Apologies if this is the wrong forum...
We have several FFs who have helmet cameras. I have been tasked with writing SOPs for their operation.
A couple of main points we have determined so far:
1. Main purpose is call review/training.
2. May help with investigations (arson).
3. Video gathered on scene is the property of the FD.
4. Only those with HIPAA training (EMTs/First Responders) allowed to use cameras.
5. Any video taken on scene is reviewable by FD administration and can be sequestered if it is likely to be used as evidence.
6. Video is not distributed or shared without prior administration approval.
If anyone has SOPs/SOGs for helmet cams, I would appreciate a copy.
I will gladly share whatever we put into service.