MembersZone Subscriber

Default Education Program

I trying to find any other department that use a live dog for fire prevention and education. If there is any please let me know I would like to see an overview of there plan.

Forum Member

Johnson County RFD #1 in Arkansas
    You can find info online

Default Education Program

I know there are a few around. I have the same interest for a future program. So are you in Indiana? Contact me directly at bfdprev2@yahoo.com.

Default Fire Safety Dog

I know there are a few programs around. Can I assume you are from Indiana? Please contact me directly so we can discuss this further at bfdprev2@yahoo.com.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Get Out with Scout

I have recently lost my partner, Scout, who was the main instructor for home escape progams. Scout was a specially trained Dalmatian who helped present the following actions: Checking a smoke detector, Crawling low in smoke, checking a door, going to and waiting at a meeting place, dialing 911, and stop, drop and roll. This type program takes a lot of time and upkeep for the star, but reaches kids and adults in ways that the standard firefighter just cannot. If you have any questions I will be glad to field them. See the link below for an article and pictures published by the Dalmatian Club of America about Scout and his program.

Lt. Chris Carpenter
    Pelham Fire Department, AL

http://www.thedca.org/Scout.html
    Lt C. Carpenter BS, NREMT-P

Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Quote Originally Posted by Firedog1 View Post
    I have recently lost my partner, Scout, who was the main instructor for home escape progams. Scout was a specially trained Dalmatian who helped present the following actions: Checking a smoke detector, Crawling low in smoke, checking a door, going to and waiting at a meeting place, dialing 911, and stop, drop and roll. This type program takes a lot of time and upkeep for the star, but reaches kids and adults in ways that the standard firefighter just cannot. If you have any questions I will be glad to field them. See the link below for an article and pictures published by the Dalmatian Club of America about Scout and his program.

Lt. Chris Carpenter
    Pelham Fire Department, AL

http://www.thedca.org/Scout.html
    My condolences for your sad loss.

I'm sure the firefighters who have made the ultimate sacrifice welcomed Scout with open arms and hearts. *sad smile*
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Thread Information