Thread: Certs in AF

Forum Member

Default Certs in AF

I was wondering if my EMT-B, and FF1 certifications could be used to exempt me from classes in the AF to get the certifications? Not really a big deal if that isn't an option, because I really enjoyed these classes, and did well in both of them.

I'm now within 10-15 lbs of joining, so I'm going to need questions answered... Thanks, James.

Forum Member

You can challenge the different block tests (at least you could when I went through it) . Being an EMT, you should be able to pass the "First Responder" block test with no problem. You might also challenge block I, but I advise that you go through the whole school. It is top notch. The school was a great refresher on some subjects. On other subjects, it was a wonderful challenge.

I decided not to challenge any blocks and I am glad. Working together with your class, progressing through the blocks was a wonderful experience and I wouldn't give it up for anything.
    Just someone trying to help! (And by the way....Thanks for YOUR help!)

Aggressive does not have to equal stupid.

** "The comments made here are this person's views and possibly that of the organizations to which I am affiliated" **

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool

You can challenge if they still allow but I wouldn't recommend it. The military has a different concept of operations which is not comparable to the civilian world. It's probably best to be on the same page as everyone else right from the start.

Worldwide Menace

Quote Originally Posted by hornedfrog2000 View Post
    I was wondering if my EMT-B, and FF1 certifications could be used to exempt me from classes in the AF to get the certifications? Not really a big deal if that isn't an option, because I really enjoyed these classes, and did well in both of them.

I'm now within 10-15 lbs of joining, so I'm going to need questions answered... Thanks, James.
    The only thing you could block (test) out of would be first responder, but even then, i wouldn't try.. You learn more when ya re-take it as some instructors have a different style of teaching... EMT-B's had a difficult time passing the tests as they were in the EMT mindset, not the First responder mindset.

You could not block out of FF1 because at the academy, you go through Fire1 and 2 at the same time. Again.. you would miss out on some stuff.

DO NOT VOLUNTEER that you're already certified or a jolly volly.. you dojn't wanna be made an example of (good and bad)..

again.. working with your class really builds up the teamwork aspect of the school.. it was great and i wouldn't trade it for anything.

-Damien

Thread Information