MembersZone Subscriber

Default Laptops mounted in apparatus...

My department is wanting to mount a laptop inside of our first due pumper. Because we have more than a few "high risk" facilities in our district, we feel it is necessary to stay up to date with chemical and monitoring information. The need to have such information on hand and readily accesible is crucial. Does anyone have any suggestions as to a type or brand of mounting bracket. We would like it mounted to the floor and have the ability to fold it down next to a seat when not in use. Any help with be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys. Be safe.

Forum Member

Default Mount -for laptop computer

My department is currently installing (CF-30 and (CF-19 Panasonic Toughbooks. We currently have 4 already mounted and are mounting 4 more. They are wireless and can access our server and they can pull up all pre-plan data. The FD can also enter fire reports in the field, pull up vehicle information For extracation. There is a company call Hashed that Sells all types of computer mounts for veh.

wfs

Forum Member

I have one of these http://cgi.ebay.com/Car-Laptop-Mount...QQcmdZViewItem

It is not expensive and the best part is you can modify it easy because it uses threaded black pipe that you can get elbows and stuff from any where

Default Software

Quote Originally Posted by FMFFPB View Post
    My department is currently installing (CF-30 and (CF-19 Panasonic Toughbooks. We currently have 4 already mounted and are mounting 4 more. They are wireless and can access our server and they can pull up all pre-plan data. The FD can also enter fire reports in the field, pull up vehicle information For extracation. There is a company call Hashed that Sells all types of computer mounts for veh.

wfs
    What software is being used to bring up vehicle information and pre-plans?

James

Forum Member

Default Computer mounts

Our department received panasonic toughbooks forour front line rigs. the mounts that we used came from the same supplier as the toughbooks. I do know that Gamber Johnson has some mounts. Just unsure if they have what you are looking for.
    http://www.gamberjohnson.com/

good luck

Forum Member

Would y'all take some pictures? We're looking to mount a laptop in our heavy rescue.

Forum Member

Default Software

Quote Originally Posted by jsingleton View Post
    What software is being used to bring up vehicle information and pre-plans?

James
    James the software we are using is called emergency software products. we have been using this software for the past 18 years. we use all of their software from NFIRS, Inspections, PRE-PLAN, ETC. you can visit their web site at www.emergencysoftware.com

Forum Member

Default Panasonic Toughbook

The attached photo is one of the Toughbooks mounted in our fire apparatus. We are using terminal service to connect to our file server for pre-plan information as well as entering NFIRS calls and GPS mapping.

The software we are using is called Emergency Software Products, we have been using the software for the past 18 years.

www.emergencysoftware.com

William Smith
    Fire Marshal
    wsmith@fairfieldnj.org
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Forum Member

Thank you for the picture. I showed my chief that picture and another on the gamber johnson website. I did want to ask what type of base are you using to mount to your dash and did you have to reinforce ther dash to take the load of the mount and laptop?

Thread Information