Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default Westmoreland County

Anyone a dispatcher for this center? In Cattaraugus County, NY, we can hear you clear as a whistle as well as many of your stations and apparatus. Just wondering if you can hear us as well.

Edit** I just noticed the date of the OP.

I live next to Westmoreland County, PA. But I can't imagine you hearing them. So I guess there are more than one Westmoreland Counties, ha.
    Last edited by ncoliva1200; 12-06-2007 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Time
    “The garbage man doesn’t get excited when he turns the corner and sees trash. You shouldn’t get excited either; you should be expecting fire on every run.” - FDNY Lt. Andrew Fredericks

MembersZone Subscriber

No no, it is Westmoreland county PA. Along with Indiana, Somerset, and Cambria. You guys dispatch on 33.70 and then assign your tac channels and thats usually the last we hear of it. I have nothing important to post in regards to this, just wondering if anyone down there can hear skip from our county or if its blocked out with your radio system.

Also, between all four counties, its annoying

No kidding? That's odd. I'm originally from Lawrence County PA. I moved down to Indiana PA for college a few months ago. I'm in the process of getting on board with Station 100 out of Indiana County and starting my APCO training for Indiana County 911 next month. I'll keep my ears open once I get settled in over here. Haha, I bet it's annoying. Sorry haha.
    “The garbage man doesn’t get excited when he turns the corner and sees trash. You shouldn’t get excited either; you should be expecting fire on every run.” - FDNY Lt. Andrew Fredericks

MembersZone Subscriber

Default We can hear you

I am a former dispatcher for Indiana County 911. On a regular basis I could here Salamanca EMS and some other of your depts being dispatched. On a clear night we could here Mongomery County, PA, a county I think was in Ohio, and we even picked up some transmissions in Spanish. Gotta love low band radio!

Quote Originally Posted by nolderpkp View Post
    I am a former dispatcher for Indiana County 911. On a regular basis I could here Salamanca EMS and some other of your depts being dispatched. On a clear night we could here Mongomery County, PA, a county I think was in Ohio, and we even picked up some transmissions in Spanish. Gotta love low band radio!
    Former Indiana 911? How is it over there? Can you give me some info if possible? I was gonna take the APCO course at the Indiana Fire Academy, what does it cover? Thanks

MembersZone Subscriber

The APCO class is about as easy as they come. The harder tests will come after you get hired. Working for IC 911 was great but it is not a place to work if you want to make money or are looking for fast career advancement. Are you currently on with IFA? I was in Co. 1 for 5 years.

I have the interview for IFA next month when I get back to IUP next month for Spring semester. I just wanted to get into IC911 part time while I spent the next 4 years in Indiana. I figure it would be a nice part time job to have and look nice on the resume. What's the hourly wage there?

Thread Information