+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... Last
    Forum Member

Default Obama forgets to salute flag...........

and he wants to be our president.

Have a look at the photo from the October 1, 2007 edition of "Time." It shows Obama, Hillary and Bill Richardson at the Steak Fry of Sen. Tom Harkin (D-Iowa) on September 17 in Indianola, IA during [according to the photo caption] the National Anthem. Richardson and Clinton have their hands on their heart. But not Obama. Does he perhaps believe that, like wearing the flag pin, the hand on the heart isn't "true patriotism"?

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/mark-fi...ill-msm-notice
    ******=================
    ******================
    ******=================
    ******================
    =======================
    =======================
    =======================

------GOD BLESS AMERICA ! ------

Permanently Removed

Thumbs down

Well, that’s a picture of our “Amerika” today. Disrespect, no class, lie through your teeth and it’s all about me, me me!!

The jerk won’t even wear a “flag” on his lapel – he is a joke and a representation of what our biased press can do these days (that is the only reason he has gotten as far as he has so far).

Repeat lies enough times and people start to believe them. TL

MembersZone Subscriber

It's "Let's make an excuse time"!
    1. He was enchanted by the beautiful American countryside.
    2. He's hard of hearing.
    3. His handlers haven't instructed him on flag and anthem procedures.
    4. Mama din't raise him right.
    5. He just doesn't give a d***.
    6. He's used to following Herr Hillary's lead, and as she wasn't in front he couldn't re-act fast enough.
    etc. etc. etc.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SSIaerialmanTIM View Post
    Well, that’s a picture of our “Amerika” today. Disrespect, no class, lie through your teeth and it’s all about me, me me!!

The jerk won’t even wear a “flag” on his lapel – he is a joke and a representation of what our biased press can do these days (that is the only reason he has gotten as far as he has so far).

Repeat lies enough times and people start to believe them. TL
    Commentary like this is always so priceless. I didn't realize one's love for one's country boiled down to hand placement or a little piece of jewelry on one's lapel. Lapelgate is another BS distraction issue thrown out by conservative commentators who've had to call their doctors because their fake outrage hard-ons lasted more than three days. Given how many conservatives have come out of the closet in recent times I have a greater understanding of their interest in jewelry.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Commentary like this is always so priceless. I didn't realize one's love for one's country boiled down to hand placement or a little piece of jewelry on one's lapel. Lapelgate is another BS distraction issue thrown out by conservative commentators who've had to call their doctors because their fake outrage hard-ons lasted more than three days. Given how many conservatives have come out of the closet in recent times I have a greater understanding of their interest in jewelry.
    ...it's important to liberals and middle of the road types, too!!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by davjohnson View Post
    ...it's important to liberals and middle of the road types, too!!!
    I guess. Somehow proper hand placement and a little pin (probably made in China) is the new sign of being a "good" American.

I am continually amazed at what now constitutes proper patriot etiquette from the right wing noise machine. Meanwhile we have a war that is a borderline disaster. A fiscal policy that is whistling past the graveyard. And any number of domestic issues that need addressing. But a little pin is what we are being told is more important.

MembersZone Subscriber

I guess. Somehow proper hand placement and a little pin (probably made in China) is the new sign of being a "good" American.

I am continually amazed at what now constitutes proper patriot etiquette from the right wing noise machine. Meanwhile we have a war that is a borderline disaster. A fiscal policy that is whistling past the graveyard. And any number of domestic issues that need addressing. But a little pin is what we are being told is more important.

Please don't muddy the discussion with Logic.
    Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

Forum Member

http://www.usflag.org/flagetiquette.html

The Pledge of Allegiance and National Anthem

The pledge of allegiance should be rendered by standing at attention, facing the flag, and saluting.
    When the national anthem is played or sung, citizens should stand at attention and salute at the first note and hold the salute through the last note. The salute is directed to the flag, if displayed, otherwise to the music.

So I guess the man is just disrespectful and ignorant.

