Forum Member

Arrow SkidCar anyone???

Anyone using/familiar with the SkidCar System for driver training? Your thoughts? Thanks.
    Developer and Sr. Presenter, Team Xtreme
    BIG RIG RESCUE

Forum Member

Not in the way you're thinking but there will be plenty of Skid cars here in about a month.Come on up,you can try it in the rental of your choice,hehe T.C.

Forum Member

Default AMIC Skid Car

Here in Alabama, the Municipal Insurance Corporation hosts skid car classes throughout the state. We are required by the city to attend (this enables the city to receive a discount on their insurance premiums). The class that I just recently attended was predominantly police officers, and the classroom material does have a law enforcement slant. The driving segment of the class was actually fun and informative. I'm not saying that the handling characteristics of the chevy malibu that we drove was the same as driving a pumper, but it does teach the basic mechanics of emergency driving.

MembersZone Subscriber

The front wheel drive police impala sux, the Rear wheel drive Crown vic was a lot more fun.

Its all popo all the way, Our guys hated the class part, but loved the driving course.

Saved the city some cash and got guys some OT so sounds like a win to me. Nothing like driving the apparatus. They make a skid unit for the apparatus, would be cool to have one on a 100 ft platform.

Forum Member

I was going to attend the Russelville class this time but time constraints prevented me from going. I was forced to go to Orange Beach for the skid car class down there

Thread Information