Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Exclamation Ohio Competitions

Anybody at all now of anyplace in Ohio that is having a competition for Fire Explorers? Help.......my group is ready to compete. Please reply or Email me.

Forum Member

where are those rossford explorers when u need them?

Forum Member

Default We Need Competitions

Quote Originally Posted by alpha4 View Post
    where are those rossford explorers when u need them?
    huh? Who are they?
    Colton Poling

Rossford puts on an annual Muster event every July with a wide variety of competitive events. I'm sure one of them will chime in shortly. I have a little information about a non-competitive, but still field related event.

My post, well I run the event, puts on a Mock Disaster event every May (the 24th for 2008). It's a pretty cool day. We setup and run a bunch of 'mock' scenarios ranging from MVA's, to live fires (usually cars), and a wide variety of medical situations. We also try to bring in a demonstration from an outside agency (new equipment and stuff like that to the field) and bring in a local EMS agency with a rig and bird. I can't say what 2008 will be, but we are going to start working on some cool stuff in January to try and pull it off.

If you, or ANYONE here is interested, shoot me an email (KTorak@gmail.com) and i'll place you on my contact list for the event and let you know when the planning meetings are in the spring and more information about the event. Registration was $15 [per person] last year, and should remain that for the next year.
    Last edited by KTorak; 12-02-2007 at 12:34 PM.
    Kyle
    Bedford Fire/Rescue Explorer Post #547
    -Post Cheif
    -Treasurer
    -Mock Disaster Site Planner & Event Coordinator

Quote Originally Posted by KTorak View Post
    My post, well I run the event, puts on a Mock Disaster event every May (the 24th for 2008). It's a pretty cool day. We setup and run a bunch of 'mock' scenarios ranging from MVA's, to live fires (usually cars), and a wide variety of medical situations. We also try to bring in a demonstration from an outside agency (new equipment and stuff like that to the field) and bring in a local EMS agency with a rig and bird. I can't say what 2008 will be, but we are going to start working on some cool stuff in January to try and pull it off.

If you, or ANYONE here is interested, shoot me an email (KTorak@gmail.com) and i'll place you on my contact list for the event and let you know when the planning meetings are in the spring and more information about the event. Registration was $15 [per person] last year, and should remain that for the next year.

THIS IS MONEY!!!!!!!!

Best thing that I have ever done with the explorers. I don't care if you live in Hawaii, you should come to this.

Oh yeah, our muster is pretty cool too. I'll try to get some info for ya.

Here are the forms from last year, if the event rules arent on there, track me down and I can get them for you.

http://rossfordfire.com/explorers.html

They are on the left hand side towards the bottom.
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
    ------------------------------------

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by KTorak View Post
    Rossford puts on an annual Muster event every July with a wide variety of competitive events. I'm sure one of them will chime in shortly. I have a little information about a non-competitive, but still field related event.

Kyle, I have a request that you plan it this year to have NO RAIN so we can actually get a bird in...

Quote Originally Posted by RFRDxplorer View Post
    THIS IS MONEY!!!!!!!!

Best thing that I have ever done with the explorers. I don't care if you live in Hawaii, you should come to this.

Oh yeah, our muster is pretty cool too. I'll try to get some info for ya.

Here are the forms from last year, if the event rules arent on there, track me down and I can get them for you.

http://rossfordfire.com/explorers.html

They are on the left hand side towards the bottom.
    I wholeheartedly agree with Jake here.
    Jake, check your PMs.
    Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

Quote Originally Posted by RFxplr326 View Post
    Kyle, I have a request that you plan it this year to have NO RAIN so we can actually get a bird in...
    Yeah, I'll see how that one goes...haha
    Kyle
    Bedford Fire/Rescue Explorer Post #547
    -Post Cheif
    -Treasurer
    -Mock Disaster Site Planner & Event Coordinator

Thread Information