Default Mobile, Alabama Medic Hiring

The Mobile, Alabama Fire Rescue Department is currently in the process of hiring 30 or so Medics. The pay range is 41,000-60,800. The MFRD runs ALS only direct to ER. Once the staffing is full, one will get plenty of engine/truck time if he wishes. There are plenty of promotional opps if one wishes to be promoted. This year alone, there were 40 drivers, 45 Captains, and 8 Bat Chiefs promoted. Who had the most promotions? MEDICS

Mobile is on the beautiful Gulf Coast with nearby sandy beaches of Gulf Shores and beautiful weather. Living in the south is cheaper than most places around the county.

The benefits are:

Educational Incentive Pay:
    5% Associates
    10% Bachelor's
    15% Masters

Tuition Assistance:
    City pays 50% of any degree plan

Health Plan:
    BC/BS at $88 per month family coverage

Retirement Plan:
    20 year retirement with max 75% of base pay at age 55

Holidays and vacations:
    up to 5 weeks per year
    10 sick days per year
    5 personal days off (holidays) per year

Other:
    All uniforms
    $90 month foood allowance
    Plenty of overtime
    Deferred Comp program

MembersZone Subscriber

I just have a few questions. Do recruits get paid while going through the academy? If a recruit already has a firefighter 1 certificate is it accepted? Is there state disability?

You do get paid while in training which is 16 weeks. Everyone goes through recruit school regardless. While in school, you get FF I & II, you also get get Fire Inspector and Haz-Mat Tech.

MembersZone Subscriber

do apllicants for the position of firefighter recieve the same benefits and vacation day and other things of that sort that you listed for medics.

Also, during the application process should I have a problem because of my motor vehicle record because I recieved a careless driving ticket which was dropped down to unsafe driving which is 0 points on my license, a failure to keep right ticket which was dismissed by the prosecuter, and a tinted window ticket. I recieved all three tickets at the same time, I got them almost 2 years a ago, they were the only tickets I have recieved and I have not recieved any tickets since. I am just wondering if these tickets should cause any problems for me.

MembersZone Subscriber

any links?? eh i'll find'em

MembersZone Subscriber

Also, do you know when the written test, cpat, interviews and all of the testing is planned for and when academy classes are planned for?

MembersZone Subscriber

Is there any information out about how many applicants there were for the positions of firefighter and firemedic compared to how many positions are open. Also, do candidates recieve list numbers after the written exam or the CPAT

Thread Information