ATTACKS ANOTHER USER, you will be REMOVED PERMANENTLY regardless of the circumstances.

There is not enough time in the day to monitor the extremely childish behavior that has taken place here in the last few days. It will stop now, or some users will need to find a new place to post.

There is no reason to reply to this post, or start a new thread discussing it, it will only be deleted. Just move back to discussing TOPICS not EACH OTHER.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR COOPERATION
    WebTeam
    Last edited by Explorer343; 10-17-2007 at 07:12 PM.

I know I shouldn't reply to this but........

hey WT. I think the problem is that there is the appearance that some rules are enforced on some people. As someone who has reported rude people (and probably done things equally bad that have warranted time outs), it often seems like the rules apply for some people, and not others. or rather, people do follow the rules, report bad posters, and nothing happens.

Sometimes a thread dies. Something a thread gets closed. But in many situations, the offending post isn't removed, nor is the poster suspended.

Further, there are many times when a poster posts something inappropriate, fighting, or just doesn't add anything to a discussion. you say to report it, but it doesn't make th post go away. you say don't fight back or get into an argument, but many people don't see the WT as taking an active role in keeping the trouble makers out.

Maybe trying to use some moderators would help alleviate the problems. let them edit posts if necessary or even temporarily suspend a user until you can review what was said. If someone abuses their position, remove them. if not, then they are doing a good job, and it lets you guys focus on doing all the other things that you do.

Sometimes forum members do take it up on themselves to remind users to behave (yes, I have received one such PM), and other times a public tounge lashing ensues. I think people just want to know that the webteam is taking an active role is removing posts that don't benefit anyone, and don't want to have the image of a phantom webteam that does exist but really doesn't make these boards any better.
    If my basic HazMat training has taught me nothing else, it's that if you see a glowing green monkey running away from something, follow that monkey!

FF/EMT/DBP

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool

I agree with DrParasite.
    Last edited by davjohnson; 10-17-2007 at 08:52 PM.

Forum Member

If the webteam removed all posts that didnt benefit anyone, we would lose about 70% of our reading content
    Just another one of the 99%ers looking up.

Quote Originally Posted by DrParasite View Post
    I know I shouldn't reply to this but........

hey WT. I think the problem is that there is the appearance that some rules are enforced on some people. As someone who has reported rude people (and probably done things equally bad that have warranted time outs), it often seems like the rules apply for some people, and not others. or rather, people do follow the rules, report bad posters, and nothing happens.

Sometimes a thread dies. Something a thread gets closed. But in many situations, the offending post isn't removed, nor is the poster suspended.

Further, there are many times when a poster posts something inappropriate, fighting, or just doesn't add anything to a discussion. you say to report it, but it doesn't make th post go away. you say don't fight back or get into an argument, but many people don't see the WT as taking an active role in keeping the trouble makers out.

Maybe trying to use some moderators would help alleviate the problems. let them edit posts if necessary or even temporarily suspend a user until you can review what was said. If someone abuses their position, remove them. if not, then they are doing a good job, and it lets you guys focus on doing all the other things that you do.

Sometimes forum members do take it up on themselves to remind users to behave (yes, I have received one such PM), and other times a public tounge lashing ensues. I think people just want to know that the webteam is taking an active role is removing posts that don't benefit anyone, and don't want to have the image of a phantom webteam that does exist but really doesn't make these boards any better.
    FINALLY!!!!!!!! Someone who agrees!

Permanently Removed

No One Agrees With You!!!

Thread Information