Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default USAF Fire Statistics

Hi all,
    I was just curious if the USAF bases come out with a list of yearly statistics to compare with the other bases. Does anyone have any opinions on the busier "fire active" bases even though I understand that actual fires can be few and far between. Also does anyone have any opinions on either RAF Lackenheath or Mildenhall? Thanks for anyone's help, greatly appreciated.

Andrew

Forum Member

if I remember right, my A/C said the stations had 3,000 calls in FY 06, but dont quote me...
    Nellis AFB

Forum Member

Do any other bases have any statistics or any information at all on how many mutual aid or brush/wildland fires any of the bases see stateside or conus.
    I've heard that Ramstein, Eglin, and Nellis are busy, just looking for some input.
    Thanks for any help.

MembersZone Subscriber

Remember your A/C likes to make up a lot of stories and false truths too!

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Andyboyfire View Post
    Do any other bases have any statistics or any information at all on how many mutual aid or brush/wildland fires any of the bases see stateside or conus.
    I've heard that Ramstein, Eglin, and Nellis are busy, just looking for some input.
    Thanks for any help.
    it the airforce, of course we have statistics... couldn't tell you where to find them though

Forum Member

Does anyone know if there is a central office where they keep all the statistics of the bases or are the bases individual?

Quote Originally Posted by xxxshiftxxx View Post
    if I remember right, my A/C said the stations had 3,000 calls in FY 06, but dont quote me...
    Nellis AFB
    Is Nellis AFB contracted out or is it still AirForce firefighters.

MembersZone Subscriber

For Air Force response stats, look to AFCESA at Tyndall. They keep all the runs through ACESFD as well as NIFRS.

Regarding Ramstein, yes it is a busy base (8 stations with a possible 9th coming on line soon). Majority of runs are automatic alarms. I can't say anything regarding the others as I was not there and have not heard their stats.

Regarding responses, most Fire Chief's have adopted the policy to make a run report each time the apparatus rolls out of the station (automatic / trouble alarm, service call, inspection, emergency, etc.) They have does this for one reason; to justify the need for newer apparatus. By showing that the current apparatus responds to more calls then before and receives a greater amount of wear and tear, the need for a newer piece of apparatus is easier to justify. That's why we're seeing the STRYKER coming on-line to replace the P-19 and the T-3000 replacing the P-23. Yes the P-23 has had another safety warning issued stating not to drive it over a particular speed.

Thread Information