You don't always have to agree with someone just because he is a non Republican.
    ******=================
    ******================
    ******=================
    ******================
    =======================
    =======================
    =======================

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mcaldwell View Post
    Please don't muddy the discussion with Logic.
    So how do Canadians disrespect there own flag?
    ******=================
    ******================
    ******=================
    ******================
    =======================
    =======================
    =======================

Forum Member

I agree, its about respect. I could care less if he wears a pin or not, but when the National Anthem is played you stand at attention and place your hand over your heart, its as simple as that. It has nothing to do with the war, the economy or anything else. Its about respect for America. You have to wonder were his mind was when this happened.

Forum Member

So......Please tell us how YOU show your Patriotism for the United States of America????? And what does it mean to be "a good American"?
    Just someone trying to help! (And by the way....Thanks for YOUR help!)

Aggressive does not have to equal stupid.

** "The comments made here are this person's views and possibly that of the organizations to which I am affiliated" **

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by buster11 View Post
    I agree, its about respect. I could care less if he wears a pin or not, but when the National Anthem is played you stand at attention and place your hand over your heart, its as simple as that. It has nothing to do with the war, the economy or anything else. Its about respect for America. You have to wonder were his mind was when this happened.

Couldn't agree more. Some people just like to drag everything out when they know they are wrong.
    ******=================
    ******================
    ******=================
    ******================
    =======================
    =======================
    =======================

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by THEFIRENUT View Post
    So......Please tell us how YOU show your Patriotism for the United States of America????? And what does it mean to be "a good American"?
    I pay my taxes. I salute the flag. I support the troops. I served my country when it called instead of avoiding serving like others. I am married to the same woman for almost 30 years. We raised two children that so far are productive members of society.

That's a start.

Being a good American doesn't include getting lathered up because someone forgot or didn't have proper placement or wear a piece of jewelry.

I hope that helps.
    Last edited by scfire86; 10-25-2007 at 02:15 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber

you dont have to salute the flag to be a good American.

Respect it, yes.

Salute it.... no.

Someone people have religous obligations they follow when it comes to flag saluting, a la putting the politics before religion. They dont salute the flag but they will respect it and the nation they live in.

Now, I dont believe Obama's reason is because of that but, just try to keep an open mind

Permanently Removed

Thumbs down Still at it I see

Bring on the America Haters.
    Lapelgate is another BS distraction issue thrown out by conservative commentators who've had to call their doctors because their fake outrage hard-ons lasted more than three days.
    NO, “Lapelgate” was started by Obama. He is the one who thought of it, he decided to go on record as saying he won’t wear a US flag even though he thinks he is worthy to be President of the United States of America. No conservative “threw out this “BS distraction”. Obama created it all by himself – just like his “rain man pose” when the rest of the people had the respect to place their hand over their heart and salute the flag.
    His last sentence:
    Given how many conservatives have come out of the closet in recent times I have a greater understanding of their interest in jewelry.
    Seems to be the epitome of his first sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by scfire86
    Commentary like this is always so priceless.
    Nail yourself every time, don’t you SC??? Great “commentary” indeed. That also sounds like a slur/smear to me against gays (your "coming out of the closet" comment) , and from a “liberal” who is oh so tolerant.
    It appears to me gentlemen, it is the conservatives are the truly tolerant ones, otherwise people like “SC” wouldn’t dare poke their heads out from under their rock, and people like Obama wouldn’t have the audacity it attempt to aspire to the country’s highest office, while SHUNNING OUR FLAG at the same time.

Obama is already done for, let’s all just let him dry up and blow away. TL

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JHR1985 View Post
    you dont have to salute the flag to be a good American.

Respect it, yes.

Salute it.... no.

Someone people have religous obligations they follow when it comes to flag saluting, a la putting the politics before religion. They dont salute the flag but they will respect it and the nation they live in.

