Thread: Fire/EMS jobs?

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Fire/EMS jobs?

Hi, I'm a firemedic in Florida. Would like to relocate to NC, TN, SC, northern GA areas, would like a better place and scholls to raise my son. Enjoy different seasons, leaf changes, cooler weather, cheaper rates(taxes, insurance, etc) ACLS, PALS, BTLS, FF2, Pump operator, paramedic/EMT cert. Step up Lieutenant. If anyone has any insight on any jobs in the area, I would apreciate it.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Fire/EMS Jobs

The department with the biggest push for paramedics is Memphis. They were even offering a sign on bonus. It's busy but the money is pretty good. You can also try the EMS Division of Nashville Fire and take a look at Gatlinburg Fire also.

Forum Member

Very few services in NC offer firefighter/paramedic... What kind of call volume do you want... busy, moderate, slow? Do you want larger metroplitan city or smaller rural county system? Most services in North Carolina are short handed and are always looking for qualified applicants, even if they aren't openly advertising for same. So pick an area or town that you think meets your needs for schools, taxes, etc... then look around for paramedic or firefighter jobs... shouldn't be too hard to find one.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by medic27205 View Post
    Very few services in NC offer firefighter/paramedic... What kind of call volume do you want... busy, moderate, slow? Do you want larger metroplitan city or smaller rural county system? Most services in North Carolina are short handed and are always looking for qualified applicants, even if they aren't openly advertising for same. So pick an area or town that you think meets your needs for schools, taxes, etc... then look around for paramedic or firefighter jobs... shouldn't be too hard to find one.
    Hi, Thanks for the post. I like to stay busy during the day at work and run calls, so a busy or moderate area would be fine. I want to relocate for a better place for my family, schools, weather, etc. I do have a question, are you able to live pretty well on the salary there? How about income tax and personal property tax, do they hurt you bad? I make 60K in florida, but the cost of living is real high along with taxes, insurance and so forth. I just don't want to move there and find out that I won't make enough money to support my family and then feel bad about leaving. Thanks for any info you can give me. You can email me back at sjp649@bellsouth.net if you want.

Thanks,

Steve

Thread Information