MembersZone Subscriber

Smile Received my career badge!

I am a volunteer FF-EMT with a combination department. This past Saturday I tested for a paid position. The written test consisted of 100 questions of fire 1 and 2, hazmat,and IMS material. We then had seven stations of hands on practicals, two of those being oral boards. I nailed both interviews. I would like to say thanks to Capt. Bob, although I did not purchase his book I read his website and articles and "PRACTICED." I strongly recommend the same to anyone seeking "THE BADGE." I was told after the interviews that it was apparent that I was prepared and it showed in my ability to answer their questions. Good luck to all and never give up on your dreams!

Forum Member

Smile

congrats,great for you!!!!
    "sauver ou périr"

"courage et dévouement"

2 french mottoes in french fire service.

Forum Member

Default Bravo!

Welcome to the fire service. As you pointed out the important thing here is you learned how to take a firefighter interview.

Congrats on the success in gaining your badge!

Thank you for the kind words.

To help you get started in the academy and as a new rookie here are a couple of Secrets to be read:

http://www.eatstress.com/academy.htm

http://www.eatstress.com/new.htm
    ______________________________ _______________

"Nothing counts 'til you have the badge . . . Nothing!"

Fire "Captain Bob"

www.eatstress.com

MembersZone Subscriber

Congrats! I also was recently hired. I nailed the interviews and they decided to give me an opportunity. Thank God for second chances!

Congrats and remember, You Have The Best Job In The World!!!

Thumbs up Thank you to Captain Bob and his son Rob

A tip of the hat to Captain Bob & Rob.

Earlier this year I had call to order some of Captain Bob's material and received some coaching from his son Rob. Like so many calls they have heard before my was no different I waited to late to get help in the most important area the oral.This was my first fire interview and it was in just a few weeks, Captain Bob emailed his material that night and past on Rob's contact numbers to set-up a mock oral.I didn't receive that job,however I was going to be ready for the next time, and now I had all the material I needed to get the job and wasted no time and got to work with my tape recorder.Months went on and I was DAILED !!! I was ready!!!.A call came in from a different department, and boy did everything happen fast!!. Again my oral was in one week, this time no problem, I was ready months ago for the first time I was excited not nervous. One week after the oral I had a medical and three days later I got the call, I had just got my dream job.

My kids,my wife,my family are very proud of what I have accomplish,and there isn't a prouder 41 year old to said he is a Fire Fighter, this job has changed my life and Captain Bob and his son Rob have helped.

I cannot thank them enough!!

PS spend as much or more effort and time on your oral as you do preparing for tests and fitness

Randy Simpson (Whitby Firefighter,Canada)

Thread Information