Now, I dont believe Obama's reason is because of that but, just try to keep an open mind
    Putting your hand over your heart during the National Anthem is showing respect for the flag and your country. What religion keeps you from doing this????
    Just someone trying to help! (And by the way....Thanks for YOUR help!)

Aggressive does not have to equal stupid.

** "The comments made here are this person's views and possibly that of the organizations to which I am affiliated" **

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by THEFIRENUT View Post
    Putting your hand over your heart during the National Anthem is showing respect for the flag and your country. What religion keeps you from doing this????
    The practice among at least one Christian sect is to leave the room altogether when the pledge is recited. It's considered too close to idol worship by some.

BTW, if we're using single frame pictures as a measure of patriotism, it appears Dubya has some saluting issues, as well:

"Nemo Plus Voluptatis Quam Nos Habant"

The Code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyMarshal View Post
    The practice among at least one Christian sect is to leave the room altogether when the pledge is recited. It's considered too close to idol worship by some.

BTW, if we're using single frame pictures as a measure of patriotism, it appears Dubya has some saluting issues, as well:
    I wasn't exactly thrilled when Bush autographed the flag, either.
    "Yeah, but as I've always said, this country has A.D.D." - Denis Leary

http://www.lettertogop.com/

IACOJ BOD

In Umpaluma land you have to circle once backwards, three times touching your left foot and rubbing your navel counter clockwise at the same time.

THAT is why you do not know where Umpaluma land is, only Johnny Depp has visited it, your president has never been there.

And sure as hell is hot, CNN or Fox do not have a camera there for the breathless "on the spot" bubble headed blond.

Can I throw up now, or do I need more aphorisims from merica.

ps. Last I heard over 6,000 of your Brothers are working their rings out in a hunk of country that continues to hang on to "merica" regardless of earth wind and fire.

Grow up. You have had over 200 years.

Maybe you should stop being 51 states of one country and start becoming one state of mind. THEN you will achieve the glory that so many of you seem to think you deserve.

If you can't do that, at least for Gods (seperate argument nobber) sake, get a common hose coupling.

Do that, and the rest of us MIGHT start taking you seriously.
    Last edited by FlyingKiwi; 10-25-2007 at 07:56 AM. Reason: to add injury to the insult.
    Psychiatrists state 1 in 4 people has a mental illness.
    Look at three of your friends, if they are ok, your it.

MembersZone Subscriber
    Loco madidus effercio in rutilus effercio.

Quote Originally Posted by BFDNJFF View Post
    So how do Canadians disrespect there own flag?
    Sadly, yes there are those who will be disrespectful - but that goes for any country in the world - they are everywhere.

However, there are those of us who do respect both our own flag and the flags of other nations and at least stand to attention when the Pledge of Alligance is given.
    If you don't do it RIGHT today, when will you have time to do it over? (Hall of Fame basketball player/coach John Wooden)

"I may be slow, but my work is poor." Chief Dave Balding, MVFD

"Its not Rocket Science. Just use a LITTLE imagination." (Me)

Get it up. Get it on. Get it done!

impossible solved cotidie. miracles postulo viginti - quattuor hora animadverto

IACOJ member: Cheers, Play safe y'all.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyMarshal View Post

Amazing what a little delayed or premature snapping of a photo can do. And photoshop can work wonders!
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

IACOJ

"Criticism is prejudice made plausible."
    - H. L. Mencken (1880-1956)

Forum Member

Bring on the America Haters.
    Talking about yourself again? Do you see the liberals posting threads like this that are BS issues. Given how I many times I've seen GOP friends of mine wearing ties that look like American flags I'm going to start calling them America haters as well. Get over yourself.

NO, “Lapelgate” was started by Obama. He is the one who thought of it, he decided to go on record as saying he won’t wear a US flag even though he thinks he is worthy to be President of the United States of America.
    Not true. He was asked after it was noticed why he didn't wear a lapel pin. Conservatives made it an issue to get people like you all wound up. Sounds like they succeeded.

