Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fire/EMS jobs?

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Fire/EMS jobs?

Hi, I'm a firemedic in Florida. Would like to relocate to NC, TN, SC, northern GA areas, would like a better place and scholls to raise my son. Enjoy different seasons, leaf changes, cooler weather, cheaper rates(taxes, insurance, etc) ACLS, PALS, BTLS, FF2, Pump operator, paramedic/EMT cert. Step up Lieutenant. If anyone has any insight on any jobs in the area, I would apreciate it.

Forum Member

Very few fire departments in NC run firefighter/ paramedic... a few down east near the coast.... Most any ambulance service is hiring even if they are not openly advertising.... Do some research, figure out if you like some place in NC... we have alot to offer... Mountains with some snow in winter, Beaches... live centrally and either one is about 3 hours away... Do you like larger cities or more rural area... a service with a larger call volume or a smaller volume... You probably could find something to you liking in North Carolina... I know the larger city fire departments at times can be difficult to get on.... You may want to do like alot of our paramedics do... work in EMS and "play"/ volley in the fire department. Good luck to you in what every you choose.

Forum Member

Default Fire/EMS

Just about everybody on my shift is Fire/Medic. We do both fire/rescue. If you're interested you can apply in Greenville,NC. Just go to www.greenvillenc.gov (i know we are hiring 10+) I'm not sure when the close off date is but if you miss it, we plan on hiring more in the future.

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by rmh0510 View Post
    Just about everybody on my shift is Fire/Medic. We do both fire/rescue. If you're interested you can apply in Greenville,NC. Just go to www.greenvillenc.gov (i know we are hiring 10+) I'm not sure when the close off date is but if you miss it, we plan on hiring more in the future.
    Do you know when the next hiring phase will be? Do they give peference to medics? I have MI FFI/II and EMT-P along with 4 yrs P.O.C. I am from MI and want to move somewhere alittle warmer. What is the growth expectancy in the area stations, new hires, and retiries. Thanks for any input.

Thread Information