I have been reading some of the threads and I am really sad about what I am reading. I sure appreciate hearing from the Spanish Firefighters. I was a contract employee with Boeing from the years mentioned in title. I understand the Spanish firefighters and their Unions. It was a little hard for me to go with but I did because they fought for these rights and even some of those days off and vacation time were Spanish law that we had to follow.

I have to say that I had the best time of my life while I was there. I lived in the hotel on base. I did live off base a couple of times, but came back to the hotel. Not that there was anything wrong, I just did not like the traveling to and from Sevilla or Moron`.

The Spanish firefighters were the best I have ever worked with. They were well trained and I would go into any fire with them. I trusted them with my life. They were very patient since I did not know any Spanish when I first arrived. When I left, I spoke like a native. I love that Andalusian Spanish. The way they cut the words and so forth. That is why the northerners did not like them. I loved the Spanish people. They were fantastic with me and I loved partying with them. I never had anyone ever give me a bad look or bad language. Of course they could of been talking their butts off when I first got there, but I doubt it.

Couple of questions. Where is the department now? Is it in the same building on the ramp to the right of the tower? What trucks do you have now? I heard you have a lot of personel per shift. I think I had 20 per shift total. We even had an old O-11a. I remember we were having lot of grass fires across the runway. I used that O-11a to put them out. It was a bitch using the tanker. Always afraid it would tip over.

I left there not have a whole lot of pictures. If there is anyone who can send me a picture of the outside of the station, if it is the same one. I need one looking into the station from the runway side. I also do not have a picture of the bunk rooms. I remember they were really nice and especially the AC's area.

I doubt if there are any Spanish firefighters left from the early 80's. If there are and they remember Mike Davis, I would really like to hear from them. I would like to hear from anyone there now, American or Spanish. Please write me at somsong@sbcglobal.net.

I would really like to come back, but I doubt they would take a 58 year old. Please write me, I would really like to hear what is going on now.