Forum Member

Question

Quote Originally Posted by superchef View Post
    Good luck to everyone!!!!

Do you work in the city? If so is there any talk around the houses about there next hiring process?

MembersZone Subscriber

BKDRAFT

Although I live in the city, alas I am but a mere insignificant civilian.

CALBOU would probably have a better ear than me.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BKDRAFT View Post
    Stockton Fire Department said the same thing regarding sleeping overnight. People still did although you were directed not to. It was brought to the Fire Departments attention and they said they couldn't do anything about it. So basically they are hiring those that are breaking the rules prior to getting on the job. Makes no sense to me. Oakland's testing process sounds exactly like Stockton's even down to the amount of applications they are accepting. After this is done and over with I would like to know out of the twenty they hire, how many of them live outside the City of Oakland.
    Any idea what day/time guys got there for the Stockton test?

Forum Member

I got to stockton around 4:00 AM and ended up being around 300 to 400 as far as numbers, you could have shown up at eight or nine and probably still gotten in, no idea on if oakland will be different. I'd like to drop off my app but don't get off till 8 that morning so it's not looking good

MembersZone Subscriber

The RIGHT thing to do will be to start following Oakland Fire Department/City of Oakland orders right off the bat: do not sleep/stand in front of the building prior to 6 AM.

But...consider this imaginary situation...

....A candidate is the very first one to arrive. No one else around. He does what his future employer asked him to do--obey the plaza curfew. So he waits outside the plaza, at the closest possible spot he can wait at while still obeying the rules....

....meanwhile, people start lining up right at the door, breaking the rules, and turn in their applications like nothing ever happened.

...The candidate who followed the rules strikes out because he obeyed and followed directions, just like Oakland asked him to....

Then what?

Maybe I'll call HR and ask them this very question. Perhaps I'm over-thinking it, but hey, this imaginary situation could potentially be a very real one for many people.

Forum Member

Silverscout you have to activate your pm

Thanks PK. I've enabled PM's.

Done. Thanks PK.

Forum Member

I tried to submit my application but it was complete choas. It was completely unorganized. There were people that were there for 2 days and they still didnt get the chance to submit their application. It was a shame.

Arrow OFD Application Process

If you were present to see this absolute fiasco and would like to be included in potential legal action regarding the many EOE violations and discrimination that occured, please email ofdlegalaction@yahoo.com with your account of the events and your contact information.

Thread Information