It appears to me gentlemen, it is the conservatives are the truly tolerant ones, otherwise people like “SC” wouldn’t dare poke their heads out from under their rock, and people like Obama wouldn’t have the audacity it attempt to aspire to the country’s highest office, while SHUNNING OUR FLAG at the same time.
    If that was the nation's biggest problem I guess it might matter. As far as tolerant ones. I don't see the libs making attacks on these boards every time a conservative sneezes about something they view as unamerican. The right wing wackos like Coulter, Hannity, O'Reilly, and Limbaugh gasbags give us fodder for a daily posting on their statements of hate and intolerance. Witness Coulter's "perfected" comments about Jews. But keep your little soundbites you hear on AM radio.

As far as Obama. Does it really matter? Were you thinking of voting for him? I doubt it.

And I do like your homophobic comments. When your arguments fail, make a personal attack. It only proves they have no merit. Besides, I said the comments were "priceless", not "precious." Learn your gay lexicon before you make a comment in ignorance and only continue proving you have no idea what you're talking about.

Obama is already done for, let’s all just let him dry up and blow away. TL
    You're probably right. Hillary is poised to flatten people from both parties. Then we'll see just how excited all those who supported the Patriot Act (and other Executive powers the President has acquired during the last eight years) and the ability to wiretap without a warrant really think of the idea when someone they don't like has that capability.

Isn't it time for you to dazzle us with yet another tale of how you came to the rescue because you claimed an entire department couldn't figure out how to operate one of your aerials? That was a milk through the nose moment.
    Last edited by scfire86; 10-25-2007 at 09:25 AM.

Forum Member

The salute is directed to the flag, if displayed,
    And no mention of them all with their backs to the flag? Only 1 guy is the bad guy?

C'mon folks. Your really reaching on this one.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Banned

How do you know there isn't another flag in front of them as well, perhaps presented by a color guard.
    The problem as I see it is Mr. Osama doesn't understand American Tradition. Is it any wonder he is dropping like a rock in the polls? There are certain customs and traditions that 95% of all Americans embrace. You do have that fringe crowd that wants to please everyone (which is impossible). Myself, I am offended that we are taking Christmas out of public institutions as well as the schools just to appease some 3rd world radical who moved to this country with the sole intent of turning it upside down. We are a Christian society, deal with it. We salute the Flag and Respect the Flag. The flag is a symbol of our freedom and democracy, it represents everything great that this country stands for. What next?? Start criticizing someones Halloween directions and their costumes. Perhaps those who don't like to live by our rules and customs should go back to their native lands where they can live by the rules and customs they like.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HotTrotter View Post
    How do you know there isn't another flag in front of them as well, perhaps presented by a color guard.
    The problem as I see it is Mr. Osama doesn't understand American Tradition. Is it any wonder he is dropping like a rock in the polls? There are certain customs and traditions that 95% of all Americans embrace. You do have that fringe crowd that wants to please everyone (which is impossible). Myself, I am offended that we are taking Christmas out of public institutions as well as the schools just to appease some 3rd world radical who moved to this country with the sole intent of turning it upside down. We are a Christian society, deal with it. We salute the Flag and Respect the Flag. The flag is a symbol of our freedom and democracy, it represents everything great that this country stands for. What next?? Start criticizing someones Halloween directions and their costumes. Perhaps those who don't like to live by our rules and customs should go back to their native lands where they can live by the rules and customs they like.
    If the main author of the Decleration of Independence was a Deist and not a Christian, how can we be a Christian Nation or society? Sure we have a religious base to our society, a Judeo-Christian base even, but we are not a Christian Society. We are an American Society open to any belief that does not infringe on the freedoms of others.

Would you be happy if we kept Christmas accross the board and added other major religion's holidays as well?
    Be for Peace, but don't be for the Enemy!
    -Big Russ

Learn from the mistakes of others; you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    LOL....dont you people have anything else to do besides b*tch about our b*tching?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... Last

Thread Information