MembersZone Subscriber

Smile Quick info on becoming a fire fighter

ok i have been wanting to change careers for a while now, and still plan on doing it in the future here. My goal is Va Beach, I just took the recruitment written test last month well i did not make it, my buddy did, there was 2 parts 2 it basically a personality test and then the entry level test from FPSI fire and police section book. well on the fpsi section ( entry level firefighters test) I know i missed 9 out of 80 , due to the rest i got right were bang bang right of my head, i knew them, ones i thought i had wrong i wrote down and checked after the test, well my buddy he knows he missed 13, so i'm thinking it was more on the personality side of the test, any thoughts???

Anyway I am working on my paramedic associates degree and my fire science degree, do you think that will help me get in somewhere???

Thanks

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by amandaandtommy View Post
    ok i have been wanting to change careers for a while now, and still plan on doing it in the future here. My goal is Va Beach, I just took the recruitment written test last month well i did not make it, my buddy did, there was 2 parts 2 it basically a personality test and then the entry level test from FPSI fire and police section book. well on the fpsi section ( entry level firefighters test) I know i missed 9 out of 80 , due to the rest i got right were bang bang right of my head, i knew them, ones i thought i had wrong i wrote down and checked after the test, well my buddy he knows he missed 13, so i'm thinking it was more on the personality side of the test, any thoughts???

Anyway I am working on my paramedic associates degree and my fire science degree, do you think that will help me get in somewhere???

Thanks

Well study harder and take all the tests that you can find. Don't just do the Beach, but take others too. There are other department giving new hire testing. The more you take the better you will test.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

MembersZone Subscriber

and how about the degree which one first, i been told by alot of diifferent FF to get paramedic degree..

Thread Information