Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Columbia River Knife and Tool MAK - 1

Has any one ever used the Columbia River Knife and Tool MAK – 1 (Multiple Access Knife) tool? If so do you recommend carrying it on your turnouts? Why or why not.

Forum Member

Default Columbia River Knife and Tool MAK - 1

Has no one ever even seen the tool I am talking about? Even if you have never used one I would be grateful for your thoughts on whether it would be a good tool to carry or not. You can find a description and picture of it at http://www.crkt.com/makextrik.html .

Quote Originally Posted by jobbob101 View Post
    Has any one ever used the Columbia River Knife and Tool MAK – 1 (Multiple Access Knife) tool? If so do you recommend carrying it on your turnouts? Why or why not.
    I've never used it, but I just checked it out online and it appears to be a smaller version of the Spec Plus, so I would definitely recomend that you carry it on your turnout gear. My fire instructor carries 3 pr. of pliers, a multi-tool, 10 ft. of rope plus many other things including screw-drivers. He always says that "you should carry anything that could help save your life or the life of one of your buddies and that will get you both out."

I dont have it in my turnouts, but I did look at it online and it seems to be a good tool. You would primarily use it for seatbelt extrication, and that is a good tool to have with you when you got that kind of problem.

Check out www.vententersearch.com , and go to "whats in your pockets" or "tips from the bucket" it is a truckie website that has a lot of great ideas of what to carry. I looked at the website and It looks like a good tool. Everyone is different in what they want to carry. I carry trauma shears ( ems shears) a shove knife, a multi tip screw driver, small vise grips and lineman pliers and 5o feet of bailout rope. Some guys carry a tool box worth of stuff and some guys carry nothing. If it works for you brother, carry it.

Thread Information