Forum Member

Default NewExplorer seeks aid

I am a new Fire explorer and was wondering if there was a wensite or anything that I could go to to learn stuff about firefighting, Such as the codes how ppl say 10-34 and alarm 2 I would like to know what that means so please let me know anything that you think would benefit me would be great to know.

Thanks,
    Dillon

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dillon8 View Post
    I am a new Fire explorer and was wondering if there was a wensite or anything that I could go to to learn stuff about firefighting, Such as the codes how ppl say 10-34 and alarm 2 I would like to know what that means so please let me know anything that you think would benefit me would be great to know.

Thanks,
    Dillon
    http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...q=firefighting

god

Thanks,
    Dillon
    unlike the previous response, i'll try to be helpful.

You're off to a good start here...the forums are a great place to ask questions and find answers; you could spend hours browsing here and simply learning. Also, don't worry about being new when your at the fire house, people will know that and will help you out. Observation is key.

hope that was a little helpful.

MembersZone Subscriber

I agree this is the place to start. And with NIMS coming into mainstream, you are going to see less and less uses of "10 codes".....
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

IACOJ

"Criticism is prejudice made plausible."
    - H. L. Mencken (1880-1956)

Forum Member

Thanks,
    Dillon
    Welcome to the group first off, you are definitely in the right spot to get info. As for the ten codes, if your dept does not use them I wouldn't worry too much about it. A lot of stuff to try and remember if your never going to use it. This site has them, but I'm not sure whether FDNY uses their own codes or not. http://www.nyfd.com/radio.html. The other I'm not sure if you meant 2nd Alarm. If so there are various levels of Alarms depending on the type of fire your facing. Perhaps you were looking for something like this http://www.dcfd.com/alarms.php. That is how Washington DC works theirs. Hopefully that maybe helped shed some light into things. Anything else just ask. My only advice would be to avoid starting threads about lights because you don't even want to know how that will go. Enjoy.
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

Forum Member

Default Thanks guys

Thanks Guys If you can think of anything at all or anything let me know

Thanks,
    Dillon

Forum Member

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by mikie333 View Post
    unlike the previous response, i'll try to be helpful.

You're off to a good start here...the forums are a great place to ask questions and find answers; you could spend hours browsing here and simply learning. Also, don't worry about being new when your at the fire house, people will know that and will help you out. Observation is key.

hope that was a little helpful.
    I tried.

Sorry for being unhelpful.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by afrexplorer1 View Post
    I tried.

Sorry for being unhelpful.
    Don't sweat him man. Kind of funny he calls you unhelpfull yet he is unsure of himself.

At least you provided him a spot where he can read up on things and possibly get his questions answered. Ah well.
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

Forum Member

Default First day at the station

So today was my first day at the station and I learned alot...I learned where everything is on the engine and how to roll and un-roll the hose.It was alot of fun. Unfortunatly there were no calls but it's ok I had fun. Im going this friday the 16th to the station again but this time I am spending the night.
    Thanks,
    Dillon

Forum Member

So today was my first day at the station and I learned a lot...I learned where everything is on the engine and how to roll and UN-roll the hose. It was a lot of fun. Unfortunately there were no calls but it's OK I had fun. I'm going this Friday the 16th to the station again but this time I am spending the night.
    Good, Glad you have fun i know every time i go i have fun even when we dont get a call.

And for as far as the hose rolling goes you better get used to it.

Forum Member

So today was my first day at the station and I learned alot...I learned where everything is on the engine and how to roll and un-roll the hose.It was alot of fun. Unfortunatly there were no calls but it's ok I had fun. Im going this friday the 16th to the station again but this time I am spending the night.
    Good to hear you had a good time. Don't worry about the calls. They will all come in time.

Ryan

Forum Member

Think of it this way, thats one more day someone is not in danger. Good luck, and eys, here is the best place to start. I've found thsi place to be a life saver when i need info.
    Service Through Courage

NEVER FORGET 9/11/01

Thread Information