Forum Member
    Last edited by afrexplorer1; 11-06-2007 at 04:13 PM.

god

were you there & if so, what were your responsibilities?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mikie333 View Post
    Rehab, hoses, And what ever the chiefs said.
    Last edited by afrexplorer1; 11-07-2007 at 05:21 PM.

Forum Member

Gotta love those surround and drown calls. I always seem to end up on tanker shuttles though.
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

Forum Member

And this is important how? The guy was merely sharing news of a big fire in his home town.

Afrexplorer1--
    Looks like yall had some big work over there. Im sure that whatever you did on scene was appreciated by the guys fighting the fire.

Quote Originally Posted by ndvfdff33 View Post
    Gotta love those surround and drown calls. I always seem to end up on tanker shuttles though.
    hmm sitting in a heated cab instead of on a 2.5 inch monitor in the 30-40 degree weather? seems like you have the right idea brother, hahaha
    Do a little dance, make a little rum, Italian Ice! Italian Ice!

Actual lyric: Do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight, get down tonight.
    (KC & The Sunshine Band "Do A Little Dance")

My thoughts are mine alone and do not represent the thoughts of any Organization to which I am affiliated.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by tbonetrexler View Post
    hmm sitting in a heated cab instead of on a 2.5 inch monitor in the 30-40 degree weather? seems like you have the right idea brother, hahaha
    There is a method to my madness man.

Just kiddin, I'd much rather be on a line.
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

Forum Member

I have to agree with tbone here. What does this have to do with the fact his town had a major fire that he felt was worthy to share with us?? hmmm. I can think of it. NOTHING!

Ryan

Forum Member

To me it just seems that he wanted to know what juniors/explorers from other areas are allowed to do when on scene. Why jump down his throat if he was just trying to learn?
    Wade Munday

www.Stafford2fire.com
    -and-
    www.fairfaxfire.org

RIP DET. VICKY ARMEL
    Fairfax County PD
    LODD
    End Of Watch 5-8-2006

RIP DEPUTY/FF JASON MOONEY
    Stafford Sheriffs/Stafford VFD
    LODD
    End Of Watch 10-19-2007

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LADDER2EKU View Post
    To me it just seems that he wanted to know what juniors/explorers from other areas are allowed to do when on scene. Why jump down his throat if he was just trying to learn?
    I'm going to guess he's not a Junior/Explorer mostly based on the fact he said he's in College. I could be wrong though. Maybe he's like Doogie Howser

Ryan

makes good girls go bad

Good job protecting exposures!

Other then that, with that high of a fuel load, ain't much you can do about it.

No piece of property is worth my life.
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool

Hey afrexplorer1!!! I appreciate the enthusiasm. ...and I'm sure all of the firefighters on-scene appreciated what you did.

Forum Member

Disregard.
    Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

Forum Member

Disregard.

Gah... Double post.
    Sorry.
    Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

god

Quote Originally Posted by LADDER2EKU View Post
    thank you.

as an EXPLORER (up until recently), ndvfdff33, I never had the opportunity to go to a big scene like that, hence being curious to know what an explorer/junior would be doing on the scene.

Forum Member

thank you.

as an EXPLORER (up until recently), ndvfdff33, I never had the opportunity to go to a big scene like that, hence being curious to know what an explorer/junior would be doing on the scene.
    Fair enough then. I stand corrected. It's hard to be able to read somebody through a computer screen. That are a lot of sarcastic SOB's here so sometimes you never really know.

Ryan

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ndvfdff33 View Post
    Fair enough then. I stand corrected. It's hard to be able to read somebody through a computer screen. That are a lot of sarcastic SOB's here so sometimes you never really know.
    I couldn't agree with you enough.
    Firefighter/EMT

Forum Member

We had a commercial job this morning. Place that makes pre fab truss roof components, and their attached lumber storage. Wasn't a huge place, but it was on the ground before anyone even called it in.

And I would have totally loved to be anywhere near a heated cab, as it was snowing, and cold as heck out this morning. Instead, I was tuck on the turntouble of our tower, wishing I had someone to bring me coffee.

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool

Junior members in my small town rural volunteer fire company are issued gear and may ride certain pieces of equipment to alarms. At the scene, they can expect to help by gophering, handing out food and water, rolling hose, cleaning tools, shoveling manure at barn fires, sweeping debris off roads, overhaul, salvage, and some exterior firefighting. Of course, they may be exposed to some on-scene training opportunities.
    Our fire company has had a junior member program since the 60's and it has worked out well for the most part. They are junior members until age 18 and receive the same training as all other firefighters. They must also maintain their grades while in school and abide by a curfew. Juniors are obligated to attend company training and meetings, and participate in fund-raising activities, as well. Though it's not required, they may ride as an observer on the ambulances once they meet the requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by davjohnson View Post
    Junior members in my town [are allowed to] help by gophering, handing out food and water, rolling hose, cleaning tools.Thats it for us.

Thank you for not making me type!

makes good girls go bad

Once you EARN the respect, and trust of your Brother Firemen (for you Explorers, you ARE our Brothers and Sisters, no matter how much of a pain in the @ss you may be) you will find your tasks on a fire ground may expand.

"Hey Junior, sit on this line, and shoot through there", sitting out of IDLH zone, with full members watching, and supervising.

Once medically trained, doing minor First Responder tasks.

Little things to us, make the day for a Jr or Explorer.

But you need to earn it.
    AJ, MICP, FireMedic
    Member, IACOJ.
    FTM-PTB-EGH-DTRT-RFB-KTF
    This message has been made longer, in part from a grant from the You Are a Freaking Moron Foundation.

Hey,

I know this may be a bit off topic to your thread. But I stumbled upon your thread from searching for info on Junior Firefighters/Explorers in Asheville. I was just wondering what department you belong to and how did you go about getting involved with them? Feel free to send me a private message in regards to this. I couldn't figure out how to send you one.

Thanks,
    Harry McLaughlin JR

Thread Information