MembersZone Subscriber

Default Interesting hiring process??

Well I put in an application for a small town department in South Carolina (know a few people within the department) and basically the first step was an oral interview. There were 7 people on the board and 5 days of interviews. Well I passed the interview portion, the next was a "physical" to determine health for the agility test (EKG, drug test, blood pressure, a few blood tests, and a long health history form done by a fire department doctor) so I passed that. The next step is the agility test and then a background check, and then a final interview. I just find it interesting that the process is this way.

Is this a good sign, or just a general hiring process? I'm thinking since the interview was to weed out candidates and the rest is pass or fail.. Do I have a shot?
    Last edited by ffman02; 11-06-2007 at 01:32 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffman02 View Post
    Is this a good sign, or just a general hiring process? I'm thinking since the interview was to weed out candidates and the rest is pass or fail.. Do I have a shot?

Definately is not a typical hiring process. One consisting of written, physical agility, interview etc, but each dept can do things their own way.

I say you have a shot, just like anyone else who went on. It depends on who they want and how many get hired. You may get to the final interview and choke. Just saying, just because everything else was pass/fail, there are many depts that will do pass/fail be it written, physical or both, doesn't mean your chances are any better or worse than the next candidate. Don't feel like you have the job until the day you swear in.

MembersZone Subscriber

I like the idea of a interview first, its the way it should be. I know people that are physically strong and pass the PAT test with time to spare, but cannot logically form a good clear and concise sentance. Why not figure that out first?
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

IACOJ

"Criticism is prejudice made plausible."
    - H. L. Mencken (1880-1956)

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by WaterbryVTfire View Post
    clear and concise sentance
    (snicker)

While this doesn't sound like a traditional hiring process, it may be what works for them. You've made it through each step so far, don't get too comfortable yet.
    Every other candidate may be advancing through each step just like you and the final cut may be made at the final interview.

Either way, good luck and keep up the good showing.
    bam

Thread Information