Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Forum Member

gee i didnt know there was so many ways of measuring accountability

all we use in CFS is an Entry control officer who takes a tally from any BA crews (as there is always less BA sets than crews this works fine) entering the hot zone/building etc this tally has name amount of air and time in and from this time out can be calculated.

unfortunately there isn't any real accountability system for the whole job in small general calls.

however on large bushfires with that reach 4th alarm (4th alarm means strike teams are called which is any number of groups of 5 trucks) we have a t card system where the crews are recorded by staging and they keep a rather close eye on crews.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Formercapt4304 View Post
    At least your departments try something the department I am currently working for does nothing. There is no accountability, no command structure, no prioritizing of tasks on the scene. It is basically a free for all. If i didn't need the job I wolud be out of there right now. I came from a department which was structured to the nth degree. The way the Volunteeres run this combonation department is a joke.
    I can relate 100%. It's getting better around here, but I can still remember the first time I heard over the radio "such and such assuming command". I was like IT"S ABOUT TIME>

Default Western Kentucky FD get new System

15 Western Kentucky Fire Departments get new Accountability Tag System.

http://www.14wfie.com/Global/story.asp?S=12045978

AL

MembersZone Subscriber ffmedcbk1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LovellA1 View Post

Right now we're using a dry erase board with velcro slots for our IDT tags.
    i hope that you keep the board inside during the fires b/c those type of markers don't like to get wet. we use china markers for that reason. command is usually on the front yard or at the back of the suburban.
    Originally Posted by madden01
    "and everyone is encouraged to use Plain, Spelled Out English. I thought this was covered in NIMS training."

Forum Member

My department utilizes a photo ID card that is turned into the OIC on the unit one rides out on. The OIC reports to IC, and then returns with any assignment(s) for the crew. An Accontability Officer/Safety Officer tracks all assigned tasks on a white board with a dry-erase marker and a stop watch (to track time in and air management time). All vehicles on scene are also tracked by this person, including their engineers.
    On the white board, which is also magnetic, are small magnets with each member's name on them. They are color coded for rank and EMT skills. This lets the IC know at a moment if he has an EMT on scene or not.

We're looking at changing our procedure slightly. We recently purchased several of the new T-Pass 4's, which we have not had much pleasurable experience with. We're looking to go back to our T-2's and use the T-4s at the IC, to be issued to the interior crews. This will do a three things we feel: 1) Increase accountability; 2) Ensure PASS devices are being activated; 3) Reduce the amount of freelancing that goes on with members just entering a structure when they feel like it (we hope!).

Thread Information