Thread: Job Messages

MembersZone Subscriber

Exclamation Job Messages

Hi All,

I've noticed that it is much harder to locate hiring depts since Projo.com switched its online job search to YahooJobs. Before the ads would be in the paper for a couple days but up for a couple of weeks online. Since the switch, some ads are in the paper for a couple days and may not ever appear online. If they do, its only for a matter of days. I can forsee a lot of people missing chances because of this switch. For example, N. Kingstown is hiring but its not online and it was only in the paper over the weekend. I know everyone loves to hear that "not that many people even applied to _____ dept." when a dept is hiring but I think it would serve us all well if we posted here when something opens up. Lets face it, there are a limited number of people who check this page and I'm honestly not worried about the number of applicants anyway.... We wont get the job if we dont know its open.

How did you all do on the PPA this weekend? I was sick last year and posted a 4:18 which sucks but I did it in 3:13 this year which I'm happy about.

MembersZone Subscriber

Ok, I guess we'll keep it a secret lol.

Forum Member

*shrug*

If people want the jobs that bad, they'll pony up for the sunday paper. Can't wait for the announcement to be duct taped to your forehead by the department.

Forum Member

Thumbs up sounds good to me

i'll be sure to post any i see

Forum Member

Fire Medic

Town of Lincoln

The Town of Lincoln is currently seeking candidates to establish an eligibility list for the position of Fire Medic. All previous applicants must reapply. Benefits include a starting salary for probationary Fire Medic of $36, 971 annually, Blue Cross Blue Shield Health Mate Coast to Coast family plan, Delta Dental, Level IV, State Pension participation, Life insurance (20,000), and Eleven paid holidays.

Applicants must meet the following requirements:

High School Diploma or equivalency
    Must have a current Rhode Island EMT-Cardiac License
    Must possess a valid driverís license
    Must pass a written exam, and provide a current copy of their Firefighters Physical Performance Test
    Must possess knowledge of IFSTA, Essentials of Fire Fighting Level I
    Must agree to a criminal background check
    Must serve a one-(1) year probationary period
    Applicants MUST submit a copy of their birth certificate, driverís license, EMT-C license and a copy of their H. S., college degree or equivalency certification at the time applications are submitted. Completed applications must be returned to the Lincoln Personnel Department, 100 Old River Road, Lincoln, RI., by 12:00 p.m. Friday, November 2, 2007 EOE/AA

this is where you can get the application..

http://www.lincolnri.org/documents/p...pplication.pdf

Forum Member

FIRE FIGHTER City of Pawtucket Merit System Application period from Monday, October 29, 2007, at 8:30 a.m., to Tuesday, November 13, 2007, at 3:00 p.m. The following documentation must be submitted at time of filing application. DOCUMENTATION REQUIRED Photocopy of GED/High School Diploma Photocopy of current RI EMT License (or proof of enrollment in RI EMT Class or EMT Course Completion) Photocopy of certificate for Firefighters Physical Performance (Issued by RI Fire Association of Fire Chiefs -Issued after April 2007) Photocopy of valid driver's license Certified copy of criminal background check (obtained from Dept. Attorney General of the state in which you reside.) Certified copy of your driving record (Obtained from Operator Control Office-Registry of Motor Vehicles of the state in which you reside) Minimum 18 years old and must be a US Citizen The City of Pawtucket offers a comprehensive benefit package including Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Healthmate Coast to Coast and Delta Dental. Applications can be obtained on line at www.pawtucketri.com /personnel/firerecruitment Or in Person at netWORKri 175 Main Street, Pawtucket RI Applications must be returned in person to netWORKri An EOE and ADA. ''Minorities and Women are encouraged to apply''

MembersZone Subscriber

Nice, I saw those myself. EMT161 be sure to look in the paper and not call any you see here haha j/p

Forum Member

ah if you check it out you'll see hes extremely negative, glad i dont work with him

MembersZone Subscriber

Tons of guys approach getting on like that. I just figure if I do what I need to I'll get on and it will have nothing to do with whom ever else may be applying so I've always tried to be open and helpful. I cant tell you how many times I clued a guy in on a dept he didnt know was hiring. Hopefully that karma will come back around ha. Thanks for posting those steeda

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FirefighterRI View Post
    Nice, I saw those myself. EMT161 be sure to look in the paper and not call any you see here haha j/p
    They were both in the paper, numbnuts.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steeda83 View Post
    ah if you check it out you'll see hes extremely negative, glad i dont work with him
    Reality hurts sometimes.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by emt161 View Post
    They were both in the paper, numbnuts.
    case in point

MembersZone Subscriber

Yea he seems like a great guy.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default anyone hear of any tests coming up?

anything???

Thread Information