Forum Member

Default Video of New Britain's Mayor

Have you seen or heard about the video featuring New Britain's Mayor on YouTube?

It was a call between him and dispatch during a period of flooding. You can hear him call citizens not-so-nice terms and also call firemen @#$holes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pd4nGcq97CM

Forum Member

So what's the point? This was a quasi-private call. If someone wants to make it public soley on the grounds that they can I can only assume that they have an ax to grind.

If someone told an irate citizen to call me at 3:00am for something that has nothing to do with me I'd call them an *********, too.

FWIW, I had dinner with Tim a couple of weeks ago. If he lived in my town, I'd vote for him as Mayor in a heartbeat. He tells it like it is and that's a refreshing change for a politician, IMHO.
    Last edited by DeputyMarshal; 10-22-2007 at 10:18 AM. Reason: typo
    "Nemo Plus Voluptatis Quam Nos Habant"

The Code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by PapaGanoush View Post
    Have you seen or heard about the video featuring New Britain's Mayor on YouTube?

It was a call between him and dispatch during a period of flooding. You can hear him call citizens not-so-nice terms and also call firemen @#$holes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pd4nGcq97CM

Sounds like a typical guy woken up at 3:00 am by an angry person, but he has to remember that all dispatch calls are recorded. Not to mention, in an event like this, where is his Emergency Operation Center, public relations coordinator, etc.

Regardeless, my suggestion for the next time: Call in on the back line.
    Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

IACOJ Agitator

From stories I have heard, I can't say I was shocked.
    IACOJ Agitator
    Fightin' Da Man Since '78!

I respectfully disagree with those of you who are making the mayor out to be the victim. First the fact that he doesn't know whats going on in his city regardless of the time is shameful. He is the CEO for the town the buck stops with him, if a citizen is not getting the service they "think" they deserve he should want to know about it immediatly. As far as being awoken at 3am..boo whoo...i am sure all of us on the job have been awoken at 3 am for things we might not consider our job, yet we treat the citizen with respect and do what we can or at least steer them in the right direction. And lastly on a more personal note this zero of a mayor is what we call a "telephone" tough guy with the "I am gonna kill this on and strangle that one"...typical bully I am sure he knows where the firehouses are and more than one guy would volunteer to meet him out back.

Thread Information